Possible new bike in the garage

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
My hubby has 3 bikes currently. I only have 1 bike. Not fair...

He is always looking at Craiglists for good deals. He says to me tonight while I'm making dinner...

"I found a bike you might like, you want to see it?" Duh, of course.

It's a 2012 Triumph 675 Daytona with purple paint. :cheer:

Unfortunately, it has 500 miles and the guy wants too much for it ($9,000). I said "offer him $7,000". lol

Hubby says "it would be a fun bike for you to run around on". Yes!!! He'll keep an eye on it and see if the guy gets desperate. heehee

Gotta love a man looking out for his woman...

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
My guess would be it went down and he repainted. What guy would paint a 675 purple with that few miles.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not that he'll let it go for 7, but it would probably be a good idea to try to sit on that bike 1st. Daytona has very race-track oriented ergonomics.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think it's repainted, I'v seen that bike in that color multiple times.

Are you referring to the pic? because thats a street triple which does come in that color. the Daytona 675 was never offered in purple

I don't know if that's the bike, I just did a search of craigslist based on her location and the info she provided :confused:
Sorry if I overstepped or confused anyone :spank:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know if that's the bike, I just did a search of craigslist based on her location and the info she provided :confused:
Sorry if I overstepped or confused anyone :spank:

It would match your slippers tho!
:ban:

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe it's his wife's, or GF's, or BF's bike!? :rolleyes:

I like it Monica! :thumbup:

That is it!! It is a Street Triple. My bad. I was wrong. Daytona has full fairings, right? Street Triple is a naked bike.

I need to talk with (flirt with) my buddies at the Triumph dealer in town and get on the call list if they get a used purple one in... heehee Would it be a good track bike? We are getting into going to the track. Thinking about converting my son's SV650s for us to share. Could I use the Street Triple?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
How did you know my slippers are purple? I'll have to get a purple helmet and gloves to match the bike. They will go nicely with my black leathers.

lytehouse, her avatar has purple slippers.... But apparently you do too!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Would it be a good track bike? We are getting into going to the track. Thinking about converting my son's SV650s for us to share. Could I use the Street Triple?

Of course it can be used on track, but no, it's not ideal. SV650 is a much better track bike. It's all about ergonomics and the fact that 650 is somewhat slow is also a good thing for the track.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Purple isn't manly enough for you??? Purple is considered a sign of royalty. Maybe he thinks he's a prince or king.

purple-rain-bike.png

Blah

I've not ridden a Street Triple, but it'd be on my short list and the sound of the engine is intoxicating!

Last edited:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I assume you are track riding at Fernley? I haven't ridden over there yet so when you do post us a track ride report.
Thunderhill near Willows Ca. is a blast!

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
That is it!! It is a Street Triple. My bad. I was wrong. Daytona has full fairings, right? Street Triple is a naked bike.

I need to talk with (flirt with) my buddies at the Triumph dealer in town and get on the call list if they get a used purple one in... heehee Would it be a good track bike? We are getting into going to the track. Thinking about converting my son's SV650s for us to share. Could I use the Street Triple?

personally i think that fully faired bikes are better for the track. levers and plastic bits are better to trash than engine and frame components

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
I assume you are track riding at Fernley? I haven't ridden over there yet so when you do post us a track ride report.
Thunderhill near Willows Ca. is a blast!

Fernley track is pretty torn up from what I hear. Did Thunderhill last Labor Day with Precision track. "Try the Track" so only 2 laps and parking lot skills but very fun. I'm ready for more hence purchase of leathers. :cheer:

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
purple-rain-bike.png

Blah

I've not ridden a Street Triple, but it'd be on my short list and the sound of the engine is intoxicating!

I agree. Sound is awesome!! Love the sound of my Sprint. I usually ride with ear plugs but sometimes I don't so I can hear the bike. Love it!