Two New bikes in the Garage - tomorrow

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
My new 2014 Triumph Street Triple R arrived today. They got it out of the crate today. I went by the dealership this afternoon to see it.
View attachment 56286

View attachment 56287
I'll go pick it up after school tomorrow. My son is going to pick me up from work and drop me off at the dealer so I can drive it home.:cheer: He's on his Spring Break from college and is willing to take me to school at 7:30am tomorrow. Pretty good kid.

Second bike....:rockon:
My hubby saw this beauty on Craigslist when he was in Sacramento, CA over the weekend working. He put a deposit on it Sunday and our son pulled our cargo trailer down the hill and picked it up Monday afternoon. It's a 2007 Honda 919. I got a naked bike, so he had to get one too.. lol It has 5k miles. Pretty low for a 2007.
View attachment 56289

This makes for a total of 7 bikes and 3 riders. That's pretty ridiculous. lol

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet looking bike Monica!
There's 2 of us in the house with a total of 5 bikes.....it would be more if we had the $$$ and room! LOL

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So NOT FARE!!! I need MORE! :D
Congrads on the new bike! R shakes head, I thought you switching panels for white or ???? :confused::confused:

O/T
-
-
-

Gotta say the Honda carries a lot of the same profile as the Fizzer...
Nice looking bike! :thumbup: What year is it?
56289d1426734004-two-new-bikes-garage-tomorrow-2015-03-15-10-03-16-jpg

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Damn nice bike! Let me know when it's broke in, we'll all meet in Truckee and ride!

I rode a 919 and liked it, sweet sewing machine motor.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bikes! 2 bikes per rider is ideal as long as they are completely different styles. 2 sport bikes or 2 cruisers for one rider is a bit ridiculous though. :thumbup:

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
So NOT FARE!!! I need MORE! :D
Congrads on the new bike! R shakes head, I thought you switching panels for white or ???? :confused::confused:

O/T
-
-
-

Gotta say the Honda carries a lot of the same profile as the Fizzer...
Nice looking bike! :thumbup: What year is it?
56289d1426734004-two-new-bikes-garage-tomorrow-2015-03-15-10-03-16-jpg

Honda is a 2007. It is a pretty red. I had to move it around in the garage last night to make room for my Street (hubby is working out of town again for 2 days) and it is as heavy to push around as my Sprint if not heavier. My Street will be lighter.

I was going to swap parts but then the dealer found a demo for me in the color I wanted (from their Las Vegas store with 400+ miles on her). It was on it's way to me when the dealer got Triumph America to cough up a brand new one in the box. I got her for the same price as I negotiated for the demo. (I was pretty proud of myself - I've been letting my hubby negotiate and make large purchases for us since we got married 25 years ago. He hasn't even seen a Street Triple upclose in person. He's only seen pics. lol) The bike came by FedEx freight from their South Carolina warehouse. They unpacked her yesterday (why I got to see & take pics yesterday) and will finish setting her up today. :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
I love everything about the Street Triple except for that hideous exhaust!

How are the ergonomics compared to the FZ6?

I like the ergos. More upright than the FZ but not a lot. It's so weird riding. I'm use to the big fairing & windshield on my Sprint. With the Street you don't see anything in front of the instrument cluster. Looks like there isn't a front tire. lol.

The turn in is amazing. I was weaving back and forth riding it home. Hubby was laughing at me.

BTW- I love the exhaust. Sounds throaty to me.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Never seen a street triple before, it's pretty goofy looking in the front (no offense) lol

Enjoy them both though!

Yeah, not a huge fan of the front end. I'm getting a fly screen soon and windshield. It makes it look better.

BUT it handles beautifully and I like the exhaust sound. The bike I demo'd was amazing in the twisties. Easy turn in corners at higher speeds than I do on my Sprint or than I did on my FZ6.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
:cheer:This is the pic of me just before I rode it home from the dealer.:cheer

View attachment 56297

My hubby hurried home from work (3 hour drive today) to jump on his bike to ride home with me. He hadn't looked at a Street Triple R before. heehee
I purchased the bike without him seeing it. First time I bought something large without him. I'm still nervous about it and it's sitting in my garage. lol

Might ride it to school on tomorrow but I'm afraid I might just keep riding so I can get past the break in period. It's gonna kill me. Nothing over 5k rpm's for first 100 miles... what??? It was all I could do not to wring the throttle coming home. lol Good thing my hubby was riding in front of me on his 919 (his first ride on it) to keep me slow. lol

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bikes! 2 bikes per rider is ideal as long as they are completely different styles. 2 sport bikes or 2 cruisers for one rider is a bit ridiculous though. :thumbup:

Our bikes:
1986 Honda VFR750 (vintage sport)
2005 Honda VFR800 (sport tourer)
2007 Honda 919 (naked)
2009 Honda CRF250 (dirt bike)
2005 Suzuki SV650s (sportbike)
2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 (sport tourer)
2014 Triumph Street Triple R (naked)

I think it's a good mix of bikes.
No cruisers....:Flip:

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, not a huge fan of the front end. I'm getting a fly screen soon and windshield. It makes it look better.

BUT it handles beautifully and I like the exhaust sound. The bike I demo'd was amazing in the twisties. Easy turn in corners at higher speeds than I do on my Sprint or than I did on my FZ6.
Well function always beats form for me, if it stands out that's cool all it's own. It's just so...unusually bugeye'd lol

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Our bikes:
1986 Honda VFR750 (vintage sport)
2005 Honda VFR800 (sport tourer)
2007 Honda 919 (naked)
2009 Honda CRF250 (dirt bike)
2005 Suzuki SV650s (sportbike)
2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 (sport tourer)
2014 Triumph Street Triple R (naked)

I think it's a good mix of bikes.
No cruisers....:Flip:

Give it a few years. You'll eventually have a cruiser in the mix unless you never do long trips or have joints and spines made of kevlar. :rolleyes:

mjesenovec

Reaction score
Visit site
I love the Street Triple R. It's my dream "next bike" for sure, as long as I choose to stick with sport bikes. The gray/red is my favorite color scheme, but I'd be hard pressed to turn down a white/red one. Such beautiful machines!

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
I love the Street Triple R. It's my dream "next bike" for sure, as long as I choose to stick with sport bikes. The gray/red is my favorite color scheme, but I'd be hard pressed to turn down a white/red one. Such beautiful machines!

I waited 6 weeks to get the "graphite", red, black, one. They had a white,black one but I just didn't like it as much. I decided this will probably be my one and only brand new bike so I was getting what I wanted.

I still can't believe the hubby agreed to a brand new one. heehee