Two New bikes in the Garage - tomorrow

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
I want to be your garage.. The amount of Brraaaaapp! in there is most holy to me.. Blah

Yeah, it's pretty sweet! A neighbor came by yesterday to check out my new bike (he doesn't ride). He noticed we have a lot of bikes now. My hubby said "at least they aren't Harleys". He laughed.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Give it a few years. You'll eventually have a cruiser in the mix unless you never do long trips or have joints and spines made of kevlar. :rolleyes:

We did 2100+ miles last summer in 8 days. Does that count as a long ride? We were on the '05VFR80 & 06 Sprint. LOVED every minute of it. Never got tired or uncomfortable. Did a couple of 9+ hour days too.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
We did 2100+ miles last summer in 8 days. Does that count as a long ride? We were on the '05VFR80 & 06 Sprint. LOVED every minute of it. Never got tired or uncomfortable. Did a couple of 9+ hour days too.

That is what I'm talking about! You are either in your 20's or eat right and work out daily if you are older. ;) I'm 36 and there's no way I would take a trip on a bike like the FZ6 over 500 miles. My knees and back can't do it anymore. :(

mjesenovec

Reaction score
Visit site
I waited 6 weeks to get the "graphite", red, black, one. They had a white,black one but I just didn't like it as much. I decided this will probably be my one and only brand new bike so I was getting what I wanted.

I still can't believe the hubby agreed to a brand new one. heehee

Sweet!

There's a dealer about an hour north of me that has a 2014 Gray Triple R, used with 2300 miles on it for $7999. If I were in a position to upgrade, I would jump on this in a heartbeat.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
That is what I'm talking about! You are either in your 20's or eat right and work out daily if you are older. ;) I'm 36 and there's no way I would take a trip on a bike like the FZ6 over 500 miles. My knees and back can't do it anymore. :(

hahahahahahah

We are 48 years young. Eat Ok, and drink whenever we can. lol seriously, I work out at the gym as often as I can. F*@&ing work gets in the way at times.

The longest I did on my FZ6 in one day was 9 hours on the stock seat. At 8 hours I hit the wall and was done but I we weren't home so on we road. We started stopping frequently. lol

On my Sprint, my knees start hurting about 7-8 hours in. I just stretch out whenever we stop or as it is safe as we ride along.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm up to 182 miles on my Street Triple. Riding my Sprint this weekend though because I'm doing a track day next weekend on the Sprint and need to remember how to ride it. lol Also, hubbie adjusted the suspension for track and I need to get some seat time on it before the track day.

Anyone going to be at Thunderhill in Corning, CA April 25?