Northeast FZ6 Meet - Aug 23rd 2008

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Northeast FZ6 Meet - Interested?

Man, I am jealous...I'll think about you guys while I am in Aspen...

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site

Now that I'm paying attention - I'll have to check and see if I can get a day pass for this. They're hard to come by but would be good to stretch the riding legs/seat with an all-day stint. I'd likely have to skip the camping/accommodations and just ride up and back on the day of.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Now that I'm paying attention - I'll have to check and see if I can get a day pass for this. They're hard to come by but would be good to stretch the riding legs/seat with an all-day stint. I'd likely have to skip the camping/accommodations and just ride up and back on the day of.

You're close enough to do this. Perhaps you can catch up with Boo and her Husband and ride up with them? We'd really like to see you there! Please let us know.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

day pass? from work or from wife? either way it is for the weekend for some and women are invited too.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site

day pass? from work or from wife? either way it is for the weekend for some and women are invited too.

From helping out with the baby - a whole day off without feeding/changing etc duties is a precious thing around here. Heck I already get 5-days a week off to go to the office.;)

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

From helping out with the baby - a whole day off without feeding/changing etc duties is a precious thing around here. Heck I already get 5-days a week off to go to the office.;)

Offer to send her to a spa for the day you're not riding! ;)

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I always preferred the " I can't breastfeed but you can" excuse...;)

eagle1909

The EAgle
Reaction score
Visit site

I am looking into trying to meet you guys for that ride, and things are looking good. Just wondering if anyone else from the Binghamton, NY area is interested in trying to make it up there for the ride. If anyone is planning on attending, let me know, and we can all meet somewhere and ride up together. Also we might be able to get a camp site figured out for all of us. So let me know.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site

I always preferred the " I can't breastfeed but you can" excuse...;)

We're past that excuse but it did get me quite a bit more nighttime sleep in the beginning - the spa might work but I just used that one a couple of weeks ago for something else and I need to build credits for a 5-day fall ride with my regular crowd....argh. It'll prolly work out in the end - it'll just cost me.

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I would need a Conway arrival time preferably one where we can take a rest too. It is about 3.5 hours for us. Be happy to meet up with bcityroller.. but I am not a morning person LOL

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I would need a Conway arrival time preferably one where we can take a rest too. It is about 3.5 hours for us. Be happy to meet up with bcityroller.. but I am not a morning person LOL

If we start at 8am in Lincoln and head toward Conway, it's about an hour but we'll be taking some scenic stops along the way, I figure about 10 - 15 minutes per stop and likely 6 to 10 of them. So... we should hit the 16/133 split at about 10:30am at the latest. That means you'll be leaving home at about 7am??? ;) :D

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

BTW, the OP has been updated again with the route as well as the start time and address. I've also put in the links for places to stay.

We're fast approaching 20 bikes for this trip. It's shaping up to be a beautiful White Mtns trip and I really hope that you can all make it. I'm also hoping we have our typical dry weather for August as well.

Please read the OP and let me know if your name isn't on the list and you will absolutely be attending. Also, please let me know if you are bringing other bikers who are not forum members so I may add their names to the list.

Thanks all! Ride safe!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Man, I am jealous...I'll think about you guys while I am in Aspen...

Really wish you could have come along Dani but Aspen isn't such a bad reason! We'll have more rides... PROMISE!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

there are 2-3 other FZ's on my local forum that i am trying to get over here, I'll PM them this link.

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

If we start at 8am in Lincoln and head toward Conway, it's about an hour but we'll be taking some scenic stops along the way, I figure about 10 - 15 minutes per stop and likely 6 to 10 of them. So... we should hit the 16/133 split at about 10:30am at the latest. That means you'll be leaving home at about 7am??? ;) :D

Phew that's doable, I was thinking I was going to have to leave at 5am :eek:

Thanks, now to make the other family arrangements.. the dogs, the cats.. the Kids.. yes yes 18 & 16 should be fine... but you know how it is. 2 handsome boys alone overnight... girls always calling.. wow thank god I don't have daughters and it would be the other way around.. hehe

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Phew that's doable, I was thinking I was going to have to leave at 5am :eek:

Thanks, now to make the other family arrangements.. the dogs, the cats.. the Kids.. yes yes 18 & 16 should be fine... but you know how it is. 2 handsome boys alone overnight... girls always calling.. wow thank god I don't have daughters and it would be the other way around.. hehe

Excellent! So, what's the list of people coming with you? I'll update the OP with the names. We're very glad you can make it! Thanks Deb!

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

If we can work out all of the house/pet/kid watching will be:

Josh - My husband (ZZR1200)

Brian (RIII) & Carol(Honda VTX1300)-they still need to get back to me but they sound like they really want to go, I should have an answer soon :)

Deb