Northeast FZ6 Meet - Aug 23rd 2008

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Northeast FZ6 Meet - Interested?

Let's get something rolling, guys! August is best for me, as I won't have to work or have school that month, but I can do pretty much any weekend, as long as it isn't a race weekend. Just a warning, though, if we do a get together before August, I might be doing homework on pit stops :)

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site

I may be up to it, though not much of a camper/hiker. I'd also be interested in a day's ride with a stop over for lunch. The 100 mile scenic loop sounds great!
Dani

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I'm getting pretty excited about this, the NE crew is getting fairly large.

I saw an 04-06 FZ last week riding and was wondering if it was one of you guys. pondrat maybe? i think most of us have the newer style...

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site

Yeah, I saw a couple...I see one blue parked on Boylston often and also I saw a guy a motomart in Acton on Sat. I was told that he went cross country in it. It looks like a FZ6S1 model. He was busy talking to another guy and I needed to leave, so didn't talk to him.
Dani

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I'm up for anything. planning something short notice is tough for me because I usually work around my son's schedule and whatever time is left is mine. A weekend camping trip sounds good to me. I don't care about temperature too much, but I'd probably bail if the weekend looks like heavy rain both days. In the meantime, anytime anyone wants to ride, keep asking and I hope to meet more of you guys/girls soon.

I have one of those fliers that you can pick up at NH rest stops, it claims to be the most scenic 100 miles in NH and I believe it was a loop, anyone interested or familiar with it?

Can you scan it to PDF and attach it here for us to have a look? Thanks!!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I'm getting pretty excited about this, the NE crew is getting fairly large.

I saw an 04-06 FZ last week riding and was wondering if it was one of you guys. pondrat maybe? i think most of us have the newer style...

Silver (04/05) or black(06) frame?

Lets start planning on an August run. What weekends are we available? August is wide open for me. We don't have any plans yet. If we can nail it down now, more people will be able to plan and make it.

Started a poll for the dates: Plan on a Saturday ride with the Sunday as the rain date on the same weekend.

Thanks all!! :D

*EDIT* Also wanted to throw in that this will be a controlled ride with a designated leader and sweeper. Breakouts from the pack will be asked to not participate for the remainder of the ride. We will likely have several 1st-time group riders with this trip and safety is the absolute 1st!!!

Last edited:

ADK2OBX

Reaction score
Visit site

Count me in. A meet in the Northeast sounds great..have to look at the work schedule and figure it out...Was thinking of posting an invite for a ride out my way sometime. A tour through the Adirondacks some weekend.. Been to New Hampshire a couple times went to Laconia bike week.. the best part was the ride.. loved it.....

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

the one i saw was blue with a silver frame.

Good idea with the safety ride announcement.. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Andyjo

Reaction score
Visit site

+1 on the safety announcement, nothing worse than out of control squids on a bike trip ;)
There was an older style fz6 in the shop at billerica motorsports when i dropped mine off for service back on friday, anyone's?

I think if we're smart enough we could plan the legs so people could join as we go... for those of you who aren't into camping. I dunno about everyone, but i'd start riding on friday to make it a long weekend :thumbup:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

not a PDF, but the best I could do

That's nearly the same ride I was going to propose. The only difference being a bit longer by leaving Conway and heading toward Pinkham Notch with a possible run up Mt. Washington if it isn't too windy. Excellent choice!

I'll second this trip. Do we have any other takers?

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Count me in. A meet in the Northeast sounds great..have to look at the work schedule and figure it out...Was thinking of posting an invite for a ride out my way sometime. A tour through the Adirondacks some weekend.. Been to New Hampshire a couple times went to Laconia bike week.. the best part was the ride.. loved it.....

I'd be up for an Adirondacks trip sometime! We did a Catskills meet last year and it was great! Early Sept?

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

+1 on the safety announcement, nothing worse than out of control squids on a bike trip ;)

I think if we're smart enough we could plan the legs so people could join as we go... for those of you who aren't into camping. I dunno about everyone, but i'd start riding on friday to make it a long weekend :thumbup:

Even being this close, I wouldn't mind camping out with a bunch of us for Friday/Saturday. Those closer can maybe make a run to Mt. Washington if we don't make it Saturday and provided Saturday isn't a washout!

My wife will be along for the trip as well on her cruiser. She likes camping as well.

*EDIT* I've updated the OP with some edits and will continue to do so as we finalize details.

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

those routes all sound great, would the camping be only for Friday or would it be Sat night as well? i would prefer to not ride with everything strapped to the bike on such a long ride on Saturday, but would not know where to put it unless we kept it set up and slept there sat night too.

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site

I'm up for the trip. I'll need to talk to my wife about the dates - right now those weekends in the middle of August look good. Again, I'd rather go for a long day ride or if it is a camping trip, I may split and come back before the sun sets.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

those routes all sound great, would the camping be only for Friday or would it be Sat night as well? i would prefer to not ride with everything strapped to the bike on such a long ride on Saturday, but would not know where to put it unless we kept it set up and slept there sat night too.

If I camp, I'd do it for both nights... you're right about having to ride with all the gear loaded up. That wouldn't be a lot of fun! Any thoughts on good places to camp at up that way?

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I'm up for the trip. I'll need to talk to my wife about the dates - right now those weekends in the middle of August look good. Again, I'd rather go for a long day ride or if it is a camping trip, I may split and come back before the sun sets.

We'd be happy to have you there either way! Keep us informed of your intentions, ok? :thumbup:

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site

If I camp, I'd do it for both nights... you're right about having to ride with all the gear loaded up. That wouldn't be a lot of fun! Any thoughts on good places to camp at up that way?

My thoughts exactly.

I have stayed at eastern slope before, it's close to where we want to be, and a nice place.

Pine Knoll is also close, not as nice, but I was there during bike wek, and I believe they had no problems with bikes. I have seen some campgrounds exclude motorcycles

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site

I just noticed you guys talking about camping. If I were coming on my
XR650L I'd be in for the adventure. On the FZ I'll camp out at the local Motel 6.:)

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Updated OP. Please re-read as we have questions that need answers so I can continue to update. Shaping up to be a great weekend!