Northeast FZ6 Meet - Aug 23rd 2008

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Northeast FZ6 Meet - Interested?

We plan on camping that weekend as well, so please add us to the camping total. If you can get anything arranged, or even if you just want some sort of deposit, we can bring it to the covered bridge ride if that helps, I can't wait for either one of these rides :cheer:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

We plan on camping that weekend as well, so please add us to the camping total. If you can get anything arranged, or even if you just want some sort of deposit, we can bring it to the covered bridge ride if that helps, I can't wait for either one of these rides :cheer:

I've updated the OP so you and the Mrs are all set. Thanks!!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I've updated the OP so you and the Mrs are all set. Thanks!!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I like the Pine Knoll Campground. Looks better than the second one! Plus, it's easy to get to and close to where we want to begin and end the ride!

Check out Pine Knoll Camp Ground home which I believe Reiobard has linked us to? Great prices too! I think a call to see if we can double tent on the sites might be in order... It would be $45 per foursome for a site.

Questions for them: Are there "X" sites available next to each other that weekend? Can we park our bikes next to our tents?

Thanks!!!

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site

It looks like I may not be able to go to this. :(
I found out I get to go to a cool conference in Aspen from 8/20-8/23, so I probably won't be back in time. I definitely plan on going on the covered bridge ride.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

It looks like I may not be able to go to this. :(
I found out I get to go to a cool conference in Aspen from 8/20-8/23, so I probably won't be back in time. I definitely plan on going on the covered bridge ride.

Bummer Dani! But :thumbup: if you can make the covered bridge tour!

Trading a trip to Aspen for the ride? Not a bad trade at all! :D

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I like the Pine Knoll Campground. Looks better than the second one! Plus, it's easy to get to and close to where we want to begin and end the ride!

Check out Pine Knoll Camp Ground home which I believe Reiobard has linked us to? Great prices too! I think a call to see if we can double tent on the sites might be in order... It would be $45 per foursome for a site.

Questions for them: Are there "X" sites available next to each other that weekend? Can we park our bikes next to our tents?

Thanks!!!

Pine Knoll Campground

Rates

Daily Rates Per Night 2 Adults - 3 Children
Tent Sites $25.00
Motor Home or Trailer Sites $30.00
Beach Front Sites $32.00

********All Sites Include Water and Electricity********

Extra Charges
Extra Adult (16 years & up) $10.00
Extra Children (5 years - 15 years) $2.00
Extra Tent on Site $10.00

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Pine Knoll Campground

Rates

Daily Rates Per Night 2 Adults - 3 Children
Tent Sites $25.00
Motor Home or Trailer Sites $30.00
Beach Front Sites $32.00

********All Sites Include Water and Electricity********

Extra Charges
Extra Adult (16 years & up) $10.00
Extra Children (5 years - 15 years) $2.00
Extra Tent on Site $10.00

So, I was incorrect? 4 adults on a site with two tents = $55.00 per night, correct? So, it would be, for two nights total, $55 per couple for the weekend! Not bad!!!

Last edited:

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

That site looks nice like you said. I hope we can go, not sure what we have for camping gear, so not sure what we will do about that. How cold at night does it get? I know we will need a sleeping bag.I think our son has 2 tents.. not sure what shape they are in but we will check them out. Hey, are there any bears in the mountains of NH? ? ?

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

That site looks nice like you said. I hope we can go, not sure what we have for camping gear, so not sure what we will do about that. How cold at night does it get? I know we will need a sleeping bag.I think our son has 2 tents.. not sure what shape they are in but we will check them out. Hey, are there any bears in the mountains of NH? ? ?

That time of the year is quite warm at night. It will likely be 65+ so very warm for sleeping. My wife and I will have two "summer" sleeping bags that we zip together to make a single bed for us. I don't think any bears come into camp grounds like this but it is remotely possible. More likely to see a skunk, porcupine or raccoon.

Best to keep food in a small cooler with a couple bungies wrapped around it, then hang it at least 5' off the ground. Don't leave it in the tent. :D

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

this sounds pretty cool. depending on where the final location is (I don't think I saw it), i would love to join. It'ld be a great escap before the semester starts

should be in norther NH area, you are more than welcome to come along!!!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

We will be starting in the Lincoln, NH area, head east through the Kancamagus to Conway, north on 16 to Mt Washington and weather permitting, up to the summit and back down, then up to Rte 2, over to Owl's Head to catch 115 down to 3 and then on to 302 for some of the best overlooks NH has to offer. I'll work on the final map with the scenic stops and post in the next week.

Hope to see you there!

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Meeting Place will be Munce's Konvenience, 36 Main St., Lincoln, NH. We'll be posting some places to stay/camp in the next couple days.

Here's the route map for this trip. We're looking at almost 4 hours of riding with lunch in Gorham and dinner in North Conway. Many stops along the way for scenic overviews, rests, etc... After a trial run, I may refine the route, maybe even shorten it based on the number of stops. Please let me know your thoughts. Ambitious trip so bring your Iron Butt!

from:36 Main St, Lincoln, NH 03251 (Munce's Konvenience) to:Conway, NH to:RT-16/White Mountain Hwy @44.111066, -71.179454 to:Mt Washington Auto Rd @44.289279, -71.227458 to:Mt Washington Auto Rd @44.270024, -71.302532 to:US-2 @44.388052, -71.1730

AS stated, we'll end up in back in North Conway and have dinner here. Muddy Moose Resturant and Pub - North Conway, NH This is where we part ways. At least four of us will be headed back through the Kancamangus to Lincoln and others are welcome to continue this ride with us especially if you've camped out over there!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

:cheer: OP is updated!!!! :cheer: Please re-read!!! :cheer:
:wav: :wav:

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I love the Muddy Moose... wondering if it wouldn't make more sense for me to meet in Conway.. Where specifically is that stop, if you have one ?

gforce2002

Reaction score
Visit site

Wow, I would love to go on that and I will actually be in the area that weekend, however I'll be volunteering with the AMC up at Madison Hut in the Northern Presidentials. I'll keep an ear out for the buzz of those FZ6's as they pass Appalachia on Rte 2, though!!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I love the Muddy Moose... wondering if it wouldn't make more sense for me to meet in Conway.. Where specifically is that stop, if you have one ?

No place in particular yet but we can arrange that! During our test runs, I'll be getting the eact locations of the places to stop and attractions we'll try to visit along this route.

If you're coming up from south of Boston, it may be best to stay on 93 which will take you right to Lincoln. If you want to get to Conway, Rte 16 can be a long trip expecially when it turns to two lane.

Try a Google Map and see where each one takes you and the time involved. The Kancamangus is going to be about half the morning. Then we zip right to the Mt. Washington Auto Road. Perhaps meet there is 93 isn't attractive?

So, this means you're definitely coming??? :cheer::cheer::cheer:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Wow, I would love to go on that and I will actually be in the area that weekend, however I'll be volunteering with the AMC up at Madison Hut in the Northern Presidentials. I'll keep an ear out for the buzz of those FZ6's as they pass Appalachia on Rte 2, though!!

We'll all try and give a big RPM rev as we pass! Keira will drown us all out though. ;)

Wish you could make the trip!

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

No place in particular yet but we can arrange that! During our test runs, I'll be getting the eact locations of the places to stop and attractions we'll try to visit along this route.

If you're coming up from south of Boston, it may be best to stay on 93 which will take you right to Lincoln. If you want to get to Conway, Rte 16 can be a long trip expecially when it turns to two lane.

Try a Google Map and see where each one takes you and the time involved. The Kancamangus is going to be about half the morning. Then we zip right to the Mt. Washington Auto Road. Perhaps meet there is 93 isn't attractive?

So, this means you're definitely coming??? :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Hopefully we will be able to. I will PM you what our directions directly to Conway would be.