NEED to choose a boot ASAP

nksmfamjp

Reaction score
Visit site

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
The Cortechs look like a good waterproof choice in your price range but the protection won't be as good as a real road race boot. Same comment on the Diadoras. I'd pass on the other two.

nksmfamjp

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks. I should probably clarify my use some.

I'm a fairly experienced rider. . .5 years on a 1999 Honda Shadow Aero 1100 and 2 years in Japan on a Honda Dio 50cc scooter.

I have had the MSF beginner course and have had my license for about 8 years.

This time I decided to step up the speed a bit and get a Yamaha FZ6, but I'm not the most aggressive FZ6 rider. I am trying to step this up some, but will be keeping the front wheel on the ground for a while. I also probably won't be lowsiding in a You Tube video either any time soon.

So, I would describe my use as sport touring/sport commuting. In either case, I won't be pushing the bike super hard, but I will be pushing myself a little more each time. I would like boots comfortable enough to stop at Walmart and pick something up, go to dinner or a short off bike hike to the hotel or potty.

My previous boots were Konime WP short boots. I like them, but the fit is not close enough to be good for much walking around and they are too short for riding on my FZ6. Bending my legs would cause air to come in my Komine suit.

So, I guess I'm just looking for a Sport Touring boot which is waterproof/breathable for under $150.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
*Warning...shameless plug* :D

If you wear an 11.5-12.5, I've got a pair of Sidi B-2 boots in the For Sale section that I'll make you a sweet deal on. :thumbup:

Seriously, I can't recommend Sidi or Alpinestars enough. The SMX-5 from A* would make a great touring boot, although they're a bit above your price range. I love my Sidi Vertigos and A* SMX-4's to death.

nksmfamjp

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks. I asked you a few questions, but if they aren't waterproof, I'm still looking. . .Too bad, they look great.

Probably have to pull the trigger first thing in the AM.

S

Shamus McFeeley

You might look at the alpinestars ridge waterproof boot. I just recently bought a new pair to replace my (2 year) old set. They are very reasonably priced and work great.

MC Superstore Link

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
$150 isn't a lot of money to spend on a waterproof boot. Remember, you get what you pay for. For a little more money, you can get a really decent boot without breaking the bank that will not only protect you in a crash, but be comfortable enough to walk around in and be water proof.

I've had a pair of these TCX's for over 5 years (back when they were Oxtar) and only now are they starting to wear out on me. This was almost 40k miles of riding in them.
TCX S-Zero Waterproof Boots :: MotorcycleGear.com

Another option that I am looking into for myself and have tried on several times in the store is a pair by Sidi
Sidi Fusion Rain Boots :: MotorcycleGear.com

Good luck on the hunt for the perfect boot.:thumbup:

nksmfamjp

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, as has been happening lately. I bought the size 46 since they were supposed to be equal to US 12, but they were about US 11.5.

So, back they go to exchange for 47!!! Urgh:(

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, as has been happening lately. I bought the size 46 since they were supposed to be equal to US 12, but they were about US 11.5.

So, back they go to exchange for 47!!! Urgh:(

The nice thing is though that the Euro sizing is much more standardized than our silly US sizing. So next time you need shoes/boots, you'll know you are a size 47 regardless of the brand.:thumbup:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not just shoes.

Clothing
US Size 0

AUS Size 6

VERY hard to buy things online, but there are quite a few sites now that at least have comparision tables :rockon:

nksmfamjp

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, replacements are on the way. I hope they fit!

This has derailed my trip plan, but some kind of ride will happen!

nksmfamjp

Reaction score
Visit site
Got the boots. Even in a 47, they are pretty tight, but this is actually a good thing. I like the tight fit for feeling the controls. They are breaking in nicely.