Missing Link - DID 50V4 (aka, I need chain advice)

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
So I bought a very gently used chain and sprocket set for my 2006. It's all in primo condition but it's missing a master link. I suspect this is because this style chain doesn't really have a master link so the chain had to be cut off of the original bike.

It's the DID 50V4 chain that the manual reccomends, but none of the local shops can figure out what link I need to buy for it.

Does anybody know the part number for this link?

Thanks!

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
I dug a little deeper into the DID website and found a reference to a 50(530)V chain. It seems that 50 and 530 are the same size chains so maybe Yamaha calls it 50V4 yet it's also known as 530V?

I guess I'll visit another Yammer shop..

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
I dug a little deeper into the DID website and found a reference to a 50(530)V chain. It seems that 50 and 530 are the same size chains so maybe Yamaha calls it 50V4 yet it's also known as 530V?

I guess I'll visit another Yammer shop..

^^ +1

Take a look at Motorcycle Superstore

They have all availble master links for DID 530 chains (x-ring, o-ring, high-strength o-ring, ...) and (I think) all the colours as well.

Grtz,

Degake

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Visit site
While browsing Motorcycle Superstore, I know I had seen a couple of masterlinks that you could purchase seperately. I guess this is a common issue? Plus, I think people screw up master link when trying to press/rivet it.