MD, DC, VA (northern) Riders...

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Culpeper, VA here.

Sad to see that no FZ6 Forums members posted from Central VA. You NoVA guys have no clue what real roads are unless you travel a good 1.5 hours west or southwest. :thumbup:

Bristow VA here...
I see concerts there (now Jiffy Lube Live) every year.

New guy here from Stafford, VA. Bought the bike a few months ago. Love it. Glad I upgraded from the Ninja 250.
Head west to Culpeper/Rappahannock county for some fun roads!

pacadermng67

Reaction score
Visit site
Culpeper, VA here.

Sad to see that no FZ6 Forums members posted from Central VA. You NoVA guys have no clue what real roads are unless you travel a good 1.5 hours west or southwest. :thumbup:

Dare I say the roads around Lexington VA just as good if not better? :D

Maybe there should be a ride VA rally.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Dare I say the roads around Lexington VA just as good if not better? :D

Maybe there should be a ride VA rally.

Lexington and points south off of I-81 are my old stomping grounds (Virginia Tech Alumni) :rockon: There are some awesome roads in Southwest, VA.

pacadermng67

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats pretty cool, I am just finishing up here at VMI. Any road suggestions? I have found some pretty good roads but looking to expand my horizons southward. For the most part I have been riding between VA 130 and VA56.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats pretty cool, I am just finishing up here at VMI. Any road suggestions? I have found some pretty good roads but looking to expand my horizons southward. For the most part I have been riding between VA 130 and VA56.

Sorry I missed this question.

I'm sure you've been on the Blue Ridge Parkway? If not you should...no traffic and very scenic, just don't speed too much...it is patrolled heavier on weekends.

there are some great country roads in the Smith Mountain Lake area to ride.

Also you are right next to GW national forest...Ever time I've been in that forest I find the roads are great for riding! :rockon:

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Let's give a little bump to this thread. :) I have been seeing couple of FZ6s on my way to work on I-395 inside the beltway. One late model what appear to be totally stock (with headlight out :) ) black one and one red pre-2007 with dual headlight and fender eliminator mod (with latest sighting this morning). Red one entered and exited the I-395 on same locations as me so we definitely live and work in the same neighborhood. Anybody on this forum? Oh, I was on a black fully faired touring FZ6 with Laser Quads.

ChurchWVU

Reaction score
Visit site
Just picked up a FZ6 in Morgantown WV. But I am currently working in Winchester VA. Good to see there are some FZ6's in the area!

pulverizer

Reaction score
Visit site
I am in the Takoma Park/Silver Spring area, and I commute up to BWI on my bike about 2-3 days a week depending on the weather

DavidG-757

Reaction score
Visit site
guess we didnt get that ride set up. i really want to do the blue ridge parkway next spring maybe? or fall? figure if we do the whole thing we can have people come and go as they please along the way. hit some camping spots somewhere or get off and get a hotel somewhere. but if we could get a big group going, it would be great. let that marinate for a few and get back to me haha