MD, DC, VA (northern) Riders...

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pair of FZ6 spotted...

I rarely see any FZ6s during my commute, but today, I caught up to two pre 07 FZ6s, one blue and one red, at the entrance to the I395 south HOV lanes around 5:10 PM. Both appeared to be stock with headlight out. ;)

It looked like 7 bikes merged on to the road right about the same time at that entrance which is always quite a mess because of the lane shift. Just curious one of the owners of the FZ6 is a member here.

maratik999

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey there. I am in Germantown, MD area. Just got my bike (06 FZ6 Naked) couple weeks ago. Finally got all my gear on Friday. Still very fresh on the bike.

Any FZ6 folk out there willing to "adopt a noob?" I saw dc sports bike does something similar where experienced riders show a noob the ropes.

First bike. License passed less then a month ago. Just been riding around the neighborhood practicing slow moving manuevers (u turns, etc). Some cornering, friction zone. Going fast in a strait line is easy. Its everything else that i need practice with.

Looking forward to hopefully finding some people to ride with. :Sport:

Ron P

Reaction score
Visit site
New FZ6 owner here. Bought mine 7/24 from Colgan Powersports in Manassas. I live in Fairfax by George Mason University.

pacadermng67

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey there. I am in Germantown, MD area. Just got my bike (06 FZ6 Naked) couple weeks ago. Finally got all my gear on Friday. Still very fresh on the bike.

Any FZ6 folk out there willing to "adopt a noob?" I saw dc sports bike does something similar where experienced riders show a noob the ropes.

First bike. License passed less then a month ago. Just been riding around the neighborhood practicing slow moving manuevers (u turns, etc). Some cornering, friction zone. Going fast in a strait line is easy. Its everything else that i need practice with.

Looking forward to hopefully finding some people to ride with. :Sport:

Hey there, I am sort of new myself. I am going to buy a FZ this weekend. I have ridden a XS1100 for a few years but still think of myself as sort of new. If you wanna ride just let me know and if I am around maybe we can link up.

jflores

Reaction score
Visit site
Western Maryland, In the mountains next to Deep Creek Lake. If you've never been over this way check it out sometime. Plenty of twisties and beautiful scenery. Just grab an atlas or your GPS and enjoy!

FrankieOC82

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

Anyone near the Woodbridge, VA area?

I'm near woodbridge! I live in Manassas, but have family in woodbridge, so I'm out there pretty frequently.

Do you know of some other pretty good roads around here?

I usually go west onto 55, Middleburg area roads, or maybe Shenandoah area and 211. But this weekend I went SE to the Prince William Forest area and found a crazy FUN road called Joplin. You should check it out if you haven't already:rockon:

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
Joplin. I'll have to check that out one day soon. I'm always doing stuff with my son (AAU basketball) lately. I've been really busy. If I'm lucky, I might get a chance before the weather turns.

I'm in Woodbridge (near Lakeridge area).

FrankieOC82

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! what roads in loudon do you ride? I'm looking for some new roads to tear up! I'm in Manassas, but have gone out to shenandoah and west virginia to ride, too

sleepymas

Reaction score
Visit site
just pull up google maps, and zoom in far enough to see the twists, there are a bunch of them. a popular one is lime kiln to snickersville then up to middleburg, turn right in downtown at a light, i forget street name, turn by the school and follow that road, turn off onto mountville and that loops you back to snickerville and then back down lime kiln. at least thats a normal weekend for me, there are many bikes on lime kiln and snickerville, just be cautious roads are narrow.:thumbup: