Made the top ten baby :D

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations David (great name,by the way...lol).

Your bike deserves to be there, and from all the sportsbikes I've seen in my life, my guess is that you'll take out #1. Great work getting there, and good luck making it to the track after the wedding.
Ride safe bro. (are you riding it there, or on the back of a truck???)

Good luck.

Dave. :thumbup:

Thank you very much!!

Well my problem right now is that I`ll go to the MotoGP with my step dad who will be visiting from France... so the plan originally was to fly up there in the morning and back after the race... the only way I`ll be able to get the bike up there is if we rent a bike for my step dad and ride to Laguna Seca together (I don`t own a trailer, and wouldn`t want to deal with that anyway... parking will be a #%$&#* up there). It's a 5h-6h ride though, so thats the main issue at this point... I have to confirm in the next couple of days.

The good news though is that I won a free moto parking pass with the tickets too... so while my bike is displayed in the Yamaha tent, my step dad could use the free pass... it would work out perfectly! Anyway, more news soon :cheer:

Last edited:

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations David
Your bike is definitely top notch and a credit to you. With all the time and effort you have put in you deserve to be the outright WINNER.:thumbup:

Good luck.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys, I appreciate the great feedback!

You are all talking like I worked so hard to make the bike what it is, but 1) it was not really work, it was just a lot fun, and 2) it is way easier than most of you guys think :) All I did was take the front fairing off (couple hours), make a bracket for the headlight, solder some wires (which isn`t even necessary if you keep the original connectors) and add a bellypan and seat cowl... if you have the parts (turn signals, mirrors, and a couple of handlebar clamps), almost anyone with a few basic mechanical skills and some tools can do it in 2 days :rockon::thumbup:

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
almost anyone with a few basic mechanical skills and some tools can do it in 2 days :rockon::thumbup:

That's quite true. The technical aspect of it isn't that complex.

What impresses me is your taste. So many people dress up their bikes and wind up with a totally ugly POS because they have no sense of style. You chose your parts well and made something that looks professional and stylish. Your bike (Version 2.0 is my favorite) could have come straight off a showroom floor.

Here's an example of a streetfighter gone wrong, just to illustrate my point.
What were they thinking?
01-010.jpg

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Top 10!

I think it's funny that you're going to show up with v3.0...congrats! Have they seen *before* pictures when the bike was blue and faired?

What impresses me is your taste. You chose your parts well and made something that looks professional and stylish.

+1 :thumbup:

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:, It is the best looking bike Ive seen, stands out from the rest, if your judged with the R6's they dont stand a chance. They all look the same. Your's on the other hand is a one of a kind! Good luck:thumbup:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats David! FZ6 Represent! w00t!

I wonder if they will notice at all? I think the newer 3.0 is better anyway!

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys, I appreciate the great feedback!

You are all talking like I worked so hard to make the bike what it is, but 1) it was not really work, it was just a lot fun, and 2) it is way easier than most of you guys think :) All I did was take the front fairing off (couple hours), make a bracket for the headlight, solder some wires (which isn`t even necessary if you keep the original connectors) and add a bellypan and seat cowl... if you have the parts (turn signals, mirrors, and a couple of handlebar clamps), almost anyone with a few basic mechanical skills and some tools can do it in 2 days :rockon::thumbup:

You did work hard. You loved doing it so maybe it didn't seem like a lot of work.. but you made the design choices and that bike looks incredible. Never discount what you did.. I mean this is the third one.. I guess you just will keep getting better ;) Good luck & take care,

Deb

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
That's quite true. The technical aspect of it isn't that complex.

What impresses me is your taste. So many people dress up their bikes and wind up with a totally ugly POS because they have no sense of style. You chose your parts well and made something that looks professional and stylish. Your bike (Version 2.0 is my favorite) could have come straight off a showroom floor.

Here's an example of a streetfighter gone wrong, just to illustrate my point.
What were they thinking?
01-010.jpg

Thank you!

I agree with you, even though to their defence, these guys usually wreck their bike and don`t want to spend a penny fixing it, so they get their hands on whatever works and run with it... the result is often less than impressive :) On the other hand, a lot of streetfighter fans will put a LOT of work (real work, like molding the plastics themselves, chopping the sub-frame, re-shaping their gas tank etc...etc...), time and $$$ on their ride, and it`ll still come out average looking... what strikes me a lot of the time is that they over do it... too much chrome, too much colors, too much crap, too much design...etc when they should actually try to minimize everything to bare minimum.
Anyway, they often don`t have a beautiful bike -like the FZ- to work with either, so they do what they can right?!!?! :D

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
I think it's funny that you're going to show up with v3.0...congrats! Have they seen *before* pictures when the bike was blue and faired?

Negative... they don`t know how the bike looked like when I bought it...

Basically from this (without the pipes.. and the side covers were blue) was how it looked like:

2160350404_7f26054db4_o.jpg

to this:

2574970252_b4c12920d3.jpg

it was quite a journey :D

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats David! FZ6 Represent! w00t!

I wonder if they will notice at all? I think the newer 3.0 is better anyway!

Me too! I don`t think they`ll notice... they`ll be too focused on the bike, to confirm it`s indeed a Yamaha LOL

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW...that's quite a transformation! Looks good & congratulations on the bike & But more important, your wedding on Saturday.
My best to both of you :blowkiss:
(does she ride?)