Made the top ten baby :D

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Made the top 10 baby :D

So following to this thread: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/5689-won-motogp-tickets.html where I managed to get in the top 100 bikes picked by Yamaha, I received another email from a publisher at 2Wheel Tuner Magazine telling me I was picked as one of the top ten overall :cheer::cheer::Sport::Sport::cheer::cheer:

Check it out!!!

Dear David,

Congratulations!

You and your custom 2006 FZ6 have been selected as one of the ten finalists in the Boz Bros 2008 Supersport Virtual Bike Show and U.S. MotoGP Contest!

As one of our ten finalists you are invited to bring your Supersport Bike to the Boz Brothers National Tour presented by Yamaha at the Redbull U.S. Grand Prix Laguna Seca, CA (July 18-20, 2008) to compete on-site for three different awards:

AWARDS: The following categories will be judged by the public and will receive the designated award:
Best Yamaha R6 – trophy
Best Yamaha R1 – trophy
Best Yamaha Supersport Amateur Builder (R6 or R1) – trophy and photo shoot in 2Wheel Tuner magazine

As one of the top 200 winners of the Virtual on line bike show, you are receiving two (2) tickets to the U.S. Grand Prix Laguna Seca race (July 18 – 20 2008), plus bike parking tickets.

If you wish to attend the on-site bike competition, you are responsible for the transportation of yourself and your bike, and any and all associated costs to the U.S. Grand Prix event. You will receive your U.S. Grand Prix tickets and parking tickets via mail prior to the race.

If you accept our invitation, you will be required to adhere to the following schedule:

Redbull U.S. Grand Prix Laguna Seca Schedule

Move In:
Thursday, July 17, 2008
8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Move Out:
Sunday, July 20, 2008
6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

You will be required to leave your Yamaha Supersport Bike under the Boz Bros Bike Show judging tent throughout the duration of the race weekend. Supersport Bikes will not be allowed to be moved from under the tent during the race weekend. Supersport Bikes removed from the judging tent during the race weekend will be immediately disqualified from the Boz Bros National Tour competition. You are asked to bring detailing supplies to the Bike Show and to attend the tent at least three times a day to ensure your Supersport Bike is clean. If you do not return to the tent members of the Boz Bros National Tour and/or Yamaha staff will clean your Supersport Bike in your absence. You may not bring any additional props, posters, banners, or trophies to the tent. Signage for the bikes will be provided in advance of the event. Absolutely no alcohol inside the tent.

Supersport Bikes will be judged by public vote and ballot. All ballots will be counted on site no fewer than two times by Boz Bros Bike Show National Tour Staff. Entrants receiving the most number of public votes in each category will be designated the winner and will be notified prior to 12:00 p.m. on Sunda July 20. If you are selected as a winner, you must be present at the designated award ceremony time to receive your trophy. Should the winner not be present to receive their trophy, the second runner up will be announced and so on. Finalists participating in the Boz Bros Bike Show National Tour are not eligible to participate in voting.

If you wish to accept this invitation, please contact us by end of day Tuesday July 1st. You can reach us via email ******@2wtmag.com or via telephone 714-513-****.

If we do NOT hear from you by end of day Tuesday, July 1st, we will assume you do not wish to attend and move on to the next candidate.

Congratulations and see you at the Show!!!!

Thanks!

Sarah *******

Publisher

2Wheel Tuner Magazine

Advanstar Communications

201 Sandpointe Avenue, STE 600

Santa Ana, CA 92707-8700

P: 714-513-****

F: 714-513-****

C: 714-718-****

2Wheel Tuner Magazine-Custom Sportbike-Custom Streetfighter-Custom Motorcycle Magazine-Sportbike Magazine-Superbike Magazine-Models-Photos-Video-Advertising-Motorbike Magazine-Motorcycle Stunts-Drag Racing

Is that cool or what? :D
Now I need to figure out a way to ride up there the Sunday am after my wedding ceremony (on Saturday lol).............. it`ll be tough, but I think I am going to do it!

This is the pic who made it happen for me btw:

2337696179_be517d2102_b.jpg

Last edited:
J

jsteinb95

That is way awesome, David!!!! Congrats. :thumbup:

That was your bike before you crashed it, right?

S

sportrider

I loved that front end. congrats on the award (and it is an award!!!):rockon: :thumbup:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
That is way awesome, David!!!! Congrats. :thumbup:

That was your bike before you crashed it, right?

Thank you! :D

Yes, that was V2.0 :rockon: before I crashed it... they don`t know that though, so if I do ride up there, it`ll be V3.0 with the new headlight and bellypan... if they notice I`ll just tell them the story hehe

Keep your fingers crossed that I win that featured article!!!

cashcrzzy

Meandering Member
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
W T G your bike is sweet and deserves a 1 st place trophy !!!! Congratulations

Your First Married Fight Will Be Well Worth It . Good Luck To Ya LOL :welcome: To The End Of Your Life As You Knew It LoL

Greg A .

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats :thumbup:! Do they even know its a FZ6? lol...I only see R1 and R6 categories listed. But i hope you win if you go out there :Sport:

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats!!! I mentioned to ADMIN the other day that I thought your bike was one of the dopest on the site. I guess I do have taste ;) Beautiful bike and :cheer:GOOD LUCK:cheer:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats David! All of your hard work has paid off. :thumbup:

Gigot2000

L'Bon Dieu Amen
Reaction score
Visit site
Gratz! That pic was and still is the greatest of the bunch.
No wonder we're seeing more and more questions about naked fizzer now... Maybe Yamaha won't wait anymore for a US naked version.
We have a winner!!! :thumbup:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's great David!

If the final judging is based on Intranetz input, make sure to let us know!

H

HavBlue

See, you don't need a 120,000 F4CC to turn heads and win a contest. Good luck X...

Charlie

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
W T G your bike is sweet and deserves a 1 st place trophy !!!! Congratulations

Your First Married Fight Will Be Well Worth It . Good Luck To Ya LOL :welcome: To The End Of Your Life As You Knew It LoL

Greg A .

Thank you :)

I`ve been married since 2-5-07 legally, but because of a surprise baby due date, we had to cancel the original ceremony and move it out a year (logistics were difficult with familly coming from Europe and all), so I am used to the married life already :D so far so good! :thumbup:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats :thumbup:! Do they even know its a FZ6? lol...I only see R1 and R6 categories listed. But i hope you win if you go out there :Sport:

lol they do mention FZ6 in the email, but I was laughing when I saw the trophy categories too... I guess they`re not used to picking FZ6s haha we`ll see what happens... to tell you the truth, just the fact to have been picked in the top 10 out of the hundreds of bike makes me happy... I don`t expect to win anything more :)

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! Hard work pays off in the end eh? I sensed this was coming to ya, sooner or later. Cheers :cheer:

Last edited:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
we`ll see what happens... to tell you the truth, just the fact to have been picked in the top 10 out of the hundreds of bike makes me happy... I don`t expect to win anything more :)

Congratulations David (great name,by the way...lol).

Your bike deserves to be there, and from all the sportsbikes I've seen in my life, my guess is that you'll take out #1. Great work getting there, and good luck making it to the track after the wedding.
Ride safe bro. (are you riding it there, or on the back of a truck???)

Good luck.

Dave. :thumbup: