Lubing rear axle and bearing?

2wheelieadv

Reaction score
Visit site
When I took the rear wheel off to replace the tire, I took the spacers off and on the left side (sprocket side) I noticed an open bearing. Nothing was greased and it made me wonder if I need to grease up these parts when putting all back together. Maybe not so much for the spacers and axle, but maybe at least the bearing itself?

I just checked the service manual, and they say to grease it all with white lithium soap.

Bearings, axle, oil seals, they grease it all!

i always grease them when I take the wheel off

bearings will probably explode if left ungreased, and the axle might end up corroded in place

Where is this needle bearing? I replace both tires on my FZ6 last fall and only saw the sealed bearings on each end of the hub. Is the needle bearing internal?

Anyone??? I looked at a diagram in the service manual but cannot figure out where the needle bearing is located. I did not take off the sprocket or damper so is it under there?

Anyone??? I looked at a diagram in the service manual but cannot figure out where the needle bearing is located. I did not take off the sprocket or damper so is it under there?

Yes, you have to pull the hub and sprocket away from the wheel. Then you see this:
52235d1393972032-needle-bearing-removel-img_20130817_100802_688.jpg

From: http://www.600riders.com/forum/garage-mechanical-help/52142-needle-bearing-removel.html#post574172

Back