Lubing rear axle and bearing?

2wheelieadv

Reaction score
Visit site
When I took the rear wheel off to replace the tire, I took the spacers off and on the left side (sprocket side) I noticed an open bearing. Nothing was greased and it made me wonder if I need to grease up these parts when putting all back together. Maybe not so much for the spacers and axle, but maybe at least the bearing itself?

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
I just checked the service manual, and they say to grease it all with white lithium soap.

Bearings, axle, oil seals, they grease it all!

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i always grease them when I take the wheel off

bearings will probably explode if left ungreased, and the axle might end up corroded in place

jczlsr

Reaction score
Visit site
Where is this needle bearing? I replace both tires on my FZ6 last fall and only saw the sealed bearings on each end of the hub. Is the needle bearing internal?

jczlsr

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone??? I looked at a diagram in the service manual but cannot figure out where the needle bearing is located. I did not take off the sprocket or damper so is it under there?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone??? I looked at a diagram in the service manual but cannot figure out where the needle bearing is located. I did not take off the sprocket or damper so is it under there?

Yes, you have to pull the hub and sprocket away from the wheel. Then you see this:
52235d1393972032-needle-bearing-removel-img_20130817_100802_688.jpg

From: http://www.600riders.com/forum/garage-mechanical-help/52142-needle-bearing-removel.html#post574172