LIDL UK - It's that time again

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering how good the lids were?

UK_57272_01_b.jpg

I can't see them listed in the SHARP database, but then I don't know who makes them really.:confused:

Actually I just found them, I think.

http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/testsratings/v-can-v210b

Last edited:

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I believe they have all the stickers on the back that means they have passed all the safety tests to be sold in the uk. And that sharp rating of 3 can not be too bad, I have seen arai and shoei helmets costing £500 with 3 stars. My mum got a Lidl helmet and says it's very comfortable.
I have a marushin tiger helmet, it got 5 stars in the sharp tests and I think it cost £89.

Senior

My brother is Junior
Reaction score
Visit site
If you are thinking of getting stuff, get there when the doors open, take a trolley, pick up what you want and try it on there . . . .

I've had gloves and rainsuit, and have been pleased with the quality and performance. Shame there's no back protectors this time as I'd buy a smaller one . . .

I tried the jacket and trousers last year, if they had fit me , I'd have got them, but they didn't (the jacket body fit but arms too short, or arms right length but then the body was MASSIVE) so didn't bother in the end. I'm not too far from a George White and they're dirt cheap anyway, so didn't need to compromise on fit . . . .

going to get some thermals (got some snow sport ones a while ago and they are fantastic, better than my other expensive "branded" ones) and socks this time

I've just had a look on SHARP and I think the helmet is either one of these . . . . (I might be wrong though)

SHARP Helmets - Viper RS V111
SHARP Helmets - Viper RS V121

DDS

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a Lidl tank bag which I've used for over 3 years now and its still going strong :thumbup:.
The Aldi is also selling motorbike gear shortly as well, ALDI - Thursday Special Buys 3rd March 2011

I'll be turning up to check out the tank bag, and maybe see how the backpack shapes up's

Many thanks to OP - reminder put in my diary :thumbup:

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
Bump as it starts tomorrow. Bloody angry as I'm in Paris and they may run out of the bits I wanted before I get back!

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
Aldi had motorcycle gear last week and some may still be in your local store- I got the bike jacket with armour, waterprrof, zip out lining and yellow dayglo/black colour scheme £40- I brought one

Plus they have good boots for £30 and waterproof trousers, padded socks and all manner of techie undergarments a lot cheaper than Lidl... I am not on commission you understand!

von_trippenhopf

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree, for £40 the Aldi jackets looked a bargain, the only reason I didn't get one was I couldn't figure out how I was going to explain to the wife why I needed ANOTHER jacket!! :(
I did buy one of their thermal tops though, as well as a 'Windstopper' shirt which looked worth the risk for a tenner.
Seems pretty good quality although I haven't worn it on the bike yet.
Now, how do I convince 'the other half' I need a Matt Black lid from Lidl .......

Last edited:

von_trippenhopf

Reaction score
Visit site
Went to Lidl today, would have bought a Matt Black helmet but even the XL wouldn't fit my massive head. :(
They did look pretty good quality for the money though.

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
I got some gloves and a tank-bag. Really happy with both. I also picked up a scooter, like a childs one, except it will take up to 15stone that's 100 kilos. It has huge wheels which makes it very fast. I like it nearly as much as my fz6. I have wanted one of these for riding home from my mates house after a night on the beers, but they are normally over £100 this one only cost £25.