Kinda sad eh?

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just surfing around, decided to see what the value would be for trading in for a differnet bike...not that I would, but have been cheking out the ZZR600. for some reason that bike appeals to me.

2006 Yamaha FZ6 Value Email
September 10, 2008
4-Cylinder
4-Stroke
600cc
Trade-In Value (Good Condition) $3585 Trade-in Value is what consumers can expect to receive from a dealer for a trade-in unit assuming an accurate appraisal of condition. This value will likely be less than you would receive from a private party sale because the reselling dealer incurs the cost of safety inspections, reconditioning and other costs of doing business. Trade-in values are based on clean units in good condition, with all original standard equipment. Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above.

Thanks Eric, I think a copy/paste may suffice, and no I'll be keeping mine for a while...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ooops! KBB won't let you link like that. Bummer!

Trade-in is always a last resort. Craig's List worked great for me!

Eric's don't drive other bikes! :thumbup:

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Private sale will net you possibly up to 2k more depening on when you sell it. The dealer will turn around and sell the bike for twice the resale because 'we inspected it and warranty it for 30 days'

mike62858

Reaction score
Visit site
Not just for this post,but some general advice:
I agree Craiglist is the way to go. I recently sold my boat (Some of the money went to buy the bike). I live in a shore area and there are always thousands of boats for sale. I've seen boats on the market for 2 years.
It sold in 3 weeks.(A 2003 26 ft Searay)
When I started looking for a bike I spent about 4 months EVERY DAY going through the ads in craigslist. So I saw lots of good and bad ads.

There are a few things that I consider crucial to selling anything.
1. Sell it while its still new enough that people actually want it and dont think its about to break down.
2. Take care of what you own.(Really #1).
3. Clean it up before you take pictures AND show it.(It doesnt matter if its a boat, bike or lawnmower...).I got comments from EVERYONE that looked, that it looked new in the pictures and in real life.
4.Price it to sell it. Thats what your trying to do, right? A good example of this is the gazzillions of Harlys for sale. Thats a bike that you have to price significantly below book value since there are so many.

One more thing that helped. I put a lot of good photos on my Picasa Web Album.
Just my 3 cents.

JohnP

3rd Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If I was going to buy a used bike I'd look in the following order:

1. Bike specific forum such as ours. You can usually find something out about the bike and seller in these forums.
2. Craigslist
3. Cycletrader
4. Local Stealers

I've sold two bikes and bought one on bike specific forums.

John

antijoy

Reaction score
Visit site
FMV (fair market value) is probably the better way to go for bikes. This will vary by location and demand.

The N.A.D.A. guides may also be better than KBB.

Used 2006 YAMAHA FZ6 prices, values, specs and options at NADAguides

My local dealer wouldn't accept less than $6k for a used 06 they had, they were asking more for it used than its original MSRP, based on what they claimed was its FMV. So I went for a new 08 and have been happy since.