Im Alive

Izzy

Reaction score
Visit site
Well thank you all for your support. It means alot to me. I feel screwed as it is, i dont want to get screwed by insurance and medical costs thats for sure. Im lucky my boss is a rider too, he is very understanding.

I just got a call from ins and they said it is a total loss. Im waiting for lawyer to call me back. I will get pics of bike and gear when i can and post them.

I think im gonna need a step for my lifted truck for awhile.

Taiwanese

Reaction score
Visit site
I am glad you are OK. Wish you a speedy recovery.

This proves again proper gear is VERY important. Please everyone you know to have good protective gear.

Be safe.

Izzy

Reaction score
Visit site
This proves again proper gear is VERY important. Please everyone you know to have good protective gear.

Be safe.

I love wearing my gear. wouldnt leave home without it. One thing i would add is a good back protector. Cause my back is killing me! Better take another pill.

Kilbane83

Member With Members
Reaction score
Visit site
Good job on atgatt man. Could have been alot worse without it. Glad to hear you made it out alive. It's crazy how much damage can be done even at low speeds. Heal up man and take it easy for awhile. :thumbup:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was waitng for that question.
I was wearing a shoei helmet
A* apex gloves
A* Gortex boots
FT XTI leather jacket with armour
FT xti h2o pants with knee armour
and clean underwear

I strongly suggest wearing gear all the time. my friends always have to wait for me to gear up. they will be patient for now on.

I thought about talking to a lawyer but i wasnt sure if i needed to. i guess i need to speak to someone with experience.

And clean underwear!!! Priceless!!!

Glad to hear you still can laugh a little about it. And I too am soooo happy to hear you are semi ok.......
(and +1 on the lawyer thing) Sounds like this girl is a bit aggressive behind the wheel. :spank:

Izzy

Reaction score
Visit site
And clean underwear!!! Priceless!!!

Glad to hear you still can laugh a little about it. And I too am soooo happy to hear you are semi ok.......
(and +1 on the lawyer thing) Sounds like this girl is a bit aggressive behind the wheel. :spank:

yeah it was 50 degrees out at 7am and was laying onthe street like a peeled leather banana. when they were pulling my gloves off they forgot to unstrap wrist velcro. that hurt! they also tried to pull my boots off like they were slip ons. i had to instruct them on how to open my boots. i think the emergency personnel were more nervous than i was. maybe they just didnt want to touch my bloody boot. i was in good spirits even when iwas in pain because i thought for sure i was going to die or be very seriously injured. I thank God for that.

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was waitng for that question.
I was wearing a shoei helmet
A* apex gloves
A* Gortex boots
FT XTI leather jacket with armour
FT xti h2o pants with knee armour
and clean underwear

I strongly suggest wearing gear all the time. my friends always have to wait for me to gear up. they will be patient for now on.

I thought about talking to a lawyer but i wasnt sure if i needed to. i guess i need to speak to someone with experience.

Oh dude you so need to get a lawyer!

I know they get a bad rap, but the Insurance Co cares only about minimizing their costs.

DO NOT ACCEPT OR SIGN ANYTHING WITHOUT A LAWYER! PERIOD!

JMHO

One other thing, if you go for the % of the settlement make sure that includes expenses and is not plus expenses. My friend (this is first hand, I saw the bill) was charged 40% flat plus about another 30K in expenses on a 100K settlement. I couldn't believe it. So, make sure you negotiate, otherwise they have less incentive to save your money.

Last edited:

Izzy

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh dude you so need to get a lawyer!

I know they get a bad rap, but the Insurance Co cares only about minimizing their costs.

DO NOT ACCEPT OR SIGN ANYTHING WITHOUT A LAWYER! PERIOD!

JMHO

One other thing, if you go for the % of the settlement make sure that includes expenses and is not plus expenses. My friend (this is first hand, I saw the bill) was charged 40% flat plus about another 30K in expenses on a 100K settlement. I couldn't believe it. So, make sure you negotiate, otherwise they have less incentive to save your money.

Hey thanks for the great advice. im sure im gonna get some legal help. I may look like the hulk tossed me around but im not stupid. I dont want to be short changed. I will keep u guys posted on the situation.:thumbup:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Damned glad to know you're OK to post about this! I hope you heal fast and get a new ride before your body is ready to ride. Lawyer up is right! Unless they offer something ridiculous, but that's not the nature of insurance companies these days.

Take care!!!

Izzy

Reaction score
Visit site
Damned glad to know you're OK to post about this! I hope you heal fast and get a new ride before your body is ready to ride. Lawyer up is right! Unless they offer something ridiculous, but that's not the nature of insurance companies these days.

Take care!!!

Ok the lawyer is secured now. He seems optimistic about the outcome.
:rockon:i love my riding gear:thumbup:
Wow these meds are making me act wierd.:confused:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Izzy, did you see my post at the bottom of page 2? I asked you a few questions and I am curious :)

MisterX

TopEnd.tv Guy
Reaction score
www.TopEnd.tv
Glad that you're ok. Situations like this are definitely a scary situation. I know. I've been there. Ugh!!! :eek:

As for Wavex and others telling you to get a lawyer, great advice. It's good that you've already secured one. I'm sure that he's told you not to talk with the girl's insurance. If he hasn't, don't! Let the lawyer take care of everything. Many years ago when I had my accident, I let the lawyer take care of all the necessaries, and I refused to speak with the insurance company of the other driver. It was a good thing too. I came out $50,000 ahead (minus lawyer expenses).

Still sucked though. To this day I still have problems with my right leg at the knee. It was fillet'd open from around 4-5 inches above the knee, to around 4-5 inches below the knee, and around 3-4 inches deep. Yeah, it sucked. I hope that your injuries heal quickly and that you don't have any long term effects.

X

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I admire you for wanting to get back onto the bike again. Glad you didn't receive "serious" life threatening or permanent injuries, probably due to the fact that you were wearing full gear. That driver was very lucky, meaning that most likely if it was a different rider, they would most likely end up with much more serious injuries because I doubt that most riders take on the extra responsiblity of wearing proper gear.

Once again, this is a very safety oriented forum, and another great example of another member who has taken the responsiblity of wearing full gear which has paid off.

By any chance, would you be able to disect a bit more on your accident. Meaning was it a two lane or three lane road in each direction, or were you in the center portion of the lane vs the right or left line, etc.

It may help me down the road so it doesn't happen to me. I am very fortunate that most members have provided a detailed scenario on how and why they crashed so that I can learn and hopefully can prevent what happened to you.

I have always said that more than 80% of all accidents involving cagers are due to the fact it was their fault. However, could you as a rider have prevented it from riding in a less vulnerable lane or line?

When following a vehcile in the lane closest to areas where left turns are made, In most cases, I choose the very left line of the lane so that it gives the oncoming vehicle a better angle on my visiblity. Following a vehicle directly in the center of the lane or riding in the right line will give the oncoming vehicle the least amount of time and distance to see you.