Im Alive

Izzy

Reaction score
Visit site
DSCN0322.jpg

DSCN0319.jpg

DSCN0316.jpg

I had the worst monday of my life. on the way to work a red honda pulled left directly after the car i was following giving me only about one car length to try to stop. i didnt slow down much before i impacted her front end. it didnt help that she paniced and stopped in my lane.:spank: the fireman told me i flew about 25-30 feet. i ended up laying across my lane. i couldnt breath and i thought i was dying. sorry for the poor grammer, its tough typing with only one hand. thank God im alive!

Last edited:

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Holy! I'm glad you are alive! What was the damage that you can only type with one hand? Get better soon!

Izzy

Reaction score
Visit site
i dislocated my thumb. the doc pulled it back in place but the ligament is torn so i have cast and waiting for surgery. i also broke a piece of bone off my right knee where the ligament conn. also getting surgery for that. i also had a 5 inch laseration on my right shin that exposed my bone. it has been stitched, it took about 2 hrs to stitch. my back is also sore and it makes it hard to breath deeply. i think my waist caught my new puig windscreen because i have cuts there. my foot is also swollen but no break.

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OMG! Thank goodness you appear to be OK, since you are blogging.

I've hit a car and then the pavement too. Though a long time ago and I didn't Superman.

Hope there is no permanent damage and you heal quickly.

Hope you don't give up riding and your bike is repairable?

Get well soon.

Regards,

Lewis

Oh geez, Izzy, I just read your update, much worse than my experience. Hope the cager had good coverage for you!

Last edited:

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i dislocated my thumb. the doc pulled it back in place but the ligament is torn so i have cast and waiting for surgery. i also broke a piece of bone off my right knee where the ligament conn. also getting surgery for that. i also had a 5 inch laseration on my right shin that exposed my bone. it has been stitched, it took about 2 hrs to stitch. my back is also sore and it makes it hard to breath deeply. i think my waist caught my new puig windscreen because i have cuts there. my foot is also swollen but no break.
Jeez, sounds PAINFUL. Get better soon and good luck with your surgeries, we are thinking of you!

Izzy

Reaction score
Visit site
i wish i had supermaned it was more like flipping then sudden stop.
as for bike i think it is destroyed. her car was smashed as well but probably fixable.
glad i have collision coverage. they said she is at fault and they are even covering my helmet. as for riding again? i cant wait to get back on two wheels. i just enjoy it way to much. Never been a quiter especially when i was not the cause. if i stop riding it is because of my own reasons not cause of dumb driver. sorry if i dont make sence i have alot of meds right now.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Holy Cow Izzy! Man I hope you heal up fine. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
EI EI EI EI STAYINNNN ALIVVVVE...

Sorry sounded appropriate for the post

Good thing your still semi-ok

Best of luck to you in your surgery bro :thumbup:

Izzy

Reaction score
Visit site
glad that you are alive and already starting your recovery. i hope she takes full responsibility.

I remember looking around while on my back and seeing the girl. she was histerical, she was freaking out staring at me while i withered in pain. It was crazy when i talked to my coworker after the hospital because he had asked if it was a red honda that cut me off. i asked him how he knew and he said because she has cut him off before at the same spot in front of her work.

racerws

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Seems every time I have been hit, it's by a female in an SUV, not
paying attention to her driving. Thank goodness, I've been in my huge
F150 Ford Pickup and not on the FZ6!
Who can't see a big black truck sitting at a light for God's sake?
Glad you are alive, hope she has big insurance, and you bill the
heck out of her policy.
Also may her rates go up!
Get well soon.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to read that you survived a potentially fatal accident. Were you wearing proper riding gear?

From what I've read recently it is vitally important to get a lawyer to preserve your rights. Heal up quickly.

Izzy

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to read that you survived a potentially fatal accident. Were you wearing proper riding gear?

From what I've read recently it is vitally important to get a lawyer to preserve your rights. Heal up quickly.

I was waitng for that question.
I was wearing a shoei helmet
A* apex gloves
A* Gortex boots
FT XTI leather jacket with armour
FT xti h2o pants with knee armour
and clean underwear

I strongly suggest wearing gear all the time. my friends always have to wait for me to gear up. they will be patient for now on.

I thought about talking to a lawyer but i wasnt sure if i needed to. i guess i need to speak to someone with experience.

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear you are ok. Make sure you take time to recover fully. I would talk to a lawyer. You basically only get one chance at restitution and if you get screwed it will be almost impossible to fix it after the fact.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
brings back some recent memories... get better man!

oh and I would strongly recommend you get a lawyer ASAP... before you talk to your insurance or anyone else...

Good luck!

Izzy

Reaction score
Visit site
brings back some recent memories... get better man!

oh and I would strongly recommend you get a lawyer ASAP... before you talk to your insurance or anyone else...

Good luck!

Thanks i just called a lawyer. I guess i never know if injuries might be long term. This is getting scary! i was just happy i was alive. now for the after math.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks i just called a lawyer. I guess i never know if injuries might be long term. This is getting scary! i was just happy i was alive. now for the after math.

Having a lawyer represent you is your best option on multiple levels:
- they will make sure you take care of your injuries properly and don`t get rushed into making any decision,
- they will tell you what to do and when to do it,
- they will make sure you don`t get screwed by the other party's insurance, lawyer, or even your own insurance (they will try to close the case as quickly as possible, even if you`re their customer),
- they will try to reduce all your medical bills, and work with your own motorcycle/health insurances to get them to pay more,
- they will make sure you get fully covered for your property damage (bike) and negotiate a proper "pain and suffering" package for you...

I discovered this whole process recently myself, and I have to say there are so many ways you can screw yourself or get screwed, it`s very scary... they know every loop hole, every trick in the book to make sure you are properly covered, plus, they give you a piece of mind, which is important, so you can focus on getting better, and not stress over all the bs involved in the aftermath. They`re expensive, but they`re worth every penny imo.

Was there a police report? Was the other party issued a ticket? Don`t talk to your insurance or anyone about the accident... have your lawyer do that for you (you can talk about the property damage with your insurance, but not the accident itself).
Also, get your lawyer to check the other party's insurance coverage, so you can see right away what you`ll be working with... typically, if indeed the other party is confirmed to be at fault, the overall $$ package should be about 3 times the cost of all your medical bills... so if you end up with $10k in medical bills, the other party will have to pay out $30k... then the $30k is divided into 3 equal parts... one to pay the medical bills, one to pay the laywer bills and the last one to cover your pain and suffering. This excludes the property damage package (for your bike).
Of course all that depends on what coverage the other party has, along with your own coverage... if they only have $15k liability coverage, that`s all you`ll be able to get from their insurance, unless the other party is very rich and you want to sue them directly.... or if you have uninsured or underinsured coverage on your own... do you have medpay? it's very good to have that as well, as it can be used to get cash in your pocket right away to cover the early medical bills you`ll be getting (before the case is settled you`ll have to start payments yourself)...

Keep us updated and let us know if you have questions... I am still settling my case here as well, and I`ve learnt quite a lot lately, so I`ll do what I can to help if I can.

Good luck!

Last edited: