i passed!!

crazy dave

Reaction score
Visit site
So after failing my test on Friday due to dropping the bike in the figure 8:rolleyes:, I got to retake it today. AND PASSED :D. I am so excited. I crossed 2 lines and put my foot down lol, i was not dropping it again. everything else I did was ok, not much taken off after that.

Of course. I plan on practicing as much as I can all the time. I never want to leave the seat of a bike. lol. Ill be getting my friend to practice also

Congrats Dave.

Not to dampen your spirits but this is the most dangerous time of your motorcycle career.
Watch how the old guys ride...they didn`t become old by being ars@@@les on a bike.

Steve

yes...i plan on taking it slowly getting onto the streets. Starting off in parking lots and easing into it. Or side streets other then main ones

Congrats!!!
I was stuck working in the East 70s, I was gonna try to stop by that... In that rain too way to go man...

Let me know if you ever plan on riding over the Queensboro

Congrats, Dave. It's nice to read of someone taking their training seriously. It sounds as if you'll be taking it easy. Here's to seeing you around for a good long while -- on two wheels.

Nice job! Congrats! Please heed Steve's remarks!

Be safe and remember.... head check, head check, HEAD CHECK!

as others have said... congrats. it's a great feeling when you pass and you get out there on the road. i also ditto the be safe mantra. and that never really ends. turns out that a majority of crashes happen after the rider feels comfortable - like year 5 - not when you first start out. so continue to keep both eyes open and constantly thinking while you're out there.

on a side note:
just a side note: here in CA, if you put a foot down or cross any lines or touch any cones during the test it is an automatic fail.
DANG! are you allowed to make any mistakes at all when you take the test? that seems harsh that you have to nail an exercise perfectly or you fail.

on a side note:

DANG! are you allowed to make any mistakes at all when you take the test? that seems harsh that you have to nail an exercise perfectly or you fail.

You can't mess up the riding part. It's in a small lot with two lines and a circle on the end...probably standard at all DMV's. My brothers both failed for putting a foot down by accident, so it sounds harsh, but CA and especially Los Angeles has the worst drivers in the nation lol

i'm sorry... maybe i'm talking about the wrong thing. i thought dave was talking about the basic rider course. and with that i thought he was talking about the box exercise where he had to do a figure 8. i have never had to take the dmv test. i heard that it's pretty insane and that you either have to be really good or borrow a scooter for the day to pass it. are you talking about the brc or the dmv test?

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Congratulations Dave! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Back