How much safety gear do you wear?

How much safety gear do you wear EVERY RIDE ?

• No Gear

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Helmet Only

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • Helmet and Gloves

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Helmet, Gloves, Boots

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Helmet, Gloves, Boots, Jacket

Votes: 138 55.0%
  • Full Gear - Head to Toe

Votes: 86 34.3%

• Total voters

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey all, i just got my new boots in the mail today cant wait to start breaking them in. They are a fazer boot from JC whitney.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i allways wear a full face, gloves, SHIFT jacket with armor, boots, pants, and i am surprised nobody else mention the CAMEL BACK FILTRATION PACK for about $50 its a great investment. it holds about 80oz of fluid and also has a place for ice packs to keep everything cold. When rideing in the sun here in florida it gets HOT, with all the gear on i might sweat but that cools the body off. The down side to that is when u get to where u r going you have to change clothe because of the sweat, so i also hook up a back pack with a full change of cloths to change into. The one thing i have to get is the darker visor, the sun just beats threw that and its hot.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
i allways wear a full face, gloves, SHIFT jacket with armor, boots, pants, and i am surprised nobody else mention the CAMEL BACK FILTRATION PACK for about $50 its a great investment. it holds about 80oz of fluid and also has a place for ice packs to keep everything cold. When rideing in the sun here in florida it gets HOT, with all the gear on i might sweat but that cools the body off. The down side to that is when u get to where u r going you have to change clothe because of the sweat, so i also hook up a back pack with a full change of cloths to change into. The one thing i have to get is the darker visor, the sun just beats threw that and its hot.

How can you stand that humidity. You carry a change of clothes, but it just gets all wet again. I do have to admit, it must be pretty nice right now. Here in Vegas, it's getting down to the freezing mark on a nightly basis. Yes, the summer gets pretty brutal, but it's a dry heat.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
helmet, gloves, jacket and boots are a given for everyday riding but if i am going on a large group ride where i am likely to push it a little harder i have no problems putting on my full leathers even if it is 95 out.:thumbup:

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i keep the x-tra cloths in a back pack so they dont get wet. but on a ride of atleast 2hrs i take my camel pack so i dont have to stop the re-hydrate, and with the cold packs the GATORADE stay nice and cold.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Came across the quote the other day -- "sweat wipes off, road rash doesn't"

hey all, i just got my new boots in the mail today cant wait to start breaking them in. They are a fazer boot from JC whitney.

Those look like dirt bike boots. How the hell are you going to ride a street bike with those? I tried to take my FZ6 to the car wash down the street once wearing my FOX dirt bike boots and could not shift the thing. Not to mention you've got no flexibility and not much comfort.

What am I missing? Are those different than they look in the pic?

You'll definitly be protected though!
________
Ocean View Condominiums Pattaya

Last edited:

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
just a couple of adjustment to the shifter rod a little twist here and there, then break in the boots walking all over the place, and the not buckeling the top and its a sweet fit. Feels a little wierd at first then its like second nature.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
i am surprised nobody else mention the CAMEL BACK FILTRATION PACK for about $50 its a great investment. it holds about 80oz of fluid and also has a place for ice packs to keep everything cold.

Thanks for reminding me about this. I wear my Camel Bak Striker backpack that I use for Tactical Rifle matches occasionally, but find it almost impossible (and a bit dangerous) to tug a drink from it when riding; I have to stop to take a drink....how do you rig up the hose and nozzle to drink while riding with gloves and a full face helmet? :confused:

penalty vector

Reaction score
Visit site
I always wear the helmet & gloves. In direct violation of what I learned in my safety course, I have ridden in Shorts & t-shirt. Only a few miles to run an errand & not over 35 mph. I accept the risk at that speed. I ride bicycles with less on and at a higher speed at times. I NEVER hit the highway without full gear.

H

HavBlue

I didn't vote because I fall into all the choices at one time or another during the season. The only thing that is constant is a helmet....

Justin91280

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats good to now everyone in hear is atleast smart enough to be wearing a helmet and protective gear... Ride safe guy's

wildboar613

Reaction score
Visit site
I always wear helmet, jacket, gloves and boots. Colder weather I wear textile pants also. In summer I usually have full leathers on. Sure saved my hide this past fall.

FZ6Fazer

Reaction score
Visit site
I always use "full package". My IXS textiles, boots, back protection, helmet and gloves. :thumbup:

teslas

Reaction score
Visit site
I always wear, armored jacket, Backprotecter, Helmet, and gloves. If i'm doing a bit of around town riding (and not feeling invincible)

I will wear a set of Knee/shin protectors on the outside of my jeans. If i have to go a little bit on the freeways then I will put them under my jeans. Something like these...

Cycle Gear - FOX 2008 Standard Knee/Shin Guards BLACK/RED: 2008 Standard Knee/Shin Guards, BLACK/RED

And for longer rides, I do away with the knee/shin protector and use my overpants.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
helmet
boots
armoured trousers
armoured jacket or leathers
sh1t hot gloves

and most importantly....

I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS WEAR MY BACK PROTECTOR

In my job I see a lot of spinal injuries and 10 seconds putting on a back protector could be the difference between still running around with your kids or operating a motorised wheelchair !!

I don't even realise mine is on !! ;)