HEAT WAVE! I'm melting!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Someone's been MODERATING me again......I'm gonna get a rep soon.....Sould have been checking the other posts Woolfie, theres a few items that may raise the eyebrows

Dont worry, i have seen most of them...just goptta worry about the Aussie section..the only one i have any juristiction in...

It definitely has been interesting in the last few days...yoiu lot are keeping me on my toes!!!!

:rtfm:

By the way, 57 posts in one day Matt...impressive stuff...Quickest fingers in the North!....no dont go there! Please!

:eek:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hehehe, I just read the Yay America thread. Very interesting read, and the different thoughts of different folks.

I'm with you Matt, I gave all my guns up during an Amnesty, (thanks to that idiot who shot up Tasmania). I lost my Dad's rifle, it was made here in Adelaide by a company that doesn't exist any more (Sportco), best .22 semi-auto rifle I've ever shot... I couldn't keep it after Bryant went psycho in Tassy.

I had already given up Pistol shooting before that and sold all my hand-guns... it was getting more and more expensive to keep them and stay in a registered club.

Hmm... Think I'm drifting off-topic here... Sorry .

:)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Didn't Admin pm you once to say the ozzy section is all over the place ?

Ha look,now i,m doing it :rolleyes:

Something like that...but back to the topic at hand...just got a call from MP, she said that about 50 people have been treated for extreme heat stroke at the BDO....42C, in the blazing sun, for 12 hours...gee i wonder why! If it was any other event, it would of been cancelled!

:(

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Something like that...but back to the topic at hand...just got a call from MP, she said that about 50 people have been treated for extreme heat stroke at the BDO....42C, in the blazing sun, for 12 hours...gee i wonder why! If it was any other event, it would of been cancelled!

:(

I dont think its all to do wioth the heat, i think alot is to do with little pills and alcohol

well neither of those will help...bet the dog squad is having fun!

:spank:

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just lifted this from ninemsn,seems like SA and Vic are not the only ones coping the heat.

Tasmania has recorded its highest ever maximum temperature, breaking the old record set just 24 hours ago.

Scamander on Friday recorded 42.2 degrees, eclipsing Thursday's all-time Tasmanian record of 41.5 degrees at Flinders Island Airport, the Australian Bureau of Meteorology says.

Hot northerly winds from the larger island's heatwave pumped the temperatures higher on the smaller island.

Before Thursday, only 17 separate maximum temperatures greater than 40 degrees had been recorded at different locations in Tasmania - there are now 24.

Conditions in Tasmania are forecast to ease late on Saturday.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just lifted this from ninemsn,seems like SA and Vic are not the only ones coping the heat.

Tasmania has recorded its highest ever maximum temperature, breaking the old record set just 24 hours ago.

Scamander on Friday recorded 42.2 degrees, eclipsing Thursday's all-time Tasmanian record of 41.5 degrees at Flinders Island Airport, the Australian Bureau of Meteorology says.

Hot northerly winds from the larger island's heatwave pumped the temperatures higher on the smaller island.

Before Thursday, only 17 separate maximum temperatures greater than 40 degrees had been recorded at different locations in Tasmania - there are now 24.

Conditions in Tasmania are forecast to ease late on Saturday.

Wow, it must be one very big pressure system...that's a big area it's affecting.

Thanks Mick.

:thumbup:

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Kinda makes ya wonder where it's gonna end don't it .That March heat wave of 15 days over 35 c was a one in one hundred year event they said,10 months later we get a worse one !