HEAT WAVE! I'm melting!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Time to bump and grind up against a pole for some extra coin hey Mikey....????

I reckon i've got it covered without too much trouble but I'd rather spend the money on my mortgage. I'll be talking to the insurance people and trying to get stuff sorted. They should fix my old tank, pay for the mirror and cover and basically get it looking shmick again, but I'm going to want to shell out for some new stuff, rather than repaired stuff which they'll try on.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I reckon i've got it covered without too much trouble but I'd rather spend the money on my mortgage. I'll be talking to the insurance people and trying to get stuff sorted. They should fix my old tank, pay for the mirror and cover and basically get it looking shmick again, but I'm going to want to shell out for some new stuff, rather than repaired stuff which they'll try on.

I think you will find that the insurance company wont repair, but will demand replacement...just to cover their butt's liability wise, down the track.

:thumbup:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think you will find that the insurance company wont repair, but will demand replacement...just to cover their butt's liability wise, down the track.

Awesome! That's exactly what I need. Then they can pay for a new tank and I can fix the old one:cheer:.

I really need several tanks though....lol...then I can have a different colour for every day of the week:rockon::rockon::rockon::D

Cheers
Mike

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome! That's exactly what I need. Then they can pay for a new tank and I can fix the old one:cheer:.

I really need several tanks though....lol...then I can have a different colour for every day of the week:rockon::rockon::rockon::D

Cheers
Mike

Hmmm, the possibility's are endless! FZ6 poster boy is breaking out!

:rockon:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmm, the possibility's are endless! FZ6 poster boy is breaking out!

Have to see about the FZ1 headlight too...lol. Hmmm. Wonder if I can squeeze an FZ1 donk into my frame...LMAO.

Of course I may need a few sets of rims with different colour tape on them.

Cheers
Mike

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have to see about the FZ1 headlight too...lol. Hmmm. Wonder if I can squeeze an FZ1 donk into my frame...LMAO.

Of course I may need a few sets of rims with different colour tape on them.

Cheers
Mike

Hmmm...seriously thinking about the FZ1 headlight swap myself...maybe, we do it at the same time????

As for the wheels, what about a nice set of Carbon BST wheels...will only set you back about half the original purchase price of the bike! :eek:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wel it looks like we are in for a bit of respite from this heat...forecast for the next few days has temps in the mid 20's till at least thursday....YAY! Perfect riding weather! bring it on!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wel it looks like we are in for a bit of respite from this heat...forecast for the next few days has temps in the mid 20's till at least thursday....YAY! Perfect riding weather! bring it on!

Does that mean it's going to heat up for Friday the 13th. Gee that's a bit unlucky. I go on annual leave on the Friday for a week. Might head south east on the Sunday:rockon:.

Cheers
Mike

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Does that mean it's going to heat up for Friday the 13th. Gee that's a bit unlucky. I go on annual leave on the Friday for a week. Might head south east on the Sunday:rockon:.

Cheers
Mike

hmmmm.....gee, the great ocean road is down that way is it not...wonder where we might find mike? LOL!:rockon:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Cheers
Mike

hehe, yup, 37 forecast for next Saturday ;)

Wake up this morning to a light rain falling out there, soooooo much cooler, beautiful!!!

:)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Say Wolfman, those temps that you described are pretty normal for us here in Vegas during the summer. Yes, it's hot, but I have ridden with full gear in much hotter conditions. I think the hottest I have ridden in was around 117 Degrees F, I thing that a bit over 47C for the rest of the world. Just drink plenty of fluids, don't worry the winter is right around the corner. As I say this, the summer is right around the corner for me. Yuck!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Say Wolfman, those temps that you described are pretty normal for us here in Vegas during the summer. Yes, it's hot, but I have ridden with full gear in much hotter conditions. I think the hottest I have ridden in was around 117 Degrees F, I thing that a bit over 47C for the rest of the world. Just drink plenty of fluids, don't worry the winter is right around the corner. As I say this, the summer is right around the corner for me. Yuck!

Winter just around the corner....Lol! We can expect this heat till last until the end of April....it is not uncommon to have a heat wave in April in South Australia!

The weather all over Australia is pretty extreme and scary right now....floods in Queensland, over 60 Bushfires burning in New South Wales, and the worst of all....65 people dead, over 600 homes lost in Bushfires in Victoria!

Am just praying that a major Bushfire doesnt start in South Australia....it will be out of control....so so so dry, so much dry vegetation to fuel the fires...

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hmmmm.....gee, the great ocean road is down that way is it not...wonder where we might find mike? LOL!:rockon:

PMSL....maybe not quite that far. I'm thinking of heading down Hamilton way and having a bit of a look at the trout fishing. Don't care if it's not the best time or if I haven't a clue where to go. Just be good to get out on the bike and wet a line somewhere.:thumbup: This will also be a bit of a Recce for a kayak trip.:rockon::D

Cheers
Mike

buzzbomb

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Visit site
Buzz, :welcome: to the forum mate.
Where do you call home? Good to see another Aussie on here.

On the weather front... Cant wait for the cool change tomorrow, down to 25 degrees here... Yee Haaaaa!!!

Hiya Stumbles, sorry for the late reply!
Not really good with spending regular time on forums unfortunately.

I'll quickly introduce myself.
I'm from the Riverland, South Australia, riding a black FZ6 Fazer. Not that modded really, just a Sheepy Hollow lambswool seat, Blue LEDs for park lights, dual headlight mod, Iridium NGK spark plugs, and panniers.
Unfortunately I don't get as much time to ride, but still love getting out with mates now and then for a ride.

Now that it's cooled down I can start to get out and enjoy riding again!
Anyway I better go for now,
hopefully you'll see me in a few more posts, and maybe even out riding somewhere!

BB

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I'm from the Riverland, South Australia, riding a black FZ6 Fazer. Not that modded really, just a Sheepy Hollow lambswool seat, Blue LEDs for park lights, dual headlight mod, Iridium NGK spark plugs, and panniers.
Unfortunately I don't get as much time to ride, but still love getting out with mates now and then for a ride.

Now that it's cooled down I can start to get out and enjoy riding again!
Anyway I better go for now,
hopefully you'll see me in a few more posts, and maybe even out riding somewhere!

BB

I am heading to the riverland tomorrow! Not on the bike unfortuneatly, but will do again soon... Will pm you next time I am heading that way on two wheels...maybe we could catch up for a ride? :D

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I'm from the Riverland, South Australia, riding a black FZ6 Fazer.

BB

Sweet, another South Aussie.

Hehehe, have you made a visit to the city lately?? Wasn't you riding through an intersection on the back wheel the other day was it, one of our members here saw a Black FZ6 doing just that :rof:

Saty safe mate.

buzzbomb

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet, another South Aussie.

Hehehe, have you made a visit to the city lately?? Wasn't you riding through an intersection on the back wheel the other day was it, one of our members here saw a Black FZ6 doing just that :rof:

Saty safe mate.

Not guilty your honour!

Nah I haven't ridden in the city for ages. The last few trips have been with the family in the cage unfortunately :(

buzzbomb

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Visit site
I am heading to the riverland tomorrow! Not on the bike unfortuneatly, but will do again soon... Will pm you next time I am heading that way on two wheels...maybe we could catch up for a ride? :D

Sounds like a great idea Wolfman, I'd love to catch up for a ride!
We have some good roads here, probably my fave is the Old Gurra road, or around kingston on murray.
Take care,
BB

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a great idea Wolfman, I'd love to catch up for a ride!
We have some good roads here, probably my fave is the Old Gurra road, or around kingston on murray.
Take care,
BB

If you want send me a PM with your mobile number, and i will give you a cal before i pop out that way again, which will most probably be a week oir two adter i get back from the WSBK next weekend.