It's Hot! Sweltering in fact!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Um dude...look out the window.. ITS RAINING! well done you ruined it!

It rained for about ten minutes....was as muggy as for a bit, then by mid afternoon, the sky was cloudless, and the sun was absolutely brutal! I found a big tree, and got horizontal, with a beer, and a straw, so i did'nt have to lift my head!

Perfect day out today, bout to take the missus out for a ride and a nice lunch....

:rockon:

Ruggedcoast

Reaction score
Visit site
Beat the heat today with an early run through Royal National Park (Sydney South). First 'open road' run on the bike (2nd hand 2004), good to get back to thinking about speed-position-gear, looking through, leaning in etc. etc.*

I was wondering where all the bikes were on the way out, until I hit a few corners directly into the sun. Heaps (150+) cyclists, dozen joggers. Turn around at Otford lookout & went for a quick walk on the cliff track - 0730 h and the sun was hot.

On the trip back I must have passed 50 bikes going the other way - aahhh, there they all were. Being a newbie (returning after 10 years) I must have been a bit too keen & eager to get out.

*only scare I gave myself was at the turn around point - front wheel slipped in gravel at <5km/h, nearly had to step off; slightly embarrassing :eek:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What is to hot for you guys to ride in? I rode in 112f and I thought I was going to die if I stopped at a red light to long!!!

that's 44c!!!! That's pretty f****** hot! Have ridden in that before, and your right...stopping at traffic light's is not fun....bike temp just goes through the roof, heaps of heat coming off the road & engine!!!

I am thinking anything over 38c/ 100f, is starting to get to the point when riding no longer is pleasurable...unless you are drowned in cold water before you get on the bike! :eek:

:thumbup:

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Most of my rides in that heat is just to work, which is only 2 miles away, lol. At least when it is that hot I don't have to fight with the other riders for parking spots.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
42'C in Bullsbrook today :eek: No riding for us.......

Instead, we are having a beer, sitting in the air-conditioning, having a "practice" pack for Tassie, just to see if I need to buy a tank bag or not :)

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What is to hot for you guys to ride in? I rode in 112f and I thought I was going to die if I stopped at a red light to long!!!

I've gone out and done 7 laps of Lobethal road on a 112 degree day. I do it all the time. I'm a hopelessly addicted bike riding tragic....lol.