It's Hot! Sweltering in fact!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Forecast for Adelaide & surrounds today...

City: Max 41
Elizabeth: Max 43
Mount Barker: Max 40
Noarlunga: Max 37

State Forecast temps!

Coober Pedy 44 Dry. Sunny.
Roxby Downs 43 Dry. Sunny.
Woomera 43 Dry. Sunny.
Leigh Creek 42 Dry. Sunny.
Broken Hill 41 Sunny.
Port Augusta 45 Dry. Early evening change.
Port Pirie 44 Dry. Late afternoon change.
Clare 43 Windy. Late afternoon change.
Keith 43 Windy. Afternoon change.
Robe 33 Windy. Afternoon change.
Naracoorte 41 Windy. Afternoon change.
Coonawarra 40 Windy. Afternoon change.
Mount Gambier 39 Windy. Afternoon change.

Very hot with northeast to northwest winds, fresh to strong
over the agricultural area producing Extreme to Catastrophic Fire Danger!

Let's cross our fingers that no nasty fire's take hold! Lots of "Fuel" about, with all the unseasonal rain we have had lately in SA!

Floods all over the place in Queensland & NSW! NOW THIS....

:eek:

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
Yer,I think those 40c days are headed our way & with all the water around it's gunna get real sticky :(

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, summer has finally reared its ugly head. Back to night and early morning rides, as the road will soon be too hot for traction :(

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know how you feel !! we had one of the hottest summers in history this summer and we are still 20" behind on our anual rainfall.....all my grass died and we had burn bans all summer long... heat sucks!! :BLAA: PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SHREVEPORT LA
745 AM CDT WED SEP 1 2010

…AUGUST 2010 IS NOW THE WARMEST AUGUST ON RECORD ACROSS MANY
LOCATIONS IN THE FOUR STATE REGION…

…SUMMER 2010 WILL ALSO RANK IN THE TOP 5 WARMEST SUMMERS ON
RECORD…

A PERSISTENT UPPER LEVEL RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE ACROSS THE SOUTHERN
PLAINS AND LOWER MISSISSIPPI VALLEY THROUGHOUT MUCH OF AUGUST LED
TO MULTIPLE 100 DEGREE AFTERNOONS, WITH LOW TEMPERATURES
STRUGGLING TO FALL INTO THE THE MID AND UPPER 70S EACH DAY. THIS HAS
RESULTED IN AUGUST BEING RECORDED AS THE WARMEST AUGUST ON
RECORD AT MANY LOCATIONS ACROSS THE FOUR STATE REGION.

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Luckily we only have 31 at home at the moment , 78% humidity though :spank: :spank:

Looking the SA weather forecast i'd be making a beeline for the nice sea side town of Robe , sea breeze & fishing :rockon: then riding back home when the afternoon change comes through , does life get any better :D

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Luckily we only have 31 at home at the moment , 78% humidity though :spank: :spank:

Looking the SA weather forecast i'd be making a beeline for the nice sea side town of Robe , sea breeze & fishing :rockon: then riding back home when the afternoon change comes through , does life get any better :D

Yup! Life could be better. They could put a few turns in the roads leading to Robe otherwise it's a 500 dollar trip just in tires. :(

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, summer has finally reared its ugly head. Back to night and early morning rides, as the road will soon be too hot for traction :(

seriously... It's so hot over there you guys can't ride during the day? wow.... I knew it gets hot in Australia, but I didn't know it was that hot. damn...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last time you mentioned how good the weather was it rained....FOR WEEKS! :spank:

Whoops! your right! would almost prefer rain right now! :eek:

seriously... It's so hot over there you guys can't ride during the day? wow.... I knew it gets hot in Australia, but I didn't know it was that hot. damn...

Yep, your tyres just turn to putty when your in Sport mode...

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Only because they bred them real tough down there in the south :BLAA:

Up here in QLD we ride in 40c+ or 100+ & add 90-95% humidity to that :eek: it is simply AWEFUL , I HATE IT :mad: you look at you gear & start sweating :(

I have no choice but to ride no matter how hot/cold but truth be told when it gets hot , i try my best to park the bike up :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Up here in QLD we ride in 40c+ or 100+ & add 90-95% humidity to that :eek: it is simply AWEFUL , I HATE IT :mad: you look at you gear & start sweating :(

I have no choice but to ride no matter how hot/cold but truth be told when it gets hot , i try my best to park the bike up :thumbup:

Lol! If i can avoid riding in 40c plus heat, i am avoiding it! It's just ridiculous to be out in that Sun at all! not healthy! :eek:

It takes about 10 minutes of exposure to get burnt to a crisp in SA!

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site

And I thought Florida in the Summer time was bad, which it is, but that is just nuts. I mean I am from a very hot country, Guyana, but I don't think the Humidity is that bad..... or maybe I have been living in Wisconsin too long :BLAA: as for the tires I wonder if anyone ever thought of coming up with a compound that could cope with this environment. would sure be a good idea.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And I thought Florida in the Summer time was bad, which it is, but that is just nuts. I mean I am from a very hot country, Guyana, but I don't think the Humidity is that bad..... or maybe I have been living in Wisconsin too long :BLAA: as for the tires I wonder if anyone ever thought of coming up with a compound that could cope with this environment. would sure be a good idea.

We dont have the humidity here....it's dryer than a nuns .... down here, about 5% humidity if we are lucky! It's like walking out into a convection oven on a windy day! :eek: