Have an offer in on a bike.... will i be banned??

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
So yesterday before work (3rd shift now-bleh) i put an offer in on a bike.... No unfortunately not the mighty fazer :( However it is another bike with a similar cult following... Don't send me hate messages and death threats mentally but it's an 07 SV650, was looking around and normally i dislike the SV's but this particular one looks pretty cool, it's red with a black frame rather than that fugly silver thats usually on them. Was wholeheartedly planning on the FZ but.... the price might be right, Still not a for sure thing yet, have to hear back from the dealer, gave em my absolute "as high as i'll go" price so if they say no i'll walk... was also looking at a ninja 500r very low (under 500) miles for under 4k. Anyways If i join the SV club (not literally of course) how severely will i be beaten? :D

Whether i get either of the for-mentioned bikes or not, I still will be checking in here at the best forum around daily :thumbup: (assuming i don't get banned :D)

Edit: I forgot Cliff has his SV1000....so maybe there's hope yet of me not getting kicked out on my face :)

Last edited:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Any true enthusiast does not shun another just because he owns a different machine. We are one club because we ride around on 2-wheels with all the crazy cage drivers!

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
I go to see the bike tomorrow, RQ question for any of you who might have ridden one... from everything i've seen it looks like the SV has a bit more aggressive riding stance than the FZ, any truth to that or is the naked look throwing me off (coupled with me having been up for 20 hrs)... and is it actually comfortable to ride? i expect i'll have these questions answered tomorrow when i go look at the darn thing but idk, anxious now :thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Any true enthusiast does not shun another just because he owns a different machine. We are one club because we ride around on 2-wheels with all the crazy cage drivers!
Like wot he said,
I actually went to the dealership intent on getting the SV650 but fell for the FZ6.
So work away my friend.
The ninja 500 will feel slow and under powered after about two weeks. So I would go for the SV or FZ. + ground clearance is really poor on the Ninja.
good luck,

Nelly

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Half of the members on here , including myself have moved on to different bikes & thats the way it is :thumbup: I still love & miss my old Fizzer more so when I see her riding round town being neglected like she is :( but im sure we'll still respect you in the morning :D

Goodluck with the SV , they sound awesome with great Zhorst :rockon:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I go to see the bike tomorrow, RQ question for any of you who might have ridden one... from everything i've seen it looks like the SV has a bit more aggressive riding stance than the FZ, any truth to that or is the naked look throwing me off (coupled with me having been up for 20 hrs)... and is it actually comfortable to ride? i expect i'll have these questions answered tomorrow when i go look at the darn thing but idk, anxious now :thumbup:

I have only spent a short time on the SV. It's riding position is very noticeably different but I felt it was much more comfortable than the R6 I rode. I think if you are over 6' tall you may find it a little cramped compared to the FZ6.

Good luck! Be sure to report back if you get it.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
from everything i've seen it looks like the SV has a bit more aggressive riding stance than the FZ, any truth to that or is the naked look throwing me off (coupled with me having been up for 20 hrs)

I've never ridden one, but I've set on it and compared it to FZ6. It's infinitely more aggressive than FZ6. Full on sport bike ergonomics, but more comfortable than some. I doubt I could ride one for as long as I can ride FZ6 without getting seriously tired, but everyone's different.

This should give a good idea of the difference:

sv650vfz6.jpg

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
I've never ridden one, but I've set on it and compared it to FZ6. It's infinitely more aggressive than FZ6. Full on sport bike ergonomics, but more comfortable than some. I doubt I could ride one for as long as I can ride FZ6 without getting seriously tired, but everyone's different.

I think OP is looking at a naked SV. It has a bit more relaxed ergos compared to the S version. It's similar to the FZ6, but with a little less leg room. The biggest problem I had was the shape of the gas tank on the 1st generation SV. It has a very pronounced inset for your knees, which is probably great if you're normal sized. With my long legs, it was a no go. I would have needed to lower the pegs for sure. The ergos are very close for the second generation, but the tank shape is a little less pronounced, so it may not be as much of a concern. I've only ever ridden the 1st generation. Aside from the tank not fitting my legs, it's great. I'm glad it didn't fit though... that made pulling the trigger on the FZ6 a no brainer.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The SV650 will have more torque at lower RPM but idk about horses. I suspect they will dwindle as compared to the FZ6 which is more designed to keep produce horses at higher RPM. It will certainly be a different experience from the FZ6. Needless to say the SV1000 is a lot of fun and you might want to hunt one down and try it. The 1000 has tuneable suspension and the later 1000s have more horse power. And torque....... :rockon:
K7 was the last year for the 1000 so try to get a late one. Love mine!
My suggestion is go to the SV1000 from the FZ6. :D

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
SV was good, but it couldn't keep up with the FZ at all. I had one before the FZ myself. People always say they have such good torque, but it felt just like the FZ. Top end goes to the Yamaha, comfort too. Feel free to ask me anything comparing them.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think OP is looking at a naked SV. It has a bit more relaxed ergos compared to the S version. It's similar to the FZ6, but with a little less leg room. The biggest problem I had was the shape of the gas tank on the 1st generation SV. It has a very pronounced inset for your knees, which is probably great if you're normal sized. With my long legs, it was a no go. I would have needed to lower the pegs for sure. The ergos are very close for the second generation, but the tank shape is a little less pronounced, so it may not be as much of a concern. I've only ever ridden the 1st generation. Aside from the tank not fitting my legs, it's great. I'm glad it didn't fit though... that made pulling the trigger on the FZ6 a no brainer.

Ah.. my bad. The naked one is quite different (and I love that bike!)..

attachment.php

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

ngsm13

Reaction score
Visit site
Like wot he said,
I actually went to the dealership intent on getting the SV650 but fell for the FZ6.
So work away my friend.
The ninja 500 will feel slow and under powered after about two weeks. So I would go for the SV or FZ. + ground clearance is really poor on the Ninja.
good luck,

Nelly

I did similar as well! The FZ just caught me the exact right way and time!

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Try to get a chance to ride both bikes. The SV650 is 20+hp less than the FZ and you may not like that part of the bike. I have ridden the SV650 and it was lackluster in the power department compared to the FZ6. They do sound awesome with a proper exhaust.

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
You're talking about the SV650? Not the SV1000....The SV1000s also has a slipper clutch. 2006 Suzuki SV1000S - Top Speed

Definitely the 650. The 1000 was actually one of my favourite bargin bikes until the discontinued it. Bad Suzuki :spank:

And Erci, you are amazing at making those pictures. How the devil are you making them???

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Quick Update. As of this morning (when i sleep) the guy sold the SV :(

Still going to go look at/and hopefully test ride the Ninja... At this point my thinking is get a bike that i somewhat like, get some more miles under my belt, then next year upgrade to something like the fz6 (or may have to look into the sv 1000 now :spank:). I've been riding that Rebel 250 now for a while, and i'm pretty happy with it, other than it lacks power for highway and passing speeds. I figure something like the 500r will be A good bike to get miles under the belt without having too much power to get me into trouble (and also without being scary as hell on the highways).

Anyways plan on going tomorrow to look at it, I'll update ya'll tomorrow night when i get home. Maybe pics :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TampaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
One never knows how personal sales are going to go. Most of time one finds a better deal if they keep looking.

I am looking at purchasing a 2009 Suzuki Bandit 1250 with 3,800 miles on it. Have heard a great deal of good things about the bandit.

I won't see the bike until Sat morning so it could be sold by then. I won't worry I still got my trusty FZ6. :D