Happy MLK Day

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
I just thought I would share with everyone how much I love holidays when I'm not working. Something about getting ten hours of HOL time while talking with y'all on the computer. Its a great feeling.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Happy MLK day.

My firm is open for business today....we don't get a holiday after new years day until Memorial day...but we get a "winter break" and a lot of PTO which kicks ass.

back to work..
________
xxNATxx

Last edited:

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
One advantage to working for "The Man". If something happened in history, most likely its a Federal Holiday. But, I only get it off if its a normal day off for me.

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually came to work today. My patients like me to be open on days they have off. On holidays like today I am very busy.
It sure was hard to leave the house this morning. As I was heading out into the cold, I looked back at my wife (she is off today) to see her sitting by the fire in her robe with a warm drink, looking much too cozy. :mad:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have to work, but thats when i have all the time to talk to you nice folks, i think i am the only person on here that posts more during the week than the weekend

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the explanation, I get 6 weeks paid time off + 8 bank holidays which are also PTO (like labour days).
I think you guys over the pond are getting screwed.

Eh...I get 23 days off per year which I can accrue or use in advance plus 10 holidays plus before xmas to after NYE off...all paid. But they work us to death the rest of the time...(as evidenced by my freedom to be on this forum right now...lol...back to work!)
________
Depakote Lawsuit Info

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Work all the time, underpaid, undersexed, misunderstood... oh the horrors of being an American.:p
I forgot to menton that once I get to 10 years service my PTO goes up to 10 weeks + bank holidays. I can't believe my country has done some thing right lol.

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
I work full days Monday through Thursday, half day Friday, then take Saturday and Sunday off. I take a few three and four day weekends and take one week off per year (10 days, weekend to weekend) for vacation. If I take off more time it will hurt my practice. Patients get used to one doctor and get very upset if they have to see a doctor they don't know.

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
you UK guys have great vacation benefits. I'd have to work 30 years to get 6 weeks vacation (+10 holidays).

It was a good MLK day but I went to work.