Pops and bags misfire 4000-6000rpm

AkifLed69

Reaction score
Visit site
My bike pops and bags sometimes between 4000 and 6000 rpm and its a kind of misafiring and feels weird, while its popping its kind of shopping with giving the power.
Can somebody help me with this issue?

And sometimes my bike got hi temperature and does not prime dont ask me why. I got an new battery and its alot better with my new battery!

I saw few problems on an other forum they talking about throttle carb sync or something or tps defect. But i really dont know how to smell this or figure out

AkifLed69

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for your information!
So if i start my bike and i put volt meter both sides of my battery and i have to check this 13-14v? Do i have to give some power til this rpm? To check the voltage?

AkifLed69

Reaction score
Visit site
My bike has also a little more rpm then before i do t know why it sounds different stationair a little more

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This problem can be many different issues:

1) A fouled spark plug
2) A failed spark plug lead
3) A failing or failed coil
4) Too much voltage drop on the +12vdc lead to the coil(s)
5) Failed TPS
6) Throttle Body Sync
7) Clogged Air Filter
8) Poor compression on one or more cylinders
9) 10 more things that I can't think of now

You are going to have to do some diagnostics before we can provide detailed info. Me...I'd start with numbers 2-4 (and check #7) above because all it takes is time and a multimeter.

AkifLed69

Reaction score
Visit site

1) A fouled spark plug
5) Failed TPS
6) Throttle Body Sync
7) Clogged Air Filter

You are going to have to do some diagnostics before we can provide detailed info. Me...I'd start with numbers 2-4 (and check #7) above because all it takes is time and a multimeter.

AkifLed69

Reaction score
Visit site
First start its 14.10 14.20 volt and after 40 seconds it will drop to 13.7 volt.
I saw my ig ition problem it was 1 3 2 and 4 and i think it will be 1 2 3 4 seems its a small fix but i got a loss of power i dont know why
My sparkplugs are 3000km old and i openend all ignition coil to look for problems but ... No problem
I have an axtra if ition coil for 2 and 3 but could i use this on. 1 and 4? To check of there is any problem on the coil

AkifLed69

Reaction score
Visit site

1) A fouled spark plug
5) Failed TPS
6) Throttle Body Sync
7) Clogged Air Filter

Not so much occasionally stutters between 4-5 thousand rpm, but I do notice that power has declined slightly

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
First start its 14.10 14.20 volt and after 40 seconds it will drop to 13.7 volt.
I saw my ig ition problem it was 1 3 2 and 4 and i think it will be 1 2 3 4 seems its a small fix but i got a loss of power i dont know why
My sparkplugs are 3000km old and i openend all ignition coil to look for problems but ... No problem
I have an axtra if ition coil for 2 and 3 but could i use this on. 1 and 4? To check of there is any problem on the coil
These motors fire the spark plugs in pairs, so 2 and 3 fire at the same time, so do 1 and 4. So swapping 2 and 3 should not have made a big difference. If you want to know more about that, look up 'waste spark'.

The 2 coils are identical, except for the length of the spark plug wires (I think). So yes, as long as the wires on your spare 2 and 3 coil can reach the plugs, you can use that coil on 1 and 4.

AkifLed69

Reaction score
Visit site
I had the same problem it misfires again like shit i put some octane booster and after 10kilometers the bike flies like f16, i will try tomorrow hand hopefully its something with the fuel.
Before it works well it stopped like rpm limiter on 10000rpm for 1 second.
I saw a video about octane boosters maybe my fuel is clogged and or my sparkplugs are dirty?
In very happy for now but im curious about tomorrow!
DSC_5476.JPG
I always tank from bp 98 octane.
Dont look at my tires lol i ordered new one!

AkifLed69

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi brothers and sisters, problem solved!

1-First thing what i saw was my sparkplugs. Unscrewing it wasn't that hard because I could unscrew it by hand!
This does not fix the issue.
2- I saw the throttle carb sync tube there was a small hole see picture
Also not fixed the problem!
I was put to test my old sparkplugs and old ignition coils on hole 2 and 3 AND IT STOPPED in so happy guys i test it but before i drive

I just wanted to let you know before I drive. you never know:)
Im preparing to flying!!
Thanks guys see you soon!

Attachments

• DSC_5481.JPG
    DSC_5481.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 19

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi brothers and sisters, problem solved!

1-First thing what i saw was my sparkplugs. Unscrewing it wasn't that hard because I could unscrew it by hand!
This does not fix the issue.
2- I saw the throttle carb sync tube there was a small hole see picture
Also not fixed the problem!
I was put to test my old sparkplugs and old ignition coils on hole 2 and 3 AND IT STOPPED in so happy guys i test it but before i drive

I just wanted to let you know before I drive. you never know:)
Im preparing to flying!!
Thanks guys see you soon!
Good job! Yes, you may have had a loose connection at the coil primary connection.

AkifLed69

Reaction score
Visit site
Good job! Yes, you may have had a loose connection at the coil primary connection.
Im searching for a hammer because after 30km road with my new tire the problem is back..

Do someone sell a flamethrower? :(

I felt a blockage at 10 thousand rpm. Then I got a misfire again between 4 and 6 thousand rpm between these rpm. I wonder if it is spark plugs or ignition coil I have no ignition coil left so I have to order second hand again (I hope that spark plugs loose again.

Attachments

• DSC_5537.JPG
    DSC_5537.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 5

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Measure the resistance of the coils. The spec is:

Primary coil resistance: 1.53-2.07Ω @ 20C
Secondary coil resistance: 12.0-18.0kΩ @ 20C

I would also measure the resistance with the coils hot, while the values will change they should be close to the specified range. You may find that one of the coils is shorted or open when hot.

If the coils show any signs of cracking, they have failed.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Also high voltage can break over at different conditions of temperature. For example a small defect can be okay at one temperature but change as the physical component changes at higher temp. High voltage really likes to choose the slightest conductivity. The switching transistors on the ECU that operate the primary coil windings can also have intermittent problems.

Athosch97

Reaction score
Visit site
My bike pops and bags sometimes between 4000 and 6000 rpm and its a kind of misafiring and feels weird, while its popping its kind of shopping with giving the power.
Can somebody help me with this issue?

And sometimes my bike got hi temperature and does not prime dont ask me why. I got an new battery and its alot better with my new battery!

I saw few problems on an other forum they talking about throttle carb sync or something or tps defect. But i really dont know how to smell this or figure out
I had the exact same problem and was reading your thread before I even started working on mine, I bought a 2007 S2(bike was sitting for 3 months+)and it felt like it was 400cc instead of 600, too much power loss and misfires, The fix for me was cleaning the throttle body and cleaning everything in there, aswell as the fuel pump(which was REALLY dirty along with the throttle body). Just thought of sharing this I don't know if you had a fix to your problem but might aswell try it it's free and might work! Hope I helped! (I'm attachihg a photo down below of what I cleaned which mainly was the cause for power loss)

Attachments

• fz6 tb.png
    fz6 tb.png
    475.6 KB · Views: 15

AkifLed69

Reaction score
Visit site
I had the exact same problem and was reading your thread before I even started working on mine, I bought a 2007 S2(bike was sitting for 3 months+)and it felt like it was 400cc instead of 600, too much power loss and misfires, The fix for me was cleaning the throttle body and cleaning everything in there, aswell as the fuel pump(which was REALLY dirty along with the throttle body). Just thought of sharing this I don't know if you had a fix to your problem but might aswell try it it's free and might work! Hope I helped! (I'm attachihg a photo down below of what I cleaned which mainly was the cause for power loss)
Thanks for you information buddy, yeah in still driving 400cc lol.
Its time for cleaning!
Its a weird issue..
What are the orange things are do i have to unplug this and clean this?
Im gonne clean the throtthlebody and my fuel pump!