FZ8 News

Skeezix

Reaction score
Visit site
Ya know....I was spending way too much time looking at the two teaser pictures we have so far. In both photos, it shows what looks like GOLD colored front forks. I think Ohlins are too much to wish for, but perhaps the color indicates a higher quality suspension than the current FZ6?

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok here's some analysis.
Going from left to right.
1st pic) There's something different with the fairing on the FZ8. Part of it sticks forward.
2nd pic) USD forks, as others have noted. Probably fz1 inspired.
3rd pic) pod lights
4th pic) You can see that Yamaha has kept the same clutch adjuster this time around. Also, some of the handlebar is shown, it looks like an fz1 styled handlebar. I could be mistaken about this. There's also a weird groove where the fuel tank is supposed to be (bottom of pic, underlined in red.) Any idea what that's there for?

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Ok here's some analysis.
1st pic) There's something different with the fairing on the FZ8. Part of it sticks forward.
3rd pic) pod lights
4th pic) You can see that Yamaha has kept the same clutch adjuster this time around. Also, some of the handlebar is shown, it looks like an fz1 styled handlebar. I could be mistaken about this. There's also a weird groove where the fuel tank is supposed to be (bottom of pic, underlined in red.) Any idea what that's there for?

Could be a platic front piece on the tank like the FZ1 and R1&6 have. Or it could be a line made into the tank to replicate that look.

Skeezix

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok here's some analysis.
3rd pic) pod lights

Fantastic analysis! As skeptic as I was in the begining, I'm starting to think the FZ8 may really be an evolutionary step forward from the FZ6 we have in the states. I'd also like to know if FZ6 sales in the USA met, exceeded, or fell short of Yamaha's expectations. That answer may hold a key in the possibility of the FZ8 being sold in the US.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
The header looks like vintage 1985 FZ 750.

I'm not sure what to think of that set of photos. Maybe if they were in color instead?

Yes, there are some styling "miscues" in that photo which makes it suspect.
I would be really surprised if anybody scoops the Yamaha factory with the first official photo of the complete bike.

C-bus Biker

Reaction score
Visit site
LOL you don't get out much do ya? 12.3.2010 to anyone besides an American means March 12, 2010. The rest of the world uses dd/mm/yyyy for dates.

As far as power, I agree with urbanj. 130hp. Hopefully it will be crossplane too!

Aw Hell. I always wondered why everyone else got 31 months.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just told my wife "I thinks it's almost time to trade in the FZ for a new bike".
She asked me why I don't like this one any more? Told her, it's not that I don't like it, but a case of getting something newer and better.

Can't wait for more news on the Fazer 8.

:rockon:

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
Kind of off topic here, but how big of a hit is the fz6, naked or faired, in other countries excluding the US? The US DOES NEED a bike like this here to fill a gap, especially since its 800cc.

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
sure here ya go
fz8-fazer.jpg

fz8-naked.jpg

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I wonder how many of us will be reunited in the next year or so on the FZ8 forum

If they bring the naked version to the states, I will be all over it..... I'd much rather not buy one that's all blacked out, tho. Black paint shows dirt so much more than aluminum does.