FZ8 News

Trebor

Reaction score
Visit site
A while ago, I signed up to the Yamaha Europe website which said it would send details of the FZ8 when they became available. Just got this e-mail about 5 minutes ago...

Dear Rob,

Welcome to the first official FZ8 News.

Back in November we released the headlight shot of the FZ8. Today the surprises keep on coming as we reveal a detail of the FZ8 Fazer. Yes, you read that correctly. The FZ8 will also be available in faired version with the same outstanding performance for an exhilarating riding experience.

More news on both FZ8 and FZ8 Fazer will be revealed on March 12th, 2010 and will be delivered directly to your inbox!

They keep teasing us :)
Regards
Rob (Trebor)

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
I wonder if that is a full faired version or a bikini fairing like the s? Standing by for your march 12 posting of your next email

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yamaha reveals 2010 FZ8 Fazer - | Motorbike reviews | Latest Bike Videos | MCN

fz8-fazer.jpg

Please form a queue here :D

Senior

My brother is Junior
Reaction score
Visit site
yummy yummy :D

and interesting that both headlights are on :thumbup:
but look how dim they are :thumbdown:

So it looks like there is a
NAKED - FZ8 and a
FAIRED - FAZER8

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
A while ago, I signed up to the Yamaha Europe website which said it would send details of the FZ8 when they became available. Just got this e-mail about 5 minutes ago...

Dear Rob,

Welcome to the first official FZ8 News.

Back in November we released the headlight shot of the FZ8. Today the surprises keep on coming as we reveal a detail of the FZ8 Fazer. Yes, you read that correctly. The FZ8 will also be available in faired version with the same outstanding performance for an exhilarating riding experience.

More news on both FZ8 and FZ8 Fazer will be revealed on March 12th, 2010 and will be delivered directly to your inbox!

They keep teasing us :)
Regards
Rob (Trebor)

You beat me to it. You guys frumunda are awake when these updates arrive at 4:30am (local time)

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
I know there are smart people on this forum that could probably guess the horsepower based on the new photo.

Come on now, post what you think!
I want to hear it!

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Why do they continue to torture us?

So now we have the FZ8 and the Fazer 8. Noice!!

Last edited:

Skeezix

Reaction score
Visit site
I just went to the Yamaha UK website, and it shows the FZ8 pictures, but also says MORE NEWS: 12.3.2010

WTF? Does anyone else see this? I thought they said the FZ8 will be revealed in March?

PS: My prediction - 115 HP / 72 lbs. torque, with some type of basic VVT for the engine. My instinct says that the new FZ8 will be a good platform for Yamaha to showcase some type of new technology. I also hope they offer a USD front fork and fully adjustable suspension. Additionally, I think there is a good chance we'll see this in the US due to the fact that there is no FZ6 for 2010. Yamaha may be trying to move all 2009 FZ6 units off the showroom floor to create a clean slate for the FZ8 to be sold stateside in 2011, as well as give the Euro countries first dibs at the new model - possibly using the EU as a test market before the bike is brought here. My .02.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
12th day, 3rd Month, 2010

I just went to the Yamaha UK website, and it shows the FZ8 pictures, but also says MORE NEWS: 12.3.2010

WTF? Does anyone else see this? I thought they said the FZ8 will be revealed in March?

PS: My prediction - 115 HP / 72 lbs. torque, with some type of basic VVT for the engine. My instinct says that the new FZ8 will be a good platform for Yamaha to showcase some type of new technology. I also hope they offer a USD front fork and fully adjustable suspension. Additionally, I think there is a good chance we'll see this in the US due to the fact that there is no FZ6 for 2010. Yamaha may be trying to move all 2009 FZ6 units off the showroom floor to create a clean slate for the FZ8 to be sold stateside in 2011, as well as give the Euro countries first dibs at the new model - possibly using the EU as a test market before the bike is brought here. My .02.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com

LOL you don't get out much do ya? 12.3.2010 to anyone besides an American means March 12, 2010. The rest of the world uses dd/mm/yyyy for dates.

As far as power, I agree with urbanj. 130hp. Hopefully it will be crossplane too!