FS: 2006 FZ6 - Blue - Some cosmetic damage - $1700 - SoCal

sasper

Reaction score
Visit site
PRICE DROP! FS: 2006 FZ6, Blue - $1500 - SoCal

(For info on the accident and the whole back story, please read my thread here)

I'm selling my 2006 FZ6 in Blue. I was in an accident on 9/4 and insurance has finally settled, so I'm able to sell the bike now. The title is 100% clean and in my name, as the bike was NOT totaled. Almost all of the damage is cosmetic -- the plastics are scratched and broken, but mechanically the bike is in excellent condition.

It has about 20,000 miles and was meticulously maintained. I bought the bike about 5 months ago and put 3000 miles on it. The previous owner was the original owner and babied the bike like no other. There was literally not a scratch on it and all maintenance was performed per the manual.

Here's the info from the insurance adjuster who came and looked at my bike:

The estimated total for damages is $3328. There is also $993 in "extras" on the bike (TCP Aerodynamics front fairing, the Puig windscreen and my frame sliders) that were damaged.

Most of the damage is cosmetic. Functionally, the bike performs 100%. While I haven't ridden it a lot since the accident (since the left-side foot peg is broken off), it starts immediately, runs smoothly, and there are no ridability issues that I noticed. The examiner did notice that the sub-frame was slightly out of position, and the repair estimate for that was $165. I wasn't able to see the problem even when pointed out by the examiner. The scratch that he noted on the frame is from the frame slider and is very slight. The estimate for that repair was $150.

Honestly, other than those 2 things, the rest of the damage is cosmetic. I've attached his entire report + the pictures he took. I've also attached more pictures from the day of the accident as well as when I took some later.

Some other things from his estimate that don't need to be replaced:
  • Handlebars
  • Side stand
  • The guage, while it's surround is broken and it's dangling, still works 100%

For mods on the bike, I installed the 15t front-sprocket which only has about 500 miles on it. I also have the Speedo Healer v4 installed, but I think I will sell that separately unless someone would like it included with the 15t sprocket ($75 extra). I *just* did an oil & filter change about 100 miles ago. It also has the K&N air filter. I've done the dual-headlight mod (thanks again Rob!).

There is still a warranty on the bike and it is transferable to the next owner. It covers all of the mechanical things on the bike and should ease any concerns anyone has with the mechanics of a crashed bike.

I'd like to get $1700 (SIKE! $1500 obo now) for the bike. It's a great candidate for a naked conversion or someone who would like to do some repairs and flip the bike. I'm not in a huge hurry to sell it, so please ask any questions, give me a phone call, or come and stop by Marina Del Rey to take a look at it.

Last edited:

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw this bike in person yesterday. Steve has described the condition accurately. I was first in line to buy it (as an investment) but decided against it.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
JEEZ! I wish I had the money to get this bike! Can u say inexpensive track bike? I wouldn't care about the plastics and cosmetics. I wish it was on the East Coast! ARGH!!!!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i agree, shippable? even as a project this would be an amazing deal to fix into a fighter and then sell it to make some $ for mods ;)

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Bump for Steve/Sasper. I've ridden with Steve before and can vouch for him as a decent and honest guy. What he says is damaged is going to be the truth and he isn't going to rip you off.:thumbup:

Good luck with the sale Sasper.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
If this is still available, I`d consider it very seriously at $1000 :)

It would become my track project :rockon: