Votes: 101 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 64 23.2%

• Total voters

Cortez

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad i could help!

Honestly considering the price i was not expecting much but once you have them in hand they really feel and look well made.
They fit perfectly in each hole they are meant to, with no play at all and i am pretty sure they would do their job if need be.
I don't see how the R&G or the Motovation ones can do the job better and they are worth more than double the price of these!

I'm sure the more expensive stuff has a better build quality, but I'd rather
have these then none! Easy to install I expect?

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure the more expensive stuff has a better build quality, but I'd rather
have these then none! Easy to install I expect?

Well, i don't know how you can have better built quality on something so simple! They are pretty much all made from the same material, Acetal, or Delrin, or something similar.
The way they are installed is also pretty similar, mostly a threaded rod and two nuts.
Yes, i would expect some cheap ones to be generic rather than bike specific and have a bad fit, but these were clearly designed for the bike and fit perfectly.
I see no reason why R&G charges 25 pounds for the same things, and Motovation 50 pounds!

The install is really easy, just figure out which one goes on which side (they only fit one way) thread the metal rod through and tighten the nuts.
It takes max 5 minutes to instal both sets and that includes finding your tools!

The only thing worth mentioning is that you will need two 13mm sockets, as a spanner or wrench will not fit in the hole...

Last edited:

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, i don't know how you can have better built quality on something so simple! They are pretty much all made from the same material, Acetal, or Delrin, or something similar.
The way they are installed is also pretty similar, mostly a threaded rod and two nuts.
Yes, i would expect some cheap ones to be generic rather than bike specific and have a bad fit, but these were clearly designed for the bike and fit perfectly.
I see no reason why R&G charges 25 pounds for the same things, and Motovation 50 pounds!

The install is really easy, just figure out which one goes on which side (they only fit one way) thread the metal rod through and tighten the nuts.
It takes max 5 minutes to instal both sets and that includes finding your tools!

The only thing worth mentioning is that you will need two 13mm sockets, as a spanner or wrench will not fit in the hole...

:thumbup: I agree, it's 95% just a raw strong material...Not much engineering to them.

Cortez

Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup: I agree, it's 95% just a raw strong material...Not much engineering to them.

I got and installed mine.
I see no reason for them to cost more then $20/complete set but what
the hey, I paid about $50 on the ebay listing mentioned above, thanks
again for that and here's a shot or three.

p.s. They seem too small to me.

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice!

I know what you mean about their size, but this is the way i see it:

If you lie the bike on it's side you will see that neither the axle or the swing arm actually touch the ground when the bike is on it's side.
This means that in a low speed drop on a flat surface, both these sliders are useless.

Now, i have seen one or two pictures post crash on this forum with really really soft scraping on the axle, because of a low side in a curb at reasonably slow speed, on a bumpy road where the axle was slightly in contact with the road, but i couldn't find a single case of swing arm scraping.

If you where to have a full on crash with axle or swing arm actually scraping hard, i would thing the bike would be sliding very fast at a very weird angle or hitting a curb or something, and i doubt any sliders would really help.

IMO a crash would either be soft enough or "normal" enough that their small size would not hinder their function, or strong enough/ weird enough to negate them completely!

So why did i even put these sliders on? I think they look cool, and i think that if they have any chance to help even a little bit they are worth using...

Here is a pic from the sportsbike forum showing what i mean:

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a pic from the sportsbike forum showing what i mean:

[/QUOTE]

That's assuming the bars stay straight. If the bars turn which they will plus throw in a little bit of camber. The axel can very easily hit the ground. I thought that they were a gimmick until I came off a roundabout on spilled pea gravel doing about 35 mph.
pusymy7y.jpg
well worth getting in my opinion.

Nelly

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a drop out this time last year the rh side slider has a nice angle ground into it that would have been frame and tank
There is on Allen head bolt on the bottom of the cover on the rh side of the motor that got a slight scuff, the swing arm and grab bars and pod- nothing!

The slider on the front fork got a scrape and the Barnend as well if there were no sliders - more damage than I would have thought possible considering I couldn't have gone more than 20 feet before I lost it on an icy clay covered road

I LIKE SLIDERS! CRASH BUTTONS,OGGY KNOBS whatever you wanna call them
CANT HURT ON A LOW SPEED DROP. imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now it would appear to work beautifully thx TT and Dennis

Cortez

Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't try to put the bike down or crash to experiment with this, but I
also figured there's no way the axle guards can do anything, but I bought
them cheap and I like the way they look so I put them on.

Thanks for the posts above!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I also like the look of them. For the money it can't hurt having them.

Nelly

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

v4rick

Reaction score
Visit site
Following a good friend and good rider on his brand new Street Triple, hit gravel on a curve. He went down, so did I. About a 40 MPH low-side. Neither of us hurt as we both were in full gear, but his bike was totaled. Shattered engine cases, tank, bars, exhaust, wheels, frame all scratched up. My 2005 FZ had a cracked plastic side cover, scratched bar end, and a scraped up frame slider. Sanded and painted the bar end, replaced the $89.00 cover, kept the scraped slider. I'd say the 80 bucks were worth it.

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
Was that just with a single frame slider, or did you have the axle/swingarm bobbins on as well?

Druff

Reaction score
Visit site
Previous owner dropped the bike so I'm slowly repairing the scratches, frame sliders are on my list of mods as they would have a avoided most of the damage!

Taz3

Reaction score
Visit site
Read some great opinions, and I think I'll get the whole set (frame, axle, fork). But I've seen some back and forth on quality/where to buy... The Motovation's seem a bit pricey, but I want to make sure that if I spend the money, I get top quality for it. What's the best quality for the price? Preferably something made in Canada or US or Europe. Do you know if anyone sells like a kit, including all the sliders (frame, axle, fork)? And lastly... colour choices? Hehehe, the ego has to be sated too! Bike's red and black, so I'd prefer either gold or red sliders, but black will suffice if no one finds any others. I've only found white and black so far (on OES's site) and black on Motovation's site.

Thanks!

04FZSick

Reaction score
Visit site

dbldutch02

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I dropped my bike yesterday (on a slope, in neutral, on sidestand - it rolled forward), (short) crash bung took the bulk of it, slight scratch on the crank case, slight scratch on the mirror - I recommend them!