• yes - they have not touched the ground

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 64 23.2%

• Total voters

Z3R0_zhift

Reaction score
Visit site
I recommend to get an engine guard cover and frame sliders. I dropped my bike before on stationary as there was an oil slick. Forgot to place my sidestand up when releasing from the main stand. A bit of scuffs and nuffs.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have ones at the moment, but I heard good things and bad things (like our friend that crashed sometime ago and the frame slider totalled the frame).

"V"

Yup, mixed review, the 2-piece frame sliders are really good.

Street Bikes Unlimited Engraved Frame Sliders - 2WheelPros.com

My bike was dropped by two POs once on each side and yesterday, as they grind off in case of a fall/slide and keep minimal damage to the frame or fairings.
I got the chance to get them replaced, with CF ones, No problem with the frame, one bolt is bent a bit and started corroding, but no overall damage. The rubber got a lot of rashes.

Hope, I don't need to replace my frame sliders ever.

IMG_0912.jpg
IMG_0913.jpg
IMG_0915.jpg

there are the 2-piece ones:
IMG_0925.jpg
IMG_0926.jpg

Last edited:

catzo

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine came with frame sliders put on by the first owner. 2 piece ones. Theyre not as far out from the bike as most of the other pics ive seen on this thread. Theyve got some scratches on them but nothing big enough to indicate it was dropped.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The longer ones can bend if the bolt is poor quality. This can add extra stress to the frame.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
My FZ6 & Sprint came with frame sliders. Used them twice on my Sprint. Slow speed sideways slopes seem to get me. Slight scratch on lower faring and cover on my saddlebag was scratched/chipped (hit the curb I was trying to ride along). Cover was easily replaced. I bought frame sliders from Woodcraft. After talking with Eric Wood (owner/designer for WoodCraft) I got the longer two piece ones. This design is super cool because the inner bolt won't get scraped on impact and less likely to bend. Also, the outer pucks are easy to replace if they are used. The pucks attach from the side so no grinding on pavement when going down. Hopefully, that will never happen but if it does, theses should protect my tank, etc. (as this is a naked bike - no fairings to get scratched up). Woodcraft makes products mostly for racing (they sponsor a friend of mine) but they work for the street too,