First "real" bike

derek533

Reaction score
Visit site
My first real bike was a Suzuki Marauder. My 2nd bike has been my Fz6. If I had known now what I knew then, I would have skipped directly to the Fz6. It really is the perfect first bike for a new street rider. Yes it's scary fast, but only if you get the revs up. If you're just cruising town and the tach never broaches 6K, it's as gentle as can be and super comfortable as well as easy to maneuver. The brakes are good, the suspension is good, and the seating position is darn near perfect. I can't recommend it enough.

Speaking of which, why in the heck did Yammy feel the need to scratch this bike off. The Fz6R is no where near the same bike.

Dry Martini

Reaction score
Visit site
Speaking of which, why in the heck did Yammy feel the need to scratch this bike off. The Fz6R is no where near the same bike.

So they could use the word, "new" in the ads, an I suspect that by adding the full fairing, they could achieve more sales from the "Ricky racer" crowd. :rolleyes:

This space intentionally left blank.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
I consider the FZ8 & FZ8 Fazer as the true successor to the FZ6. I don't count the FZ6R.

The reason I think this is the FZ6 was last produced in 2009 and the FZ8 was first produced in 2010.

blue.jpg

Last edited:

Love@FirstRide

Reaction score
Visit site
I consider the FZ8 & FZ8 Fazer as the true successor to the FZ6. I don't count the FZ6R.

The reason I think this is the FZ6 was last produced in 2009 and the FZ8 was first produced in 2010.

blue.jpg

I have to say i think the fz7 is the replacement for the fz6 and the fz8 being the next level?

i mean i guess the fz6r is less then the fz7

:eek: now i get it the FZ6 was too good at too many things so Yamaha broke it up into a few bikes?

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
The 6r in all respects is a downgrade, it lost 30hp some torque and got extremely fat. That is a one off bike. I remember reading about it thinking why it was such a step backwards. The 09 is a completely different animal as it shares absolutely nothing with its kin folk. I would say the fz8n is, in a way.