• Total voters

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
twice, a drop in the drive way and one in the back yard, most embarrassing but the damage to the engine covers would have been way worse. I dont care that they have a scrape on the RH side. They have proven invaluable.
Yep totally agree they should be a stock part

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In my opinion sliders should come stock... they are way cheaper than any plastic fairing on any bike and they are worth every penny.. Its my first mod on any bike...

Unless they were built into / attached to the frame in several spots vs most current, aftermarket ONE BOLT into the engine block, thru the frame, they'd be pulled off in a NY minute..

Plastic is cheaper than a frame or engine block should it snap off on a moving slide/crash. :Sport:

As a lot of drops are from physically just moving the bike about the garage/etc, to prevent any unnecessary tip overs, a suggestion:

Keep the kick stand down and extended. Move to the right side of the bike and do your manueavering from there. Should you loose your balance/footing and the bike gets away from you to the left, the kick stand will keep it up (no pun intended) :)

You now, just have to concentrate on keeping it from falling on the right side, where YOU ARE, with considerably more leverage to keep it up...

Last edited:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I installed frame sliders at 50 miles on the bike!

They have saved it from damage on one parking lot tip over and 1 slow speed (7mph) spill when I hit gravel while making a 90 degree turn leaving a stoplight under throttle. the only damage to the bike from that spill was a scuff on the edge of the fairing (touch up paint to the rescue) and a tiny scuff on the bottom of the engine casing (touch up paint to the rescue). :thumbup:

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
Unless they were built into / attached to the frame in several spots vs most current, aftermarket ONE BOLT into the engine block, thru the frame, they'd be pulled off in a NY minute..

Plastic is cheaper than a frame or engine block should it snap off on a moving slide/crash. :Sport:

As a lot of drops are from physically just moving the bike about the garage/etc, to prevent any unnecessary tip overs, a suggestion:

Keep the kick stand down and extended. Move to the right side of the bike and do your manueavering from there. Should you loose your balance/footing and the bike gets away from you to the left, the kick stand will keep it up (no pun intended) :)

You now, just have to concentrate on keeping it from falling on the right side, where YOU ARE, with considerably more leverage to keep it up...

If you're moving your bike forward with the kickstand extended and loose your grip to the left, the down-forward movement will put the kickstand back up. The FZ6 is a really light bike, I have a VTR1000f that is a lot heavier. Frame slider did their part more than enough times to make their moneys worth... I still got sliders on my FZ6. I installed them two days ago..:rockon:

Jon

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
If you're moving your bike forward with the kickstand extended and loose your grip to the left, the down-forward movement will put the kickstand back up. The FZ6 is a really light bike

+1. Although I disagree that the FZ6 is a really light bike. Compared to my old Ninja 250, this bike is HEAVY. Compared to a lot of bigger bikes and cruisers, yes it is light.

When I bought my bike second-hand, it already had frame sliders installed. I have dropped it at a few times and while the sliders didn't prevent all damage, they limited it to a few scratches and bent levers/pegs.

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
+1. Although I disagree that the FZ6 is a really light bike. Compared to my old Ninja 250, this bike is HEAVY. Compared to a lot of bigger bikes and cruisers, yes it is light.

When I bought my bike second-hand, it already had frame sliders installed. I have dropped it at a few times and while the sliders didn't prevent all damage, they limited it to a few scratches and bent levers/pegs.

Your right.. I like I said I still got slider for my Fz6.... :D

the 250 ninja is a lot heavier than my old honda 125cc (very first bike) I have to say that the fz6 is very well balanced. +1 for the mufflers together under seat.. :thumbup:

Cortez

Reaction score
Visit site

It's not only that it's heavy, it's top heavy.. which is the worst kind of heavy.
It feels considerably heavier then my ex Kawasaki ER6F (Ninja 650) which was
actually about the same weight.

Still off topic but.. try moving around a Honda NC700S or 700X.. it's almost
100lbs more then the FZ6 and you'd swear it's the other way around.
Mass centralization FTW.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're moving your bike forward with the kickstand extended and loose your grip to the left, the down-forward movement will put the kickstand back up. The FZ6 is a really light bike, I have a VTR1000f that is a lot heavier. Frame slider did their part more than enough times to make their moneys worth... I still got sliders on my FZ6. I installed them two days ago..:rockon:

Jon

The bike needs to tilted to the right side some as that's the side your on. I've done this with my old FJR (considerable heavier) and my old Goldwing, (even heavier), NEVER DROPPED either.

Moving it with the kick stand up, your chances of dropping it is 50 % higher...
Its your choice, just a tip..

Moving the FZ feels half as heavy as pushing the wing or FJR about...

Last edited:

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
The bike needs to tilted to the right side some as that's the side your on. I've done this with my old FJR (considerable heavier) and my old Goldwing, (even heavier), NEVER DROPPED either.

Moving it with the kick stand up, your chances of dropping it is 50 % higher...
Its your choice, just a tip..

Moving the FZ feels half as heavy as pushing the wing or FJR about...

I know what you mean.... But like I said earlier. responding to the original question. Frame sliders do their part. The 1st and only time I've dropped my vtr1000 it was on the left side with the kick stand down and if it wasnt for the slider my cans and side fairings would been trashed. I have a buddy that drops his goldwing all the time.. At leas once a week. In my opinion.... The best way to move a bike is with you sitting on it period.

Jon

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a buddy that drops his goldwing all the time.. At leas once a week. In my opinion.... The best way to move a bike is with you sitting on it period.

Maybe your buddy needs a FZ6 :BLAA:

I purchased my frame slidder....I shall install them this weekend. Thanks for all the insight!!

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe your buddy needs a FZ6 :BLAA:

I purchased my frame slidder....I shall install them this weekend. Thanks for all the insight!!

He rode mine and fell in love.. His gold wind doesnt look that bad.. the foot pegs and pipes are a little scratched at the bottom thats about it.. :D

Peace :thumbup:

D

Dave.TX

One day you'll park your bike in a nondescript area, go eat your lunch or whatever, then come back out and find your bike lying on the ground. A moron decided they wanted to sit on it and have a friend take a pic then knocked it over and left. Stupid stuff like that happens.

I had Motovation sliders on my FZ6 though it was never down while I owned it. Just added protection that doesn't cost much or add hardly any weight to your bike. Skip eating a double-Mc-cheese burger and you'll see the same weight savings. The bike is already 450 pounds, not a lightweight so a few more ounces ain't gonna hurt.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Frame sliders are well worth the money. I low sided my R6 last year and they did their job and helped protect my Arrow Ti exhaust.

Don't bother with cheap ones, buy good ones as you want them to work when required.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One day you'll park your bike in a nondescript area, go eat your lunch or whatever, then come back out and find your bike lying on the ground. A moron decided they wanted to sit on it and have a friend take a pic then knocked it over and left. Stupid stuff like that happens.

I had Motovation sliders on my FZ6 though it was never down while I owned it. Just added protection that doesn't cost much or add hardly any weight to your bike. Skip eating a double-Mc-cheese burger and you'll see the same weight savings. The bike is already 450 pounds, not a lightweight so a few more ounces ain't gonna hurt.

Good point Dave. My Tuono was about 5 months old and I noticed a broken turn signal. Looked closer and some dumbass had knocked my bike over. It has frame, axle and bar sliders, they did their job and protected the exhaust and case cover and fairing.

LFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Frame sliders are well worth the money. I low sided my R6 last year and they did their job and helped protect my Arrow Ti exhaust.

Don't bother with cheap ones, buy good ones as you want them to work when required.

Which ones would you recommend?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Been on the forum many years and MAYBE 5-6 guys have had frame breakage due to sliders vs the MANY that have had good experiences. No brainer.....