Feelers for a 2009 New England Meet (Pick ALL dates you're available.)

2009 New England Meet availability?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
3 and a half hours farther, closer or total?:D

:eek: Sorry, farther away. ;) Brattleboro is at the southern end of VT and Burlington, at the northern end next to Lake Champlain.

I am confident we can fill an entire Sat. with a loop of great roads to end up back in Brattleboro. That is a more central location to a lot of folks wishing to come to this meet. :thumbup:

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in for a VT weekend. I have a buddy that lives at Sugarbush so I could stay with him. Hmmm, now that I think of it, I have two other friends that have condos in the same complex but don't live there. I could see if they might be willing to rent them to us for the weekend. Whadyathink?

Plus we could maybe hit up Tricia Road in NY????

bushboarder

moved on up
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in for a VT weekend. I have a buddy that lives at Sugarbush so I could stay with him. Hmmm, now that I think of it, I have two other friends that have condos in the same complex but don't live there. I could see if they might be willing to rent them to us for the weekend. Whadyathink?

Aahhh, Sugarbush. Beautiful place, I used to own a condo there. Unfortunately, business has me too busy and had to sell it. Anyway, Rt 100 would make for some nice riding. The Hyde Away is a great place for food/drinks. Enjoy!

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site

Sounds sweet to me if your friends are willing to rent to a bunch of (goodnatured?) strangers.

I know a Tracy Rd in NY - are we talking same road, different name here or is there another fantastic road in NY I'm missing out on? Hitting Tracy Rd from VT conveniently makes RT17 in VT easy to include and it also has some good sections.

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Aahhh, Sugarbush. Beautiful place, I used to own a condo there. Unfortunately, business has me too busy and had to sell it. Anyway, Rt 100 would make for some nice riding. The Hyde Away is a great place for food/drinks. Enjoy!

Based on your screen name I guess you've ridden a bit there! For about ten years we rented a place right up the hill from the Tavern (now the Smokehouse or something). Been snowboarding the rock for years!

bushboarder

moved on up
Reaction score
Visit site
Based on your screen name I guess you've ridden a bit there! For about ten years we rented a place right up the hill from the Tavern (now the Smokehouse or something). Been snowboarding the rock for years!
Haha good observation on the screen name. Been riding there for 15 years. Nowhere else compares(on the east coast anyways).

neshi

Reaction score
www.eztechnow.com
Im in for a bear mountain run in August!

Good ride from NYC

Good day of riding starting to love it!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Since I am not familiar with the area, I am hoping that someone who often rides the VT roads can help plan a loop starting and ending in Brattleboro.

We are looking for technical roads, adequate fueling places, scenery, great places to eat and the least amount of traffic.

I've been getting some ideas and started planning a route. But, I am open for options and would really like to hear about your favorite roads or routes. If you have any routes in Garmin GPS format, that would be a great benefit.

Thanks!

-Eric

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Folks, I may have a commitment for the 29th that I will not be able to get out of. We currently have a tie for the 15th and 29th though. This is work related and falls during our monthly maintenance window for servers. The 15th is safe though.

If no one objects, I'd like to call this for the 15th so we can start further planning now. At this point, we can all find a place to stay in or around Brattleboro, VT and the route will fall into place soon. I'll have a GPS edition of it to upload.

Thoughts? Concerns? Comments? I'm hoping that some that opted for the 29th can instead make the 15th! It's shaping up to be a bigger run than the Mt. Washington trip. :D I hope Anthony has a trouble free trip up this time!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Folks, I may have a commitment for the 29th that I will not be able to get out of. We currently have a tie for the 15th and 29th though. This is work related and falls during our monthly maintenance window for servers. The 15th is safe though.

If no one objects, I'd like to call this for the 15th so we can start further planning now. At this point, we can all find a place to stay in or around Brattleboro, VT and the route will fall into place soon. I'll have a GPS edition of it to upload.

Thoughts? Concerns? Comments? I'm hoping that some that opted for the 29th can instead make the 15th! It's shaping up to be a bigger run than the Mt. Washington trip. :D I hope Anthony has a trouble free trip up this time!

Anyone want to look for a huge room/suite that can sleep a lot of people and split it? everyone hung out in one room last time until really late anyway.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone want to look for a huge room/suite that can sleep a lot of people and split it? everyone hung out in one room last time until really late anyway.

So long as you don't spoon. :eek: :D

Sounds like a good plan! I'm going to start looking around for assorted places. :thumbup: