Feelers for a 2009 New England Meet (Pick ALL dates you're available.)

2009 New England Meet availability?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
From what our calendar says the 9th is the only day that we can't do. the other days are good for me. Unless Keira has anything else planned that is not on the calendar!

Nope, I do not, although the last weekend in August I will hopefully be getting myself ready for a new job (clothes, hanging with the baby, etc).

Also, Eric, do you know that your dates are all Sundays and rain dates are all Mondays? Don't know if you did that on purpose, but I know a lot of people won't be able to do a Monday if it gets delayed....

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nope, I do not, although the last weekend in August I will hopefully be getting myself ready for a new job (clothes, hanging with the baby, etc).

Also, Eric, do you know that your dates are all Sundays and rain dates are all Mondays? Don't know if you did that on purpose, but I know a lot of people won't be able to do a Monday if it gets delayed....

Ooops! Folks, these are all supposed to be Saturdays and a rain date for the immediate Sunday. I'll see if I can change this poll. I was using my Linux box to post that and forget that the calendar on it starts on Mondays and not Sundays! Thanks Keira!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok folks, the dates are edited to reflect a Sat ride and a Sun rain date! Thank you Keira!

Thus far, the 15th shows the most available people.

The link Eric put up for the motorcycle roads has a couple of really nice looking routes!

I'm beginning to think that Brattleboro would be a more ideal place to meet for the weekend and ride out from there? Make this an all VT tour? One of the loops covers several roads that people always talk about AND includes a Ben & Jerry's factory stop?!?! ;)

Talk it up folks!

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok folks, the dates are edited to reflect a Sat ride and a Sun rain date! Thank you Keira!

Thus far, the 16th shows the most available people.

The link Eric put up for the motorcycle roads has a couple of really nice looking routes!

I'm beginning to think that Brattleboro would be a more ideal place to meet for the weekend and ride out from there? Make this an all VT tour? One of the loops covers several roads that people always talk about AND includes a Ben & Jerry's factory stop?!?! ;)

Talk it up folks!

sounds good to me! I like riding AND Ice Cream!!!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a thought... There's quite a few very nice roads to hit between Brattleboro and Burlington, with one of the best being slightly east and north of Burlington.

Would anyone be interested in an all day run that started in Brattleboro and ended in Burlington? Looking at the GPS mapping a route and I can see about 8 hours of great riding that winds throughout VT. The problem is, it leaves no time to get back to the start point. Thus, we'd pack up and actually stay in Burlington. Sunday, folks would depart from there. It's a stretch so I thought I'd throw it out here for input. I can understand if it's not attractive.

There's still a lot of great roads in the southern half of the state and we can loop back to the start point after a good hard day of riding.

Comments? Suggestions?

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a thought... There's quite a few very nice roads to hit between Brattleboro and Burlington, with one of the best being slightly east and north of Burlington.

Would anyone be interested in an all day run that started in Brattleboro and ended in Burlington? Looking at the GPS mapping a route and I can see about 8 hours of great riding that winds throughout VT. The problem is, it leaves no time to get back to the start point. Thus, we'd pack up and actually stay in Burlington. Sunday, folks would depart from there. It's a stretch so I thought I'd throw it out here for input. I can understand if it's not attractive.

There's still a lot of great roads in the southern half of the state and we can loop back to the start point after a good hard day of riding.

Comments? Suggestions?

That sounds good to me Eric. If you are planning to come down to the southern part of VT did you look up a way to get Route 2 in there?

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
Count me in for any of the 3 week ends in august. I would love to meet you guys for some fun riding in VT.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site

Comments? Suggestions?

I like the idea but it may be hard to find lots of places to stay in Aug that will do one-night reservations on a weekend.

interactive3

FZ6 Rider
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Berkshires (Great Barrington?) to Bear Mountian sounds enticing to me. So does a ride to Burlington VT or a ride through NH to the Maine coastline.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have no problems riding fully loaded and staying in Burlington, just would have to figure out the babysitting situation for an overnight (2 night) trip if that is the case.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's just a possibility but Scott is right... it may be difficult to get places this time of the year for a one-night stay. Plus, driving all loaded down for everyone would just be a bit of a burden.

I'd like to keep it as a two night stay in or around Brattleboro and run a day loop back to the starting point. Any objections?

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
I just realized that I can't do that 8-9th do to a business picnic (which I organized DUH)

That leaves me open for the 15-16th.

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the idea of a Saturday night stay in Burlington to hit the Adirondacks on the way south on Sunday morning.. but if others prefer a loop, that works for me too!

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Feelers for a 2009 New England Meet

First two choices better for me since I am not working. I'm scheduled to work the other weekends. If you choose one of the weekends that I can't and it is enough in advance I may be able to switch. Day trip also better for me in general. Thanks for organizing this Eric!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How much farther away from home will teh sleepover put me?

3 hrs and 3 minutes if you slab it Anthony. I'm thinking a southern loop would be a great idea. I'll get to work on a couple possible routes.

Looking like the 15th or the end of the month folks!