Does Your Bike Have A Name?

Whirlygirl

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay... maybe it's just a girl thing, but I don't think so... So, what do you affectionately call your bike, if anything? Mine started out as "Dimples", because of the little dent on the top of the gas tank when I bought it. But she's now become "Rosie the Rocket", or just "Rosie"... I must admit, I have given names to most of my vehicles over the years. Is this odd? Do I need therapy?

Tell me your bike's name and make me feel better!!!

Cheers,
Crystal

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay... maybe it's just a girl thing, but I don't think so... So, Do I need therapy?

Cheers,
Crystal
No, but your bike might need therapy. Now, as for my bike's name: "FZ" (maybe short for "Fuzz"?) Seriously, no, I haven't name her (but she is female as are ships, etc.)

J

jsteinb95

I can honestly say that I have never named any of my vehicles, including my bike. I think there are a few doctors on the forum. j/k ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
"the FZ" :thumbup:

EDIT - my good friend bought a silver SV650S last night and has already narrowed it down to Sophia or Silvia....he'll talk about his reasoning for a half hour if you let him. His last bike, a black GS500E, was named "black betty" or just "betty"....lol

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
You have to time your rides. They go faster..... For instance I ride "Sasha" every night ;) All my bike and cars have had names. Good luck naming yours

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay... maybe it's just a girl thing, but I don't think so... So, what do you affectionately call your bike, if anything? Mine started out as "Dimples", because of the little dent on the top of the gas tank when I bought it. But she's now become "Rosie the Rocket", or just "Rosie"... I must admit, I have given names to most of my vehicles over the years. Is this odd? Do I need therapy?

Cheers,
Crystal
Hi Whirly,
You don't need therapy, my bike is called "Norman"

Nelly

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One of my co-workers had a classic Triumph with a custom paint job of Don Quixote riding his donkey. I thought it was cool because he would call his bike "Rosinante".

My fz6 does not have name yet, anyone have cool suggestions for the blue one?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
lol....where did you come up with that?

sorry...I didn't mean to laugh (hehe) ;)
Well two things really, the first was after a great English comedian called Norman Wisdom. He often played a clumsy gentle romantic role and the second is because of "Stormin Norman" great US general. He really had a big personality and the ability toget the job done. So I reckon those personality traits fit the FZ6 quite well.

Nelly

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
nope, my bike doesnt have a name....

she is a chick though. its hotter that way.

Sweet.... girl on girl....

btw my bike is called "the FZ" as opposed to "the SV". as in What bike are you taking?

The FZ....

or

The SV (hurts my back, so that is never the answer)

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
i call my bike baby, and i say to it in a whisper everytime i park her, i say, dont worry baby, my wife wont get between us. /chuckle

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No name really but definitely a girl.......

cause I won't ride a guy. :p