Custom Power Commander maps

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
Another thing I am curious to see is if anyone tried closed loop adjustments first (cO), and then dyno tuned? My bike the cO was both at 0. I bumped them up to around 20, but did not notice much difference. I will be getting the bike back tomorrow after it has been properly tuned (with power commander and cO back to 0) and will definitely upload graphs for you guys.

GlockDoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Another thing I am curious to see is if anyone tried closed loop adjustments first (cO), and then dyno tuned? My bike the cO was both at 0. I bumped them up to around 20, but did not notice much difference. I will be getting the bike back tomorrow after it has been properly tuned (with power commander and cO back to 0) and will definitely upload graphs for you guys.

Sweet. definitely let us know how it turns out.

GlockDoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Added Wildcard's map. Anyone else? I'd really like to see some from locations that aren't so near sea level just to see how much difference there is.

GlockDoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Hellgate sent me his map with permission to "Hang it" if I so dersired. :D
Much leaner map than others I've seen, but seems to work well for my altitude.
(3250' or so above sea level)

He also included his dyno charts. Pretty impressive looking to me. He said it was done on an Eddy dyno and that the numbers would be 15-17% lower than from a Dynojet. Graph shows some pretty nice gains.

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
what year is your bike? That sounds like user "Hellgate" old PC3 map. If you are 2007+ and you use Soviet's map, you'll want to zero out the regions mentioned or the fuel trims will cancel it out (and maybe cause the ECU to shift the other points).

With a 2007+ you are stuck with stock fueling in that range (not necc. a bad thing) however the feedback should have corrected for any gross changes in fuel anyway.

Can you please post your current map up? (I have a 2008 and would love to see it)

Yup, that's my map.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hellgate sent me his map with permission to "Hang it" if I so dersired. :D
Much leaner map than others I've seen, but seems to work well for my altitude.
(3250' or so above sea level)

He also included his dyno charts. Pretty impressive looking to me. He said it was done on an Eddy dyno and that the numbers would be 15-17% lower than from a Dynojet. Graph shows some pretty nice gains.

Please rename the file, don't want my full name on the web, thanks!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I knew those comments looked familiar. Can you elaborate one what fuel you were running (octane rating and if it was oxygenated and/or blended with ethanol?)

Pump Super on that dyno run, usually I run mid-grade. The PC3 doesn't change the timing, only fuel delivery so just run what the OM recommends.

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking for a map just for KN air filter mod.
Everything else is stock on the bike.

Low end torque is important for me.

Is it better to use stock map?
What do you advice?

Fazil

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
just downloaded the zip files for PCIII maps, particularly Wildcards map seeing this would be the closest match to my '07 FZ6. I will try to load the map tonight and if the weather is permissible I will ride tomorrow to see how the new map works (performance increase, fuel consumption, etc.) Will update how it goes, wish me and my baby luck.
A ton of thanks to all those who graciously donated their maps, 'coz there's not much to choose from the PC website.
One of these days, I'll get mine dyno'd (financially speaking) and will likewise donate the map. Until then, many thanks again.

Ares

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
alright, it's been raining alot here by me. I did go out the following day after installing the new map and noticed immediately the difference, but didn't get the chance to push the FZ6 a little harder. Needless to say it took me a little longer, but after the rain settled down I did go out again.
Acceleration is quicker and crisp from any gear. I was running my PCIII without any maps before and now my bike rocks :rockon: It's almost she's a completely new bike all together, sort of taking home the nice girl home to meet the parents and at the same time she (FZ6) can take you for a naughty ride all night long, LOL. :spank:
Thank you to those all who donated so much.

Ares

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
alright, it's been raining alot here by me. I did go out the following day after installing the new map and noticed immediately the difference, but didn't get the chance to push the FZ6 a little harder. Needless to say it took me a little longer, but after the rain settled down I did go out again.
Acceleration is quicker and crisp from any gear. I was running my PCIII without any maps before and now my bike rocks :rockon: It's almost she's a completely new bike all together, sort of taking home the nice girl home to meet the parents and at the same time she (FZ6) can take you for a naughty ride all night long, LOL. :spank:
Thank you to those all who donated so much.

Ares

Glad that's working out for you and GlockDoc is the one to thank. He got this started and made the time and space to get these maps available.

Cliff

smrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone have or know of an exsisting map that works well on a 2007
with an aftermarket exhaust, cat removed, airbox mod with a K&N filter.

eberry2001

Reaction score
Visit site
im looking for a custom map for my 2006 FZ6. I have a leo Vance SBK alluminum, aftermarket Filter (Tejima). Is there different maps for baffles in and baffles out?? Im in Houston Texas if that makes a difference as well. Getting a PC3 USB here in a few days and wanna get my ducks in a row. Thanks

seansi

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking to see if anyone, or everyone :thumbup:, would be willing to share their custom maps. I have the pc III usb installed on my 05 FZ6 with TB exhaust and used the Leo/stock or mod filter map, but it runs rich. I can't afford to get it dyno tuned right now. Plus I'm real curious to look at some of these maps and see how the adjustments compare to the base maps you can download from Dynojet.

If I can get my hands on several maps I would even be interested in hosting a database of them with screenshots of the maps, the map file, list of mods on the bike the map was made for, location, and credit to the person who shared.

Update 7/8/09

Maps that have been shared so far are posted as .zip files here or you can go to the temp site listed below.

Dynojet PCIII custom map files for the Yamaha FZ6

If I get more I will add them. I just wanted to do something quick to get them hosted somewhere. It will work for now until I see if it will be worth the effort to do a real .com site.

Special Thanks to nccoder and SovietRobot for getting the ball rolling.

If you have one to share post the zip file or you can send it to [email protected]

Does anyone still have these maps?
The hyperlink isn't working anymore