Custom Power Commander maps

GlockDoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking to see if anyone, or everyone :thumbup:, would be willing to share their custom maps. I have the pc III usb installed on my 05 FZ6 with TB exhaust and used the Leo/stock or mod filter map, but it runs rich. I can't afford to get it dyno tuned right now. Plus I'm real curious to look at some of these maps and see how the adjustments compare to the base maps you can download from Dynojet.

If I can get my hands on several maps I would even be interested in hosting a database of them with screenshots of the maps, the map file, list of mods on the bike the map was made for, location, and credit to the person who shared.

Update 7/8/09

Maps that have been shared so far are posted as .zip files here or you can go to the temp site listed below.

Dynojet PCIII custom map files for the Yamaha FZ6

If I get more I will add them. I just wanted to do something quick to get them hosted somewhere. It will work for now until I see if it will be worth the effort to do a real .com site.

Special Thanks to nccoder and SovietRobot for getting the ball rolling.

If you have one to share post the zip file or you can send it to [email protected]

Last edited:

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
I've found the leovince map to run lean for my setup.

I'm running a custom dynotuned map I downloaded from someone on the SBN forum, and it runs great. It's setup for TB exhaust, K&N or BMC air filter, and decat pipe.

It's a lot richer than the leovince map, but it runs a million times better.
I'll post it if you want it.

GlockDoc

Reaction score
Visit site
I've found the leovince map to run lean for my setup.

I'm running a custom dynotuned map I downloaded from someone on the SBN forum, and it runs great. It's setup for TB exhaust, K&N or BMC air filter, and decat pipe.

It's a lot richer than the leovince map, but it runs a million times better.
I'll post it if you want it.

That would be great. I an interested to see how the maps differ.

tuningfork

Reaction score
Visit site
A hosting of the maps (esp. ones people have had custom-tuned) sounds like a great idea. You'll want to get all the info about them though (ie year of bike, specific mods, fuel octane/region, miles on the bike, etc.)

GlockDoc

Reaction score
Visit site
A hosting of the maps (esp. ones people have had custom-tuned) sounds like a great idea. You'll want to get all the info about them though (ie year of bike, specific mods, fuel octane/region, miles on the bike, etc.)

Yeah, I think it would be a great resource. I did not think about the fuel octane, but that would be good info to have. The more info the better. Would also like to know if there were any CO adjustments. I have wondered how much effect they will have when dynotunning the PCIII.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the map for the 2 Bros. and K&N with airbox mod. This bike (an 06) was tuned using 91 octane.

Cliff

Last edited:

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
This is sweet idea. I have a scorpion exhaust and a K&N filter on my 08. I use 87 octane fuel and live in Buffalo. I downloaded the scorpion exhaust with stock/aftermarket filter map from Dynojet. I would love to try out other maps for a similar config.

-Manas.

tuningfork

Reaction score
Visit site
cool! it's very easy to us the PC3 software to see the mapping differences, use the "tools" to map compare...you can pull in multiple files and if you click on the TPS range it will plot out any differences.

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow. looking at the differences of these maps its crazy. Im getting my bike dynoed in an hour or so. I'll put on that map you uploaded soviet. I have 2 bros, bmc, and cat delete. should be interesting to see. I went to the track friday night with a map that came on my pciii that i bought from maknouchi. Here is what the notes said in that map: "2007 Yamaha FZ6 USA Model (REAL REDLINE IS 13,600 LIMITER)
No oxygen sensor emulator, runs on closed loop to 20% throttle and 6500 rpm, changes below these values make no difference"

tuningfork

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow. looking at the differences of these maps its crazy. Im getting my bike dynoed in an hour or so. I'll put on that map you uploaded soviet. I have 2 bros, bmc, and cat delete. should be interesting to see. I went to the track friday night with a map that came on my pciii that i bought from maknouchi. Here is what the notes said in that map: "2007 Yamaha FZ6 USA Model (REAL REDLINE IS 13,600 LIMITER)
No oxygen sensor emulator, runs on closed loop to 20% throttle and 6500 rpm, changes below these values make no difference"

what year is your bike? That sounds like user "Hellgate" old PC3 map. If you are 2007+ and you use Soviet's map, you'll want to zero out the regions mentioned or the fuel trims will cancel it out (and maybe cause the ECU to shift the other points).

With a 2007+ you are stuck with stock fueling in that range (not necc. a bad thing) however the feedback should have corrected for any gross changes in fuel anyway.

Can you please post your current map up? (I have a 2008 and would love to see it)

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
Well this has been an interesting evening. With the map I had on, bike was running pretty lean actually. Decided to leave it at the shop and for $275 guy will completely tune my bike. With the lean map, I hit 91hp and 42tq. Not bad but definitely will increase since it will be getting more fuel.

GlockDoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Well this has been an interesting evening. With the map I had on, bike was running pretty lean actually. Decided to leave it at the shop and for $275 guy will completely tune my bike. With the lean map, I hit 91hp and 42tq. Not bad but definitely will increase since it will be getting more fuel.

91 at the wheel? If so, I'd say that sound pretty good.

How was he reading the "lean" condition? o2 sensor in the tail pipe?

GlockDoc

Reaction score
Visit site
My original post has been edited to include the address where I have temporarily hosted the files for download.

Dynojet PCIII custom map files for the Yamaha FZ6

If anyone else would like to post there maps, I'd be happy to include them.
Please list as much info about your bike as possible.
year:
mods:
fuel octane you run:
location or altitude you live in might be nice to know.
Dyno results if you have them.

anybody think of anything else?