Dynojet Power Commander maps

Piggy

Reaction score
Visit site
Is there anywhere to find a library for Power Commander maps for the FZ6?

I've seen very old threads about them but all links are no longer working.
From these threads people have obviously worked very hard on them and its a shame to see that work go to waste!

thanks
Piggy

Piggy

Reaction score
Visit site
I
What is the problem you are trying to solve with the PC? Are you running high compression pistons and a high-lift cam?
I'm not sure what high compression pistons and high lift cams have to do with finding a library of powe commander maps.... But no.

I've got a thread going already about my throttle issue.

This is one of the many suggestions people have made which will hope to soften/solve the issue.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There have been a number of incidents documented on this forum where a PC has caused the fuel:air ratio to go lean, resulting in a blown/seized engine. In my opinion a Power Commander can create more problems then they resolve. Moreover, I don’t believe a PC will resolve a snatchy throttle.

Piggy

Reaction score
Visit site
There have been a number of incidents documented on this forum where a PC has caused the fuel:air ratio to go lean, resulting in a blown/seized engine. In my opinion a Power Commander can create more problems then they resolve. Moreover, I don’t believe a PC will resolve a snatchy throttle.
ok. thanks.

so going back to the topic, is there a library of maps???:rolleyes:

Piggy

Reaction score
Visit site
I mean, if you know of the solution to the fz6 mid rpm throttle snatchyness please pray tell... I did have a thread on it but after I've tried everything everyone on there suggests it's gone quiet with no fresh responses

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I mean, if you know of the solution to the fz6 mid rpm throttle snatchyness please pray tell... I did have a thread on it but after I've tried everything everyone on there suggests it's gone quiet with no fresh responses
Dynojet used to have a web site that included maps that correlated with specific mods on bikes but to be truthful, they where selling fuel management devices. Your bike should be tuned on a dyno. Each bike is a little different.
I would say use the Zero map which keeps the bike to it's existing fueling except for it correcting the snatchy throttle which I've heard, does help.
A tune from a known reputable tuner is as expensive and/or more than the unit itself.
Tuning where I live meant the tuner would be violating emission laws if a waiver wasn't given that the bike was strictly for track use. So tuning can and does make a difference but As Gary says it will be less effective without other mods to the mechanicals on the bike. I gained 4 rear wheel horse power on the dyno.
Check out Power commander or Dynojet for possible maps.

Piggy

Reaction score
Visit site
Dynojet used to have a web site that included maps that correlated with specific mods on bikes but to be truthful, they where selling fuel management devices. Your bike should be tuned on a dyno. Each bike is a little different.
I would say use the Zero map which keeps the bike to it's existing fueling except for it correcting the snatchy throttle which I've heard, does help.
A tune from a known reputable tuner is as expensive and/or more than the unit itself.
Tuning where I live meant the tuner would be violating emission laws if a waiver wasn't given that the bike was strictly for track use. So tuning can and does make a difference but As Gary says it will be less effective without other mods to the mechanicals on the bike. I gained 4 rear wheel horse power on the dyno.
Check out Power commander or Dynojet for possible maps.

Honestly couldn't care less about more power, if I managed to get rid of the snatchy throttle mid rpm, mid turn, I'd sacrifice 10% power!

I would happily pay for a decent tune if I could find someone/somewhere willing to supply.

Powercommander/Dynojet is same company afaik and their website doesnt have a list of maps, I don't know why, as they advertise a library of them with the product, feel a bit cheated tbh.

I've dont other mods as per my other thread about the issue, nothing internally to the engine though. Again, not looking for more power, just get rid of this throttle lag which ruins the bike for me currently sadly.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't been on here in years as life has had many turns. I still have the Fizzer and its throttle response snatchiness has been tuned out of it.
Read some of the post in this build thread, some at #83 show the fuel map changes made with wide band sensor into a data logger. That was used to fix the OEM map to eliminate the throttle issue on the S2. https://www.600riders.com/threads/08-fz6-condensed-build-thread-final-impact.51736/page-5

That's the basics... The OEM map really minimizes no load fueling and when back on the throttle it shocks the drivetrain upsetting corner transition with the abruptness it fuels at. I don't know if Bazzaz is even in business anymore and if PC3 fixes it with the right tune. I call it resolved on my 08 S2.

Breathing mods:
Air box opened a little
5.5 degree ignition advance
Colder plugs
Bazzaz fuel controller and data logger
S1 header, catless midpipe, 2 bro exhaust.

Piggy

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't been on here in years as life has had many turns. I still have the Fizzer and its throttle response snatchiness has been tuned out of it.
Read some of the post in this build thread, some at #83 show the fuel map changes made with wide band sensor into a data logger. That was used to fix the OEM map to eliminate the throttle issue on the S2. https://www.600riders.com/threads/08-fz6-condensed-build-thread-final-impact.51736/page-5

That's the basics... The OEM map really minimizes no load fueling and when back on the throttle it shocks the drivetrain upsetting corner transition with the abruptness it fuels at. I don't know if Bazzaz is even in business anymore and if PC3 fixes it with the right tune. I call it resolved on my 08 S2.

Breathing mods:
Air box opened a little
5.5 degree ignition advance
Colder plugs
Bazzaz fuel controller and data logger
S1 header, catless midpipe, 2 bro exhaust.

Thankyou so much for picking up on my issues and replying with the info and your experience.

I've got very similar mods, I intend to book into the UK Dynojet centre for a Dyno tune and do the airbox mod ahead of that.
What plugs did you end up going with?