clutch and synthetic oil help

aquaracer

Reaction score
Visit site
New to bike maintenance and trying to figure this out. I just got a pair of '87 Yamaha FZ600's. One does not run yet. I believe the previous owner fried the starter relay and goofed up the wires after changing out the original fuse box to add a new plastic fuse boxes. The bike that does run does not go over 85 mph. I need to change out the original oil and add synthetic. I also need to get a new clutch and springs. How good are EBC and Vesrah clutch disks? Has anyone used Amsoil synthetic oil in there bike/s? :rolleyes:

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
New to bike maintenance and trying to figure this out. I just got a pair of '87 Yamaha FZ600's. One does not run yet. I believe the previous owner fried the starter relay and goofed up the wires after changing out the original fuse box to add a new plastic fuse boxes. The bike that does run does not go over 85 mph. I need to change out the original oil and add synthetic. I also need to get a new clutch and springs. How good are EBC and Vesrah clutch disks? Has anyone used Amsoil synthetic oil in there bike/s? :rolleyes:

I have had great luck with EBC clutch disks, and brake components too. Granted the bike I put the EBC clutch in was not a high hp bike, they worked great. They had good feel and a nice smooth friction zone.

As for oil, yes Amsoil works great, as do many other brands of synthetic oils. Rotella T synthetic 5w-40 and Mobil 1 15w-50 seem to be popular here too. Just stay away from "SM" rated oils and "energy conserving" labels and your new clutch should stay happy.