2004 FZ6 starts and stalls

dschloe

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi new to the group and new to the fz6 world. Been reading others post about the problem I’m having but not finding answers.

History and what I’ve tried.

2004 with 2203 miles on it.

Bought the bike with a rusty tank and the PO told be it had a clogged injector. He said he had another Fz6 when he bought this one and put the tank from the other bike on this one and rode it for about 20 miles. Switched the tanks back after an attempt of cleaning the tank and one cylinder was running lean so he thought he clogged an injector and shut it down and it sat for awhile before selling it.
I bench tested the injectors and they all sprayed evenly after cleaning them. The inlets were dirty.

I cleaned and sealed the tank

Tested the fuel pump out of the tank and had 36+ psi. Put it in the assembly and in the tank and get 10 psi and that is with a new regulator. I can hold the throttle Wot and after a few cranks I’ll get a burp or two out of the motor. Then release the throttle and it will start run for 20-30seconds then die again. Could the seal in the fuel pump assembly be bad and leaking fuel? Bought a replacement pump and still no start. I have not tested the pressure from the new fuel pump in the tank yet.plan on doing that today.
Do you guys have any ideas on things to check?
Any ideas on seals for the sending unit? I don’t really want to drop 100’s of dollars on a sending unit to maybe have the same problem.
I will check pressure today from the tank again.
Thanks

dschloe

Reaction score
Visit site
Is that 10PSI at the fuel rail?
That was at the tank to the fuel rail. But I found the problem.
Took the fuel pump back out and where the two halves go together the o-ring was bad. The PO had given me another old sending unit so I put that o-ring in and that fixed the issue. Starts and runs properly now.

BrunoPONCET

Reaction score
Visit site
Salut nouveau dans le groupe et nouveau dans le monde fz6. J'ai lu d'autres messages sur le problème que j'ai mais je n'ai pas trouvé de réponses.

Histoire et ce que j'ai essayé.

2004 avec 2203 milles dessus.

J'ai acheté le vélo avec un réservoir rouillé et le PO a dit qu'il avait un injecteur bouché. Il a dit qu'il avait un autre Fz6 quand il a acheté celui-ci et a mis le réservoir de l'autre vélo sur celui-ci et l'a parcouru pendant environ 20 miles. Il a remis les réservoirs en place après une tentative de nettoyage du réservoir et un cylindre fonctionnait maigre, il a donc pensé qu'il avait obstrué un injecteur et l'avait éteint et qu'il était resté assis pendant un certain temps avant de le vendre.
J'ai testé les injecteurs au banc et ils ont tous pulvérisé uniformément après les avoir nettoyés. Les entrées étaient sales.

J'ai nettoyé et scellé le réservoir

Testé la pompe à carburant hors du réservoir et avait 36+ psi. Mettez-le dans l'assemblage et dans le réservoir et obtenez 10 psi et c'est avec un nouveau régulateur. Je peux tenir la manette des gaz Wot et après quelques manivelles, j'obtiendrai un rot ou deux du moteur. Relâchez ensuite l'accélérateur et il commencera à fonctionner pendant 20 à 30 secondes, puis s'éteindra à nouveau. Le joint de l'ensemble de pompe à carburant pourrait-il être défectueux et présenter une fuite de carburant ? J'ai acheté une pompe de remplacement et toujours pas de démarrage. Je n'ai pas encore testé la pression de la nouvelle pompe à carburant dans le réservoir. Prévoyez de le faire aujourd'hui.
Avez-vous des idées sur les choses à vérifier?
Des idées sur les sceaux pour l'unité d'envoi ? Je ne veux pas vraiment dépenser des centaines de dollars sur une unité d'envoi pour avoir peut-être le même problème.
Je vérifierai à nouveau la pression du réservoir aujourd'hui.
Merci

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm taking French lessons.....Nah...Google translate :)

Bienvenue sur notre super forum ! Il y a toujours la possibilité que la pompe à carburant de remplacement soit également défectueuse. Vérifiez la pression de carburant sur la pompe à carburant de remplacement.