• Fully faired baby, woo!

Votes: 32 20.9%

• Total voters

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Was this an Iron Butt or something Pete?

I have had both naked and faired machines. The windscreen comes off the Harley and there are times I will go without it but the wind blast at anything above 60mph makes it way to much work.

I like that black FZ6 with the fly screen. Gives it a serious street fighter look.:thumbup:

Its called being a broke student and only having 10 days for vacation and really wanting to go to LA! Once I got to Phoenix I couldn't sit on my bike for three days! I'll admit, its was a bad idea. When I was driving down I-17 from Flagstaff to PHX I remember the Saguaro Cactus' waving hello to me...I woke up in a hotel on Central, that was 23 years ago before they rebuild downtown, I had to fight the girls for a room...I only had to pay for 7 hours however...what a deal...

The next year my wife and I, then girlfriend, did the same run two up. We stopped somewhere an bought a big, furry, fake sheep skin seat cover. It made all the difference in the world.

We were really dumb...Death Valley in August! :(

d11gla

Reaction score
Visit site
Definitely naked...

DITO

fz63.jpg

H

HavBlue

It ain't got one.But its still beautiful. I've had mine for nearly 5 months now and when I'm unable to ride her due to the weather, I still find myself wondering to the garage just to get a glimpse of her.

:)

It will grow. I still do the wondering part after 4 years and it's not likely to change.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I must admit I love the look of the fully faired one, but I'm still in two minds if its worth the €900.
The 2008 touring model (fully faired with touring windscreen, givi rack and top box) only costs €400 extra on top of the new price, BARGAIN!

Rafael

Reaction score
Visit site
Clothed or Naked - whats your choice? Reply to Thread

I prefer Naked,but I havent seen one in SF bayarea.I want to buy the naked headlight if I can order it thru a dealer.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's like going to a Gentleman's club.... I like it half naked. Fully clothed and completely naked does little for me. I like to imagine the rest.......... oops what are we talking about here again. Sorry my bad.:):Flash::):Flash:

ecurb

Reaction score
Visit site
The simple windscreen that comes standard on the FZ6 sold in the US is the only choice for me. I've owned several naked bikes and always ended up adding a windscreen. But, you gotta show off that engine! Yamaha got it just right. :thumbup:

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I must admit I love the look of the fully faired one, but I'm still in two minds if its worth the €900.
The 2008 touring model (fully faired with touring windscreen, givi rack and top box) only costs €400 extra on top of the new price, BARGAIN!

I was lucky, I got the fairing thrown in.

schumacher62

Reaction score
Visit site
"oooh naked black FZ6"....

i would take the naked. any bike i rode in years past was naked and for the thrill of riding (and knowing nothing different, nor having any other option) it was still a kick in the ass!

enjoy it, there are no regrets in this bike, are there?

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Plenty of people enjoy naked and good luck to them, I'm just getting to the age where I appreciate the protection.

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
It ain't got one.But its still beautiful. I've had mine for nearly 5 months now and when I'm unable to ride her due to the weather, I still find myself wondering to the garage just to get a glimpse of her.

:)

Surely, there can't be many days on Rhodes when the weather is so appalling that can't ride, can there?:confused:

adam6177

Reaction score
Visit site
had a decent 60 mile ride today to hastings and back and again I find myself wishing I had a faired bike.......my brother on his ZZR600 didn't get battered by the wind at all, yet I really struggled.

Am thinking I bought the wrong one!! :confused:

Adam