• Half faired is sweet

Votes: 72 47.1%
  • Fully faired baby, woo!

Votes: 32 20.9%

• Total voters

adam6177

Reaction score
Visit site
Why on earth did you buy a bike without trying it or other one first?! if you're going to be riding flat out all the time with mates on sportsbikes, why even consider a naked bike at all?

I did, I tried an SV, a GSXF, a Hornet and the FZ6....so half faired, fully faired and 2 naked. On the test ride I didn't really notice the wind blast so much. Its only now 2 months into ownership that its bugging me......

sorry, we cant all be perfect!

A

Apomyzitis

Hi everyone and I welcome myself to the forum! :p This has been a burning question for me in the last month, since I decided to go for an FZ6. The moment I saw the white, naked and promiscuous '08 FZ6 S2 with that SEXY red stripe on the fuel tank I knew I had to have it..

However, I wanted later to be able to do a trip or two to Europe (I live in London) and who knows.. maybe even one day reach motherland Greece with my babe (the FZ6 that is) on the other side of Europe, but how would I do that on a naked bike??

Well, bottom line is.. if logic was guiding our lives, we wouldn't be driving 2 wheels, right? So naked it is! Gave the deposit just in time for the 0% finance and eagerly waiting for the 21st of May (sigh)!

..Now I'm looking for a screen that might help keep my head on my shoulders, but then again who cares for comfort when you ride a mean machine like that?

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 !!! Go naked... even if you want to go from London to France to Italy to Greece, you can do that on a naked no problem. It's only like what, 1200 or 1300 miles one way... you can go down in like 2-3 days and back up in 2-3days... I would also make sure to get all the local twisty roads... lots of them in the south of France... and along the Italian coast...

Man I wish I could do that trip right now... that would be sweet and I know quite a few good spots on the way :thumbup:

Now, if the main of your travels will be long trips like that, all over europe, than I would recommend the S model... but if it's just for the occasional vacation and the mileage remains reasonable, then I`d go naked.

ps: welcome here! :) post pics when you get it!

FzPilot

Reaction score
www.borczm.com
I wish mine was the naked version!

Everyone keeps saying how much the fairing protects you from the wind. I disagree. It mainly generates loads of turbulence that is hitting your shoulders and head. Don't believe me? stand up next time you ride to get your head above the turbulent air and you'll see what I mean - smooth and quiet (that's at 80mph)

All I have owned before Fz6 were naked bikes. The windscreen in this bike is definitely good looking but when it comes to functionality it couldn't be worse. I took a ride the other day with the screen removed, what a difference.

I am actually considering going naked with the bike.

The other two options (for now at least) make the screen shorter or much much longer and wider.

Cheers!

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I too have a fair amount of turbulence on the half-faired. Goes away when I tuck, but riding in the upright position was why I got an FZ6. I recently put a Puig racing screen on it, and that moved the tubulence up a bit from mid-shoulder to upper shoulder which is an improvement, but not a total solution. I'm now looking to acquire the Puig touring screen to see what this is like. Kneedraggers said it was on backorder with no ETA -- not sure how to interpret that. Interesting suggestion to try without the windscreen at all.

My first bike was naked, and wind blast above 65mph was intense and tired out my shoulders and neck. I put a big windscreen on it which helped a lot, but created turbulence and side buffeting. Maybe you pick between wind blast and turbulence. Never ridden a fully faired, but it doesn't seem to me that having all the shielding around the engine would much change the turbulence, which seems to be around your chest, not the lower frame of the bike.

JAY

GU, Drive 2hrs start over
Reaction score
Visit site
I completely agree with wavex. Once you get used to it, the wind is almost a non factor until you get to high speeds and riding naked and feeling that wind is what really lets you know you're hauling ass and you get the true riding experiance. That's my 2 cents anyways.

Also, can we get a naked smilie? This one has way too much plastic.:Sport:

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, I'm new to the site and already liking it.

I have an 06 and it has the half fairing on it. I took it off one day to work on something and I have to say I liked the look. I was wondering if there are kits you can get to go street fighter with it?

Ajantis

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not that much into naked bikes, but when I saw FZ6 N I knew it was something magnificent. I usually prefer full fairing over nakeds, but this one is an exception ;)

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw something on EBay for that. it looked kinda sharp. I was thinking of doing it myself wondering if there is any benefit in wind resistance.

-PD

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
When I think of the fz6, I think of a naked street fighter bike. I believe naked is better b/c thats what separates it from the gsxrs, cbrs, zx's etc. with a fairing its just another flashy sportbike going down the road