Caution on these frame sliders

dynamo-acl

Reaction score
Visit site
R&G racing make quality crash bungs but at a price

I had the motrax DHM bungs on my SV1000 I think they were the only part of the bike to survive:spank:

You also get a nice jelly type sticker with them with the message

DOUBLE HARD B******D:cheer:

You can just see it on the subframe of my track bike

newseatgsx1400ericstrackday01040600.jpg

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nelly:

Sorry about your experience. If it is any consolation, I bought some cheep ones on ebay, they looked good, and I kept them on for a number of months, but I just did not feel comfortable with them so I too them off. The look alot like yours but with FZ6 stenciled on them. I also had a problem with torqueing them, it felt mushy so I stopped cause I thought I was going to strip something.

Anyway, when I took them off, the right side bolt was starting to corrode due to trapped water when it rained, so I was glad I took it off.

I'm looking for a quality set this time, and I've seen some with an O-ring on the bolt, I assume to keep the rain water from rusting the treads. Though next time I will use some anti-cease lube to prevent corrosion.

Good luck in finding a good replacement, I will be looking for member suggestions also.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ive had these exact ones for about 2-3 months and also the fork sliders..as has been said previously,they are very light and brittle feeling ..i have no faith in these at all,only buying them as a visual enhancment..my other love is modding my car and learnt a long time ago that putting price before performance can be catastophic..once my disposable income has replenished these small but important details will get my attention

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got R&G on mine and happy with the fit and quality.

Nelly, did you get your money back?
Yep, I got a full no questions asked refund. It seems that e-bay sellers are taking the rep thing very seriously now.
They did not request the defunct ones back so I still have one decent one. If anyone wants [ for free] it PM me.
I have got Puig sliders on it now.
For those of you in the UK check out the M&P on line web page. There are some good brands in theres.

Nelly