Bike and I are OK, but my pride isn't.

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Boy, it is like Christmas at my house, two weeks early!!! :D
I had ANOTHER nice surprise today!!
I had a package waiting on my front porch from Kamloops, Canada!! Inside was a VERY well wrapped and padded brand new CLUTCH LEVER!! WOOHOO!!!! :BLAA:

Thank you SO much Kamloops!!
Now I can get my frame sliders in, and it will be time for a pizza party!! :cheer:

Your welcome! Merry Christmas.
That lever has traveled by the way. I was in California (Disneyland) in August. I had found a FZ6 Clutch Perch advertised that was oem with the mirror mount. I only needed the mount. The guy delivered it to my hotel and I brought it home to Canada and then sent it to you!

Here is is when I got it.
perch1.jpg

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Your welcome! Merry Christmas.
That lever has traveled by the way. I was in California (Disneyland) in August. I had found a FZ6 Clutch Perch advertised that was oem with the mirror mount. I only needed the mount. The guy delivered it to my hotel and I brought it home to Canada and then sent it to you!

Here is is when I got it.
perch1.jpg

That's too funny!!! A multi-national clutch lever!!! :D
Thanks again! It's so nice to have such a caring group of people. :cheer:
(I tried to give you more rep, but it wouldn't let me yet. Gotta spread more of it around first!) :rolleyes:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So it's time for me to join the rest of you members of THE HALL OF SHAME. :(
I had my first spill last weekend. It was cloudy, chilly, and the roads were slick. I am a VERY cautious rider, so I was quite surprised that I ended up in a gentle low side slide.

Here is my story: I came up on a very sharp blind curve (left hander), that was a LOT sharper than any other curves on that road. I saw it was a "switch back" and we don't live in the mountains!
I was very proud of myself for staying steady on the throttle, not hitting the brakes, and leaning a bit more to take the turn. Apparently my rear tire was not on the same page as me, because it came out from under me.
My first thought as I was sliding across the road watching my bike slide ahead of me was, "$h!t, I hope I didn't Fu@k up my bike!!" :mad:
Thank God for good gear, and frame sliders. VERY minor damage. I will need a new clutch lever, and cover. Other damage is very minor war wounds.

View attachment 32392

View attachment 32393

View attachment 32394

View attachment 32395

View attachment 32396

My gear did it's job, too. Just that day, a friend had given me some warmer gloves, which also had a much longer gauntlet, which saved my skin on my left wrist. By the looks of my gear, I slid on my left wrist, belly, and left knee. I also have a small gouge out of my helmet on the left side, and a very minor scratch on the visor. I have quite a big grease mark on my knee, also, which makes me wonder if I hit some oil patch, too.

View attachment 32397
View attachment 32398
View attachment 32399
Sorry to here about your spill. Thank God for good gear.
Did your engine cut out when it fell?

Nelly

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
hi beth, just finished reading all the posts ( have quite a free bit of time at work atm ;)) im glad that your spill was minor and that you kept your calm in such a situation, i think i would have panicked lost my head.. i still have a long way to work on my cornering skills....

i would like to thank brian and kamloops for the freebies they gave you and for helping you save some dosh..

:thumbup:

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
i still have a long way to work on my cornering skills....

i would like to thank brian and kamloops for the freebies they gave you and for helping you save some dosh..

:thumbup:

I also have a long way to work on my cornering skills. Most of my riding has been relatively straight (or gently curved). I'm sure this contributed to my slide.

If anyone has a desire to give out rep points, BryanDH and Kamloops deserve it!! :D

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the fall. Looks like the good coming out of it makes the bad seem not all that bad. I blame it on those darn stock tires.;)