Bike and I are OK, but my pride isn't.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Let me know if you want any cheap help replacing parts. I will work for pizza and dogsitting.

I think I will take you up on your offer, Dirk!! Chunko is too cute to refuse!! :BLAA:

I'm wondering if I should replace the metal gasket on the stator cover as well, or use the old one. Does anyone have experience with issues by using the old one again?

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
My first thought as I was sliding across the road watching my bike slide ahead of me was, "$h!t, I hope I didn't Fu@k up my bike!!" :mad:

Glad to hear you came relatively OK. A great time to reflect how glad you are to have bought quality gear is when your sliding on your butt :thumbup:

Isn't the human brain amazing how it enables us to evaluate the situation & get your priorities straight in a fraction of a second!

Usually the 1st 3 things to come into your mind :D

1. Oh 5hit!!!!
2. Ouch
3. How much is this gonna cost :(

Welcome to the club.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:eek: :eek: Gee Beth , I have 1 weekend away & you go & get yourself in trouble :( Glad you are OK , which is the main thing :thumbup: And even better still , you learnt from your mistake ;)

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Stator cover can be a bit of a pain but it is easy. Dont drain any oil, no need. I just stuck a 2x4 under my stand to tilt it to the side abit.

The cover itself is easy to remove. Its the screws that stator in the cover that can be tough to get loose

Use the original gasket if it is not damaged.
Take some gasket maker and coat that rubber grommet where the wires lead into the cover.

There are some little pins that stick out that help you align the gasket, they will come right out so be careful they don't fall into the engine.

This should help, but dont drain coolant or oil.

How to: Replace Stator (Generator Rotor) Cover : Yamaha R6 Forum: R6MessageNet : YZF-R6 Forums

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I had a nice surprise waiting for me when I got home from work today. :D
BryanDH sent me his "gently used" stator cover, and it is in SO much better shape than mine. I will do my best to keep it that way!
Thank you SO much, Bryan!! :wav: :wav: :wav:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I had a nice surprise waiting for me when I got home from work today. :D
BryanDH sent me his "gently used" stator cover, and it is in SO much better shape than mine. I will do my best to keep it that way!
Thank you SO much, Bryan!!

You're welcome! Glad I could help out! I'd rather see the cover in good use than sitting on a shelf ;)

Nubzshop

Reaction score
www.nubzshop.com
Sorry about the wreck:( Glad you're ok, and it sounds like your getting some much needed replacement parts:) I ran the stock tire for the first 4000ish and in the rain, on the straights I could easily loose traction just rolling on the throttle, I don't know what it is about the rubber but they tend to be overly slick when its wet! I went to a set of dual compound dunlop roadsmart tires that I have not been able to break loose in rain as of yet!

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your spill, but glad you're okay.

I have a pair of jeans from when I lowsided in diesel fuel, that are completely soaked black, like you're describing the oil stain.

Looking at the bright side, now you have an excuse to get new levers :thumbup:

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your spill, but glad you're okay.

I have a pair of jeans from when I lowsided in diesel fuel, that are completely soaked black, like you're describing the oil stain.

Looking at the bright side, now you have an excuse to get new levers :thumbup:

Thanks, Travis!
I was quite surprised that my overpants tore under the knee with such a slow slide. I now have leather riding pants on order, a Christmas gift from my Dad. :cheer:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I now have leather riding pants on order, a Christmas gift from my Dad. :cheer:

Good call. I did the same thing after my spill. Cali rider was inspecting for damage and exclaimed "THESE AREN'T EVEN RIDING PANTS"? :rant: I promptly placed an order for proper riding pants when I got home...