belly pan / lower cowl

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, got the bellypan in today and it looks fantastic! Obviously a perfect match paint-wise (since it's made by Yamaha). I won't get a chance to install it until probably tomorrow, but it looks like a REALLY easy install. Just a couple of brackets mounted to the bottom of the oil pan, mount the chin fairing to the brackets with a couple of bolts and voila, you're done.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, got the bellypan in today and it looks fantastic! Obviously a perfect match paint-wise (since it's made by Yamaha). I won't get a chance to install it until probably tomorrow, but it looks like a REALLY easy install. Just a couple of brackets mounted to the bottom of the oil pan, mount the chin fairing to the brackets with a couple of bolts and voila, you're done.

Remember, WE WANT PICTURES!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered the '06 blue from https://www.rickroushaccessories.com/store/index.php about 2 weeks ago. They too only list up to '07, but I'm sure you could contact them and find out if they could get an '08 for you. $224 and about $240 with shipping. It does take a while to get it, though. I should have mine in the next couple of days, so if you're wanting it fast, these aren't your guys. The reason is because after you place your order, they order the part from Yamaha directly and have it shipped to them and they then ship it to you. Great to deal with, though. I'd recommend them.

Now that's better! '05 Galaxy Blue for $233! Thanks for the heads-up!
:thumbup:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
low and behold they have nothing in the lines of full fairings yet for the 07+ FZ6, i might be have to call Yamaha directly and ask what the deal is...

I feel so f-blocked

(Fairing blocked)

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
low and behold they have nothing in the lines of full fairings yet for the 07+ FZ6, i might be have to call Yamaha directly and ask what the deal is...

I feel so f-blocked

(Fairing blocked)

Ummm..don't bother calling Yamaha about full fairing kits....they don't make them (never have, never will). All full fairing kits are aftermarkets; not Yamaha.

F-blocked...lol, love it!!

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Hellgate, I completely agree that it's a lot of money for a piece of plastic, but DAMN it looks good. The one thing about my FZ6 that always bugged me (but only a little bit) is how exposed the exhaust pipes are where they snake under the engine. It looks pretty cool, but almost like somethings missing. At least to my eye, this is what was missing. :rockon:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hellgate, I completely agree that it's a lot of money for a piece of plastic, but DAMN it looks good. The one thing about my FZ6 that always bugged me (but only a little bit) is how exposed the exhaust pipes are where they snake under the engine. It looks pretty cool, but almost like somethings missing. At least to my eye, this is what was missing. :rockon:

Looks sharp Brother! I like how the color matches pot covers on the front brake calipers. :thumbup:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ummm..don't bother calling Yamaha about full fairing kits....they don't make them (never have, never will). All full fairing kits are aftermarkets; not Yamaha.

F-blocked...lol, love it!!

I figured that Yamaha didn't make them, i am just curious why they are offered on the Yamaha website in other countries but not in the US.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Looks good, something like this might have to get e by until the full ones come to the US, or i can save enough money to buy them in Canada and bring them here,

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
cchouseky, can you get me a shot from a real low angle so i can see how much of the pipes actually stick outin the rear?

reiobard, why don't you check somewhere that sells TCP plastics? they should make the whole fairing, as they make alot of plastics for the FZ.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I can get a low shot for you. I meant to take one when I took those, but just forgot. I'll post it up as soon as I take it.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree, wavex. I think the Puig fits the naked FZ (like your's :rockon:) better than the Yamaha bellypan. For the touring look, like I'm going for, I tend to like the Yamaha one better. Not as aggressive looking. I like how the Puig comes back further under the engine too. Sweet.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I like the Yam, I think it looks great too, but if he`s looking for something cheaper... him being in the UK, the puig would probably be a better deal :)

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I knew you liked the Yamaha bellypan from previous conversations. :p But a big DUH on my part because I didn't realize he was in the UK. So, FWIW, DEFINITELY go with the Puig. That's what I would've done had it been readily available here in the U.S.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Here you go, madmanmaigret. You said you wanted shots showing how far below the cowl the pipes run. Not too much.