belly pan / lower cowl

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
Since no one's suggested it...you can get one of THESE for $65 shipped. You have to spend a little time making brackets and some $ on paint but it's a good quality, one-piece bellypan. I've had mine for almost a year and love it.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Since no one's suggested it...you can get one of THESE for $65 shipped. You have to spend a little time making brackets and some $ on paint but it's a good quality, one-piece bellypan. I've had mine for almost a year and love it.

i was looking at those, do you have pics of it on your bike at different angles?

i found a local dealer willing to sell me one for $300 but cheaper is always better lol.

found your pics, it does look really good.

i hate to think about having to repaint one all the time though. the 3 stage cobalt blue paint would be around $75 shipped plus the cost of the fairing and $20 for the brackets they now sell would add up close to what the oem cowl is.

Last edited:

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
Their brackets are just universal ones - strips of metal with threads and some bolts....pretty much a ripoff since you still have to bend and cut them for your bike. I think I made mine for around $3. If you used real paint I don't think you'd have the issues I did - I think my problem was I initially used that Krylon Fusion stuff, which advertises that it bonds to fiberglass but it really doesn't. I was never really able to get it all off and I used other cheapo spray paints on subsequent coats so that's why I think it chipped so much... I'm really happy with the bedliner though, matches the frame and it's tough as nails :)