belly pan / lower cowl

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Wavex, I just posted my Powerbronze bellypan in the classifieds section over on SBN. It was just sitting here and I figured somebody might want it. It's not like it doesn't have it's merits (cost...cost...um...cost?). I just like the looks of the Yamaha or Puig better.

Roadstergal

Reaction score
Visit site
lol.... don`t get me started on Powerbronze :D

Please, get started. I've been looking at the Powerbronze bellypan and tail from Superbike Store, and I'm interested in what people think of the stuff.

I wasn't impressed with the ordering process on Powerbronze USA's site, which is why I'm looking to go with a distributor.

Postal1979

Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Roadstergal, as far as the quality of the Powerbronze bellypan goes, it's not TERRIBLE. Now, when you put it side by side with the Yamaha or Puig bellypan...that's a different story.

Is the Yamaha bellypan worth the extra $90-$100? IMO, yes. The quality of the plastic is much higher and it's a one-piece design, whereas the Powerbronze is a two-piece that overlaps in front of the pipes. I never did like that about it. I also didn't like how it looked from the front. It's almost like an upside down bowl...it doesn't sit nearly as tight on the engine as the Yamaha. I compared it to looking like the bow of a ship (and got quite a laugh out of wavex :thumbup:).

Hell, the ease with which the Yamaha bellypan mounts as compared to the Powerbronze one makes it worth the extra money. The Yamaha one uses 4 engine bolts that you mount the brackets to, and they're easily accessible. With the Powerbronze, you have to mount one bracket on the (centerstand or kickstand, I can't remember which one) bolt and even when you get 4 brackets mounted, you still have to line them up with the bolt holes on the bellypan. It can be a real pain. The way the brackets are designed on the Yamaha bellypan, you bolt them on and they're right where they need to be to mount the bellypan...no adjustment needed.

Oh, and I also found that the Powerbronze, because of it's design and the way it sticks out away from the engine under the shifter lever, can get in the way of your foot when you're trying to shift. Just some more food for thought.

I tried the cheaper way (the Powerbronze), and I just didn't like it. I sold mine on Ebay and invested in the Yamaha, and I couldn't be happier.

ckkauffman

Reaction score
Visit site
Can someone please tell me why the full lower fairing for the 2006 will not work on the 2007 FZ6. I have seen a couple of sites that say they will and a whole lot more that say they won't.

Thanks

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
No problem, Roadstergal. Glad I could help.

Ckkaufman, the reason the full-fairing (at least the ones that fit the '04-'06) won't fit the '07-'08 is because they shortened the fairing on the '07-up. If you look at a picture of an '06, you'll see that the turn signals are mounted THROUGH the fairing. Then look at a picture of an '07 and you'll find that the turn signals are mounted on a bracket that comes out from under the fairing. The turn signals are (about) the same height on both years, but the fairing is shorter on the '07. So, if you tried to use a full fairing made for an '06 on an '07, you'd have a big gap between the stock fairing and the aftermarket lower fairing.

Wow...I even confused myself with that paragraph. :rockon:

Hope that helped! :thumbup:

jpainter187

Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking about ordering one from FactoryDirectMotorsportsAccessories.com - Motorcycle, ATV, Scooter, & but need to check my color code first I guess... I'm not sure what the difference is on the regular blue and galaxy blue.

Although if I could find a set of the full fairing that Postal listed in the previous page I'd rather try and get those bad boys!

Last edited:

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know this is an old thread but I thought it would be helpful to keep this info all in one place.

I am looking for a cobalt blue belly pan but I have not found any cheaper than $349, does anyone know of a cheaper site to order one from?

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have heard and seen around here somewhere that the prices of those belly pans have shot up and are rather expensive.. it might have been in another currency, but i do-ley recall one near the $700 range.. i believe it is due to them not making any more. can anyone else confirm this???

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have heard and seen around here somewhere that the prices of those belly pans have shot up and are rather expensive.. it might have been in another currency, but i do-ley recall one near the $700 range.. i believe it is due to them not making any more. can anyone else confirm this???

i think that is the lower oem fairing that is $700+ and is not available in the us :(

the oem belly pan though is around $345 or so unless someone is nice enough to post a link for a cheaper price for me.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site

That may be. We saw the same kind of sillyness with grill inserts on GTO back in 06'. They had a "SAP" grill insert that sold @ $150 to $200 originally that shot up to $600 when they stopped making them.

Might be time to sell my belly pan/ lower cowling.. :)

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After seeing the cost of them now, I'm thinking the same thing...lol. :rockon:

*edit* This is where I got mine from 2 or 3 years ago, and I see the prices have indeed gone up. Mine was $230 shipped, which I thought was outrageous at the time, but I love how it makes the bike look, so I got it anyway.

Accessories for Motorcycles and ATV’s Motor Sports dealer selling, Kawasaki motorcycle accessories, Suzuki Motorcycle accessories, Yamaha motorcycle accessories, Honda Motorcycle accessories, KTM accessories

Thanks, that is the "best" price i have seen so far.